PDA

View Full Version : Getting the keys for the Masyaf library are far too easy **Spoilers Warning**

KrYpToNiC95
10-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Someone has posted this video already but, It made me a bit disappointed at how easy it had been to get the key. It's the boat chase scene. Basically he chases the boat, kills the guys and opens a doorway and gets the key. It just seems too straightforward, what are your ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqMVL75vQ8

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
See:
Lairs of Romulus
Assassin Tombs

Animuses
10-22-2011, 05:26 PM
The title is kind of a spoiler btw.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 05:28 PM
To be completely honest, the length of it sounds good. After all, the important things about the Seals of Altiar are them themselves, not the journey to get them.

NewBlade200
10-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Wait... Assassin's Creed games are easy?!

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Actually, I don't think that was a main mission either, and if it was it still part of a sequence.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Wait... Assassin's Creed games are easy?!
I am shocked and appalled!

AnthonyA85
10-22-2011, 07:22 PM
well, the romulus lairs got progressively harder (except for the sixth day), and the last Assassin tomb was VERY difficult,

and i think that boat chase one is the first one we do, (the leandros one doesn't count), so it's bound to be the easiest.

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Seriously? Q.Q a bit more please.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Err.. the Leandros one does kinda count. It's like the Assassin Tomb in the Santa Maria Novella and the Lair of Romulus in Nero's Golden Palace.

Bipolar Matt
10-22-2011, 09:10 PM
They might look easy, but you won't know for sure until you play them. The hookblade and some mechanical tweaks might throw off your game a little bit, at least at first.

Serrachio
10-22-2011, 09:16 PM
They might be easy for you if you have around every weapon available etc, but I don't think you will be that well prepared when it comes to them in game.

I think for these demonstrations of the games, they are simplified to show it off, but it may end up that they're a lot harder or that there are more guards for instance.

rileypoole1234
10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Just curious, how long did you expect them to be? This is also probably just an early mission. I don't think Ubi would let them play a later mission.

RzaRecta357
10-23-2011, 09:09 PM
That's probably one of the first ones he finds and doesn't even know what it does.

Pretty sure you have to return to your HQ to use those seals after that one.

YHHTQ
10-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I play games to have fun, not to bore myself to death or quit playing them out of frustration.

For that, I have my daily life outside gaming and stuff, work included. Seriously, some people take this hobby way seriously.

Do people want a challenge? Join Greenpeace, UNICEF or something like that and try to change the world while at it. Try to find challenge in that, NOT in a videogame.

r4inm4n1991
10-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I play games to have fun, not to bore myself to death or quit playing them out of frustration.

For that, I have my daily life outside gaming and stuff, work included. Seriously, some people take this hobby way seriously.

Do people want a challenge? Join Greenpeace, UNICEF or something like that and try to change the world while at it. Try to find challenge in that, NOT in a videogame.

+1

Well said.

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 08:22 AM
How is that well said? Games like space invaders have provided challenges since the conception of video games. Video games are there to challenge you. It's just the way it is.

That's why they add Easy modes....ways the game isn't intended to be played..for people that don't like a challenge.

Games like AC don't have difficulties because they want to challenge you.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
How is that well said? Games like space invaders have provided challenges since the conception of video games. Video games are there to challenge you. It's just the way it is.

That's why they add Easy modes....ways the game isn't intended to be played..for people that don't like a challenge.

Games like AC don't have difficulties because they want to challenge you.
Challenging games have been out of fashion for years now.
I agree with YHHTQ. If you want a challenge, go do something real. Life is challenging, it should offer you more than enough to deal with.

I don't agree on joining Greenpeace though. *ramble* bunch of hypocrites *ramble*

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Give me a break. That's why games like Batman and Borderlands have new game+ added to it.

That's why games like Dark Souls are so good.

Saying go do something challenging in life is just silly sounding.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Give me a break. That's why games like Batman and Borderlands have new game+ added to it.

It's silly sounding to get a life?

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

It's silly sounding to get a life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, when it's someone saying do it because you enjoy challenging games.

Honestly, it almost sounds like some 1970's jock trying to stuff a nerd into a locker. Heh.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Honestly, it almost sounds like some 1970's jock trying to stuff a nerd into a locker. Heh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm probably as nerdy as anyone can get, but I absolutely detest people who try to become "experts" at a game. It's a game. You're just supposed to play it and enjoy it, not spend hours every day "training". It's not your job to be good at it, it's not going to earn you any kind of money that could support you and most importantly, most people who do so behave like absolute [insert negative description here]'s when playing with friends.

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Honestly, it almost sounds like some 1970's jock trying to stuff a nerd into a locker. Heh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm probably as nerdy as anyone can get, but I absolutely detest people who try to become "experts" at a game. It's a game. You're just supposed to play it and enjoy it, not spend hours every day "training". It's not your job to be good at it, it's not going to earn you any kind of money that could support you and most importantly, most people who do so behave like absolute [insert negative description here]'s when playing with friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I totally agree with you on that. But things like Dark Souls can be really satisfying when you kill a boss. Things like the challenge rooms in Batman are awesome. Trophies that ask you to do specific little things just to squeeze out an extra bit of juice on a game are fun.

I'm not saying sit there with your eyes glued to the leaderboard then getting to the top and gloating about it. That's obviously over the top. That doesn't even need to be said.

But tons of people would LOVE for AC to be more challenging. I mean, the fights ARE too easy are they not? Hopefully those new guards will tone it up a bit.

LightRey
10-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Well, I totally agree with you on that. But things like Dark Souls can be really satisfying when you kill a boss. Things like the challenge rooms in Batman are awesome. Trophies that ask you to do specific little things just to squeeze out an extra bit of juice on a game are fun.

I'm not saying sit there with your eyes glued to the leaderboard then getting to the top and gloating about it. That's obviously over the top. That doesn't even need to be said.

But tons of people would LOVE for AC to be more challenging. I mean, the fights ARE too easy are they not? Hopefully those new guards will tone it up a bit.
I don't think they're too easy. AC has never been about challenging combat and I think there's quite a significant portion of the fans that would actually start to dislike the games if they got much harder, because it would cause frustration. People generally say they want something, but often it turns out that they actually really don't.

RzaRecta357
10-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Well, AC1 had a bit of challenge. AC2 and B you could literally just defend and counterattack to win. Totally easy. They listened to this though and added those new guards to try and make everyone happy. Pretty sure Amancio says it in an interview somewhere. So, enough fans want a bigger challenge that they decided to do something about it.

AssassinMac
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi all,

I'm the uploader of the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqMVL75vQ8

and here's my channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/MasTheBestCOD

If you have any questions, you're welcome !

Btw, i know that everybody asks himself if that was a main mission or not. And i now have the answer because I went back to the show which takes place in Paris until tomorrow. The answer is that it IS a main mission because the icon of the mission on the minimap had an exclamation mark in the middle of another symbol.

Once again I'm free for any questions, but I think it would be easier to post them on my YouTube channel.

Last thing, i'm going back to the Paris Games Week show tomorrow. I'll try to ask for the mission.

See ya, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MasTheBest

CholericCrest
10-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
To be completely honest, the length of it sounds good. After all, the important things about the Seals of Altiar are them themselves, not the journey to get them. No the Altair missions are supper short apparently.

pacmanate
10-25-2011, 03:32 AM
That does look really easy but I read somewhere that this assassins creed has a difficulty setting?

Chronomancy
10-25-2011, 03:45 AM

I'm probably as nerdy as anyone can get, but I absolutely detest people who try to become "experts" at a game. It's a game. You're just supposed to play it and enjoy it, not spend hours every day "training". It's not your job to be good at it, it's not going to earn you any kind of money that could support you and most importantly, most people who do so behave like absolute [insert negative description here]'s when playing with friends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree here becoming a pro gamer can earn you enough money to support you (depending on the game of course) for example becoming pro in a game say for instance World Of Warcraft it opens up so many doors. You get to travel the world, getting decent money and enjoying what you do at the same time.

Noble6
10-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Funny how people want games to be like movies. They don't want challenges but just observe how cool things happen in the screen. Soon games don't need controllers and gameplay is replaced with cutscenes because because possible failing would be frustrating .

Okay maybe I just exaggerated...
but I am still waiting for difficulty system that would make new gameplay-elements more useful. Batman AC for example is much more rewarding(Im not saying it's better..)

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Noble6:
but I am still waiting for difficulty system that would make new gameplay-elements more useful. Batman AC for example is much more rewarding(Im not saying it's better..)

not only that, a difficulty system would also add a lot of replay value to the game, because once you finish the game in one difficulty level, if you enjoyed the game you'll probably try to finish it in other difficulty levels, at least this is what I do...

eagleforlife1
10-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by BLUEdevil96:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
To be completely honest, the length of it sounds good. After all, the important things about the Seals of Altiar are them themselves, not the journey to get them. No the Altair missions are supper short apparently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darby McDevitt says that they are between 45 minutes and 1 hour in length.

eagleforlife1
10-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noble6:

not only that, a difficulty system would also add a lot of replay value to the game, because once you finish the game in one difficulty level, if you enjoyed the game you'll probably try to finish it in other difficulty levels, at least this is what I do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use my original weapons and armour and refuse to use medicine. I die quite often using this technique. Maybe I'm just a bad player but I suspect the opposite.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Noble6:
Funny how people want games to be like movies. They don't want challenges but just observe how cool things happen in the screen. Soon games don't need controllers and gameplay is replaced with cutscenes because because possible failing would be frustrating .

Okay maybe I just exaggerated...
I want creative gameplay, not challenging gameplay. I want to be able to play games in a way I myself thought of and AC has always provided me with that. It always allowed me to think of my own plan for how to complete a mission. I want that to be the focus.

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noble6:

not only that, a difficulty system would also add a lot of replay value to the game, because once you finish the game in one difficulty level, if you enjoyed the game you'll probably try to finish it in other difficulty levels, at least this is what I do... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use my original weapons and armour and refuse to use medicine. I die quite often using this technique. Maybe I'm just a bad player but I suspect the opposite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's a way to add difficulty to the game, but I would prefer to be able to use all the resources I have at my disposal and still have challenge in some moments, why would they add medicine if it wasn't meant to be used, (IMO) it would be a waste of developing time, the same applies to the other resources, bombs, heavy weapons, etc, they aren't really needed, they make the gameplay much more fun, yes, but they aren't really needed in the game, you are still able to kill all the guards with your hidden blade and sword, even with your bare hands...

I want creative gameplay, not challenging gameplay. I want to be able to play games in a way I myself thought of and AC has always provided me with that. It always allowed me to think of my own plan for how to complete a mission. I want that to be the focus.

and no one (at least I don't) is asking them to completely remove that from the game, people who seeks challenge are just asking them to add more challenge in the game, some people are asking for a difficulty system, what IMO would be perfect for both sides...

LightRey
10-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
and no one (at least I don't) is asking them to completely remove that from the game, people who seeks challenge are just asking them to add more challenge in the game, some people are asking for a difficulty system, what IMO would be perfect for both sides...
Which is asking for a lot. It's not like they can just tweak the game a little and a difficulty system is implemented. It takes a lot of work to add something like that.

Noble6
10-25-2011, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Which is asking for a lot. It's not like they can just tweak the game a little and a difficulty system is implemented. It takes a lot of work to add something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think it's asked too much because it's very used concept in videogames and it really is easiest way to balance game for all players and I can only hope that developers add it in AC3.

RzaRecta357
10-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Too bad the freedom of mission you so want will never be available again due to complaints of the first game.

Now we just get GTA style'd missions and they're even going as far as to add Uncharted style shakey cams. I can see lots of the missions being linear here.

Hopefully they open it up a bit.

Also, how would adding a difficulty be asking to much? All they have to do is make the AI attack more often so you have to get your timings down right.

The regular difficulty could just be childs play as it has been since Ezio could block every blow with his bracer.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Too bad the freedom of mission you so want will never be available again due to complaints of the first game.

Now we just get GTA style'd missions and they're even going as far as to add Uncharted style shakey cams. I can see lots of the missions being linear here.

Hopefully they open it up a bit.

Also, how would adding a difficulty be asking to much? All they have to do is make the AI attack more often so you have to get your timings down right.

The regular difficulty could just be childs play as it has been since Ezio could block every blow with his bracer.
I don't know what you're talking about. ACII and ACB have just as much freedom as ACI had.

I don't think it's asked too much because it's very used concept in videogames and it really is easiest way to balance game for all players and I can only hope that developers add it in AC3.
It is asking a lot. It's not an easy feature to implement in a game that wasn't designed to have it.