PDA

View Full Version : Time travel?

puya70
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm just throwing this out there.

You know how Desmond can access his memories, but if strays too far he messes up? What if they fixed that so he could do what he wanted and it would affect the future? Like, he could go back to Roman time and Find what the god person was talking about.

Six_Gun
04-22-2010, 02:08 AM
I think you're not realizing that the Animus creates a "virtual" world based on memories imprinted in DNA, so there's no way he could affect history as he's not really participating in it in the physical sense. That's why they use synchronization vs actual health. Think of it as Star Trek's Holodeck on steroids. In other words all the people in these recreated realms he goes to are simulations, not actual flesh and blood. The constant use of light swirl and color desaturation effects are an indication it's a computer SIM of a world, not a real one. The whole purpose of the Animus is to find intel, not physically interact with the actual past.

El_Sjietah
04-22-2010, 02:30 AM
And just because Minerva uses her Roman name, doesn't mean they were still around back then. The ones who came before have been gone long before that.

JohnConnor2012
04-22-2010, 04:18 AM
In fa ct, if I recall correctly, she offers two or three other names associated with other cultures' dieties too when she introduces herself.

Abelzorus-Prime
07-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Well there always is that Piece of Eden that has the ability to manipulate time which Abstergo Industries locked away.