PDA

View Full Version : From difficulty 73 % to 100 % Need help!

russian_crazy
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
So I played enough on difficulty 73% And now I whant to feel being captain of submarine. So I will need able to calculate AOB, and gues what? I CAN'T!!!

Still can't get it how to calculate it. It will be nice if there is some tutorials around or just detailful explonaition will be nice.

If you will lose some time for Russian Navy. THANK you SO big. =)

russian_crazy
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
So I played enough on difficulty 73% And now I whant to feel being captain of submarine. So I will need able to calculate AOB, and gues what? I CAN'T!!!

Still can't get it how to calculate it. It will be nice if there is some tutorials around or just detailful explonaition will be nice.

If you will lose some time for Russian Navy. THANK you SO big. =)

KiwiVenge
04-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Somewhere around here is a great tutorial. If i find it I will post a link. There is a thread here with the link as well.
If only the search engine worked here ....

KiwiVenge
04-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Here is a thread with great tips and more links to other areas with How To's and such.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=2871043603

Capt.LoneRanger
04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Honestly, I gave up this method. With a very little training, you'll be able to estimate angles and speeds very good and van simply "aim" with the scope. Not very professional, but it works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

reumatiib
04-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Play at 100% as a ******-captain? Now stop and think for a moment: if you were actually standing in a U-boat, and your crew was REAL and not braindead robots, could you know how much noise was being produced inside your own sub?? DUh, you could look around and use your own ears to know. And your officers in other parts of the boat would know.

2nd, no REAL CAPTAIN as you put it would ping the bottom to find how deep the water is. He would look at his charts and find that data right there, easily at hand. Sadly the map we are given is NOT REALISTIC - because it lacks depth indications.

3rd, if a real SONAR MAN was on board he would hear ships at least as good as you can. But in the game I can often hear ships on the sonar, and then I ask my sonar dude what contacts are out there, and he just says "DUUUH?".

4th, if he was a real sonar man he would be feeding you a continual accounting of where ships were to the best of his abilities. You would ask him once and he would continue to give this info to you as things changed (even Das Boat got that right).

5th As captain, if you kept trying to plot all the torpedoe angles and if you were always going to the weapons control to set everything yourself, your officers would protest (since that is their jobs) and if you persisted in the face of dangerous combat they might FRAG you or throw you overboard.

6th. Captains did not have to keep assigning men their stations every few hours, others did that chore and even they made printed orders that covered all that and the men themselves would follow the correct duty roster automatically. U-boat men were not stupid nor lazy.

KiwiVenge
04-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Not just to be contrary here, but in regards to #2 did they really have depth charts for the sub warefare theatre?
Just curious.

U-505-1971
04-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I agree with reumatiib. No need for the Capt. To do everything

reumatiib
04-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, weeks ago I posted a link to a 1800s ship charts that gave depth info. Even ships and medium large boats need to know simply things like that. Most of that data was gathered hundreds of years ago in areas of shallow water near Europe and the world's coast lines.
Now what was that link? Hmm, here is one: http://www.gracegalleries.com/images/CONN/CON102.jpg