PDA

View Full Version : why chance it.....

acetoolguy
01-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I was assigned a patrol off New York, not much happening there really so headed North east.
Now I live on Cape Cod so decided to see if the canal was in the game, Its not. But as I looked out my window onto Buzzards Bay it was lightly snowing, and in the game the weather was a little rough too. I zoomed the map in a little and thought I could guess where my house was. So I headed for the coast on the surface and you know, that little tree lined hill right there looks an awful lot like the one down Head of the Bay road, I'm just a bit South of that. Hmm...that could be Red Brook emptying into the sea right there....I'm just 1000 meters from that. I looked out my window again...but the snow had picked up a bit. Went back to the sub, manned the deck gun...Its just 1500 meters at the most from here to my house..lob a shell right over those trees there...but my wife is napping upstairs.....but this is just a game...I could be the owner of the only house attcked by a U-Boat in WWII...BUT ITS JUST A GAME!!!
Too much bad karama...I sailed away....

Coolhand2005
01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Good thing you held your fire...Play this sim long enough and the line between reality and fantasy can become blurred...CH

Praetorian_Elite
01-06-2006, 08:45 AM
fire! maybe someone will throw a rock through your window right when you fire the deck gun.

The_Silent_O
01-06-2006, 09:02 AM
...and the theme from the "Twilight Zone" starts playing in the background...

...Did you happen to see a funny fishing boat off in the distance from your house...?

...Used to live in "Woosta" and know exactly the geography you are referring to down there...I did a bit of training at Otis AFB.

...You should manuever your U-boat over to P-Town and see what your crew may find??!

acetoolguy
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
After a few months at sea even P-Town might look good... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif