PDA

View Full Version : Skins on Mutiplayer

sk065
05-12-2005, 07:16 AM
S!

I was wondering if any of you guys know if its possible to put your fav skin on an a/c in mutiplayer even if the server does not support downloading skins. i.e. can you put a skin on say a p-51 which only you will see?
If this is possible, is it also possible that you can select that skin to be shown on all persons who fly the p-51 in that server. I ask because i dont like the generic skins of a lot of the a/c, which most of the MP servers support by default.
I hope this makes sense
Thanks for your time

Tully__
05-12-2005, 08:04 AM
If you choose a skin for your own plane, you will always see it. If the server has skin download off, no-one else will see it. If the server has skin download on but some players have it off, those who have it off will only see default skins.

bolillo_loco
05-12-2005, 08:12 AM
I have never tried it, but to give other players skins that you want I would guess that you simply delete every skin other than the one you want to see on enemy a/c. should you do this I would suggest saving all the skins that you remove to a folder of the same name, but with default added to it. then you could cut and paste what ever skin you want.........

as far as selecting a different skin for each plane in the game......I cant imagine how you could do this, ie

if 20 people are in a game with you and all are using the exact same a/c I cant imagine how you could give each one its own unique skin.

maybe a computer guru might know.

SithSpeeder
05-12-2005, 04:21 PM
The question I want to address here from the multitude
If this is possible, is it also possible that you can select that skin to be shown on all persons who fly the p-51 in that server.

I don't think this is possible and I wouldn't want it to be. Why? Because it would be used as a cheat like many have in CFS2. Think about it--you make your enemies plane show up in optic orange. If yours is optic orange to you, you don't care, but now spotting everyone else just became a lot easier.

Now, perhaps if it only applied to your own team, then it might work. But even then, now you could more easily identify your own team by using this feature/cheat. So I really hope that this is NOT implemented.

* _54th_Speeder *