PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X52 and CH Rudder Pedals?

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I've been looking for rudder pedals to replace my twist function on my joystick and was looking at the options available to me.

I've seen the CH rudder pedals and heard many great things about them but one thing I've heard is they're not compatible with othe brands devices.

So I guess I'm wondering if they would work with my X52 stick or should I wait around for the Saitek Rudder pedals coming out in July or August. My brain tells me to wait for the saitek since they're made for the X52 but my brain also tells me GET PEDALS NOW!

Does anyone have any experience with CH pedals being used with other devices that ARE NOT CH? Or do you think I should just wait for the Saitek?

One thing is for sure! I will get track IR and the IL-2 Complete edition!

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I've been looking for rudder pedals to replace my twist function on my joystick and was looking at the options available to me.

I've seen the CH rudder pedals and heard many great things about them but one thing I've heard is they're not compatible with othe brands devices.

So I guess I'm wondering if they would work with my X52 stick or should I wait around for the Saitek Rudder pedals coming out in July or August. My brain tells me to wait for the saitek since they're made for the X52 but my brain also tells me GET PEDALS NOW!

Does anyone have any experience with CH pedals being used with other devices that ARE NOT CH? Or do you think I should just wait for the Saitek?

One thing is for sure! I will get track IR and the IL-2 Complete edition!

stathem
06-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Yep, that's my system (and many others I think) and it works fine, but be sure to read here (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm) for how to set it up in the Conf.ini

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Do you think its worth waiting for the Saitek pedals just for comparison? Or is CH that good (yeah I know they're one of the best too if not the best).

SithSpeeder
06-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Running X-52, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR2, and a Logitech USB Headset. All is good here!

The Saitek's are wider spaced and more adjustable. If you can wait, I'd lean toward the Saitek ones.

* _54th_Speeder *

HitchHikerHSDWG
06-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks a bunch for the help this forum is great for advice on these things!

notamuppet
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
X-52 & home mades are working well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif