PDA

View Full Version : New RAF Squadrons

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Did anyone else notice that the 1.2 beta has 7 or so new RAF squadrons?

Two points: What do people think of those enormous squadron crests? They don't look that accurate to me - but I don't have proof at the moment.

Point two: They didn't include ANY Canadian squadrons in the 1.2 beta. Hopefuly this will be rectified. C'mon - we had more fighter squadrons than the Free French and Belgians combined! I hope that this is fixed for the official release.

Does anyone else care?

P.S. Or are the powers that be already aware of this?

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Did anyone else notice that the 1.2 beta has 7 or so new RAF squadrons?

Two points: What do people think of those enormous squadron crests? They don't look that accurate to me - but I don't have proof at the moment.

Point two: They didn't include ANY Canadian squadrons in the 1.2 beta. Hopefuly this will be rectified. C'mon - we had more fighter squadrons than the Free French and Belgians combined! I hope that this is fixed for the official release.

Does anyone else care?

P.S. Or are the powers that be already aware of this?

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 12:33 AM
As long as medals, flight ranks, and squadron crests are done for the Addon coming in January I'm happy. We don't really have any significant RAF aircraft yet.

I too want to see some Canadian squadrons.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 06:10 AM
I'd like to see (hear) accurate speech-packs too. How hard is it to develop those?

Wingman:
"Jeez, you'd better watch your tail, eh?"

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 06:21 AM
VW-IceFire wrote:
- We don't really have any significant RAF aircraft
- yet.

Unless of course you consider the FACT that the Hurricane was responsible for destroying more enemy aircraft than any other type during the Battle of Britain, but yes.. other then THAT, I suppose we have not SIGNIFICANT raf aircraft yet..........

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

"Flying is more than a sport and more than a job; flying is pure passion and desire, which fill a lifetime."

RAF74_JazzMan
RAF No.74 Squadron
http://www.aircombat.ca/RAF74/

http://www.hotel.wineasy.se/ipms/photos/profile_74sqn_06.gif

"Individual victories in the air should be subordinate to the overall sucess of the group....The most important principle is to insure that those under you feel that their commander understands their worries; that the commander can be approached by anyone in the group; that what he demands of the group is necessary, and that you would never demand of them more that what you are willing to demand of yourself."

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 06:25 AM
Unless of course you consider the FACT that the Hurricane was responsible for destroying more enemy aircraft than any other type during the Battle of Britain, but yes.. other then THAT, I suppose we have not SIGNIFICANT raf aircraft yet..........

I like how when people say that, they leave out the part where it was attirbutable to the FACT that it was available in far greater numbers than the Spitfire at the time... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

if there were as many spitifres throughout the BoB that fact may not hold up...

but he's right... the Hurricane IS a very significant aircraft to the Royal Air Force.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 06:59 AM
UncleReiben wrote:
but yes.. other then THAT, I suppose we
- have not SIGNIFICANT raf aircraft yet..........

True, we have the Hurricane - but we don't have a really signifigant RAF presence. No British bases (to speak of), no British weather (dank clouds and fog) no Spitfire, Typhoon, Tempest, Sunderland, Lancaster, Halifax, Beaufighter, Beaufort or Mosquito (Yet!!!), no speech-pack or anything like that.

We do have the Bleinheim. :-|