PDA

View Full Version : mods yes or no?

xr_fighter
07-23-2005, 12:42 AM
are all these mods out there safe to use i mean will they cause game crashes or if trying to play online will it give an error cause one player got difrent game configuration and all i know some games check to make shure games are same version and if someone got a mod it usually says player has difrent game version will this ucure in sh3?

alarmer
07-23-2005, 01:34 AM
I can´t speak for all mods out there but most of them work just fine. You just need to be sure your running the latest version 1.4b with SH3 before you start modding. This is since most of the mods are designed or later updated to the changes of the latest patch.

For me SH3 patched to 1.4b and with latest Rub 1.42 mod everything works very fine, no crashes no troubles.

With online play its different, I think at the moment only SH3 patched to 1.4b works online well. If you use mods you have pretty good chance of ruining multiplayer aspect of the game.

There is a good program out there which allows you to enable and disable mods freely, without the need of overwriting your files manually. This way when you want to play single you can enable your mods and when hopping to online enviroment you can disable the mods. Dont remember the programs name, but Iam sure somebody else can point it out.

Hope this helps.

Jack_Stern
07-23-2005, 01:46 AM
I have a number of mods installed. No fatique,Recmanual Mod, contrast mod, several of the single player mods, flag mod, several gamophone mods and these cause no conflict with the single or muliplayer games. They do add to the gameplay experience, also using the 1.4 patch.

davizr
07-23-2005, 03:05 AM
The mod enabler you can get here.. it lets you add/remove mods before you run the game.
There is a README and a good .jpg pic to see how to use it:
http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches/jsgme.zip

Originally posted by alarmer:

There is a good program out there which allows you to enable and disable mods freely, without the need of overwriting your files manually. This way when you want to play single you can enable your mods and when hopping to online enviroment you can disable the mods. Dont remember the programs name, but Iam sure somebody else can point it out.

Hope this helps.

Cpt_Walrus
07-23-2005, 06:06 AM
I use like 8 or so types of mods and I had no problems yet with the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just make sure you back-up your original files then you know you safe.