PDA

View Full Version : Big thank you to DART-No more rubber bullets -

wsiel
12-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I've dabbled at playing flight sims since well before the first IL-2 but, never taken it all that serious.
Lately I've been really trying to get the hang of actually flying the planes with full real settings and learning one plane at a time starting with the P-40 and Mig-3.
After hours of fustration I was almost convinced that the .5 MGs were loaded with rubber bullets.
Thankfully after doing a search of this forum I located Dart's training videos. They were a tremendous help!
I scored my first kill on an AI Zero at the top of his loop with a 1 sec. burst from 350m.

Just want to say thanks to Dart for all his hard work!

wsiel
12-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I've dabbled at playing flight sims since well before the first IL-2 but, never taken it all that serious.
Lately I've been really trying to get the hang of actually flying the planes with full real settings and learning one plane at a time starting with the P-40 and Mig-3.
After hours of fustration I was almost convinced that the .5 MGs were loaded with rubber bullets.
Thankfully after doing a search of this forum I located Dart's training videos. They were a tremendous help!
I scored my first kill on an AI Zero at the top of his loop with a 1 sec. burst from 350m.

Just want to say thanks to Dart for all his hard work!

WTE_Galway
12-29-2008, 03:05 PM
0.50 cal is also the bane of the Tiger tank .. be sure.

Cobra-84
12-30-2008, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wsiel:
I scored my first kill on an AI Zero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to start another useless .50 cal fight, but try going against a FW-190, BF-109, or anything else with an ancient damage model and you'll go back to pulling our hair out. Killing Zeros (or anything completely new added in the past few years) has never been the problem.

staticline1
12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
0.50 cal is also the bane of the Tiger tank .. be sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful bro, that could lead to a 10 pager of flameage, unless of course you have a large bag of popcorn for the show. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

As for the .50's and most a/c, its always best not to shoot from a direct 6' shot as most rounds will either slip over or under your enemy. It's best to wait for a decent profile of him then pump him full of lead, rest assured he'll become a lawn dart in no time.

wsiel
12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I've been trying to get the hang of high side frontal attacks on HE-111's with the Mig-3(early), staying between 11 and 1 o'clock but, I can't seem to get the angle right.
Either I lose the control surfaces or I get too close and faceplant into the greenhouse!
In Arcade mode it's a hoot to see the arrows sticking out of the target plane so at least I know I where I hit him or totally missed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

As far as the FW-190 , I would guess that's why they went with the 20mm.

Bearcat99
12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cobra-84:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wsiel:

Not to start another useless .50 cal fight, but try going against a FW-190, BF-109, or anything else with an ancient damage model and you'll go back to pulling our hair out. Killing Zeros (or anything completely new added in the past few years) has never been the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All depends on where you hit em...

Divine-Wind
12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cobra-84:

Not to start another useless .50 cal fight, but try going against a FW-190, BF-109, or anything else with an ancient damage model and you'll go back to pulling our hair out. Killing Zeros (or anything completely new added in the past few years) has never been the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All depends on where you hit em... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Engines and wing[roots] are your best friend.

general_kalle
12-30-2008, 03:42 PM
usually..cockpit works quite well also..especially with a bunch of Light machine guns at close range.

WTE_Galway
12-30-2008, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by general_kalle:
usually..cockpit works quite well also..especially with a bunch of Light machine guns at close range. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Especially on the ju88 .. the Junkers pilots have a dodgy ticker and have a heart attack as soon as you shoot anywhere near the cockpit.

Ba5tard5word
12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I still don't like .50 cals compared to cannons, but they're certainly better than .30 cals...

WTE_Galway
12-30-2008, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
I still don't like .50 cals compared to cannons, but they're certainly better than .30 cals... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/clannagh/ammunition.jpg

nuf said .......