PDA

View Full Version : More immersion in the game is what i like

deathhamster
09-28-2004, 10:59 AM
I have been playing this game from its first incarnation and before that a long list of other flight sims going way back to may old Atari and whilst this game is clear favourite in terms of graphics and flying models and No of planes, it still seems to lack that full experience that makes you feel part of something bigger.

What I would like to see in forth coming games (too late for PF) is a greater feeling of being part of a squadron, that is part of a bigger organisation. CFS 3 went down the lines of giving your sqn mates differing personalities and Wing commander 3 had those great FMV sequwnces, i wonder if IL 2 could do the same, making you feel something inside when a squad mate gets killed or being able to personalise your aircraft by adding kill markings, or naming it and giving it some nose art. What would be great to see in forth coming releases is a genuine attempt at making u feel part of a group instead of standing alone with a bunch of generic robots.

deathhamster
09-28-2004, 10:59 AM
I have been playing this game from its first incarnation and before that a long list of other flight sims going way back to may old Atari and whilst this game is clear favourite in terms of graphics and flying models and No of planes, it still seems to lack that full experience that makes you feel part of something bigger.

What I would like to see in forth coming games (too late for PF) is a greater feeling of being part of a squadron, that is part of a bigger organisation. CFS 3 went down the lines of giving your sqn mates differing personalities and Wing commander 3 had those great FMV sequwnces, i wonder if IL 2 could do the same, making you feel something inside when a squad mate gets killed or being able to personalise your aircraft by adding kill markings, or naming it and giving it some nose art. What would be great to see in forth coming releases is a genuine attempt at making u feel part of a group instead of standing alone with a bunch of generic robots.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Naming your bird and being able to customize it a bit would be very cool. Also, I assume you're referring to the single-player campaigns as if you currently fly online a very high level of immersion is possible.

1. Coms(puts a voice with a name)

2. Coordinated squad-type flying(whther in a squad or not). There are servers that have community Com servers for their patrons...more immersion.

3. Customizable skins (adds that level of personalization)

4. TrackIR (makes view control more intuitive)

The list goes on and some of these things are more immersive than others. For me though, the immersion is one of this games strong points.

TB