PDA

View Full Version : Please help a newbie: where is the operating manual for IL2FB?

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:39 PM
I play quite bit with jet sims like Flanker but I never played any prop sim before so this is my first time into this kind.

Anyway, after receiving my shiny IL2FB copy from amazon yesterday, I can't seem to find a real "operating" manal either printed or in PDF. What I need is a manual that tells me precisely how to operate the planes, like how to take off, how to land (landing speed for each aircraft etc), how to aim and gun, how to navigate through waypoints, how to drop a bomb (in step by step!), etc etc.

The printed manual is way too gerenal, and the "advanced" manual in CD2 is indeed too advanced (only those advanced combat tactics etc). Could someone please tell me where I could find a operating manual for IL2FB? Do I have to buy IL2 original to get it? Or is it burried somewhere in the CDs?

I went through couple training missions. How can I take over control of the aircraft during training mission? Also there is no voice in such missions, only subtitles, are these normal?

Thanks a lot!

Yang

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:39 PM
I play quite bit with jet sims like Flanker but I never played any prop sim before so this is my first time into this kind.

Anyway, after receiving my shiny IL2FB copy from amazon yesterday, I can't seem to find a real "operating" manal either printed or in PDF. What I need is a manual that tells me precisely how to operate the planes, like how to take off, how to land (landing speed for each aircraft etc), how to aim and gun, how to navigate through waypoints, how to drop a bomb (in step by step!), etc etc.

The printed manual is way too gerenal, and the "advanced" manual in CD2 is indeed too advanced (only those advanced combat tactics etc). Could someone please tell me where I could find a operating manual for IL2FB? Do I have to buy IL2 original to get it? Or is it burried somewhere in the CDs?

I went through couple training missions. How can I take over control of the aircraft during training mission? Also there is no voice in such missions, only subtitles, are these normal?

Thanks a lot!

Yang

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:52 PM
Welcome.

You should try here:

http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/il2_fb.htm

On the left hand side, under GUIDES, there some very helpful files.

Cheers.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:34 AM
Thanks a lot! I'll definitely take a good look over that site. BTW, is it true there is no such detail manuals in IL2FB?

Yang

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 04:30 AM
The flight manual for FB is vague. It tells you the basics, which we all need to know, but that is just about it. As a matter of fact, the manuals for the original and FB are just about the same.