PDA

View Full Version : big time low-end system bug with p-40

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 07:47 PM
hi
i've got a pretty bad system but it runs fb so i can't complain... much. anyways i've got a radeon 7500, 900 mhz cpu, 128 megs of ram. i've got fb running at 800x600x16bit and among other things, the dither setting is on. most of the time this setup works pretty good, but on the p40 there is a big problem. the gunsight won't show up unless i am in gunsight view. on wide and normal views it is gone completely. at 1024x768x16 w/dither, i can see it on normal, but not wide (i don't run at that resolution because i need fps wherever i can get it)
i'm pretty sure i could fix this by running at 32 bit, or by turning dither off. but at 32 i would lose performance, and with dither off i would lose graphic quality. is there anything i could do to fix this without doing the above two things, or is this something that should not happen that may need to be fixed in fb. i sure hope i can fix this on my computer because i would hate to wait until the next next patch for me to be able to fly the p40 (especially since the dive bug is getting fixed.)

i can post my dxdiag if someone needs it.

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 07:47 PM
hi
i've got a pretty bad system but it runs fb so i can't complain... much. anyways i've got a radeon 7500, 900 mhz cpu, 128 megs of ram. i've got fb running at 800x600x16bit and among other things, the dither setting is on. most of the time this setup works pretty good, but on the p40 there is a big problem. the gunsight won't show up unless i am in gunsight view. on wide and normal views it is gone completely. at 1024x768x16 w/dither, i can see it on normal, but not wide (i don't run at that resolution because i need fps wherever i can get it)
i'm pretty sure i could fix this by running at 32 bit, or by turning dither off. but at 32 i would lose performance, and with dither off i would lose graphic quality. is there anything i could do to fix this without doing the above two things, or is this something that should not happen that may need to be fixed in fb. i sure hope i can fix this on my computer because i would hate to wait until the next next patch for me to be able to fly the p40 (especially since the dive bug is getting fixed.)

i can post my dxdiag if someone needs it.

XyZspineZyX
06-26-2003, 10:38 PM
bump