PDA

View Full Version : EGM needs to apologize to ubisoft and repeal there statement.

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 04:47 PM
They may have well ruined this game for lots of people because of their typo stating that you run with the right analogue stick. To anyone who doesn't know, you run with the left and EGM just got messed up. Now lots of people are complain and it thinking thats really how you move and not wanting the game anymore. EGM should absolutely post an apology and clear things up for those who are still confused.

*note if you have read this before, i just posted it on gamespot/gamefaqs board.

membernametaken
11-02-2007, 04:49 PM
We goin' have ourselves a hangin'?

elvenmonkey13
11-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by membernametaken:
We goin' have ourselves a hangin'?

I got the rope...

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I think that everyone should cancel there subscriptions, opposed to hangings, that is if were going to go all drastic and what not.

simulacra
This might the biggest non-issue the ubisoft forums have ever seen ...

NOXER36
It's disappointing how EGM gave the game overall a negative preview. Hopefully reviews can show it's worth.

T_Spoon_UK
11-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Haha...

You cant be serious...?

people here get upset so easily.

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm not the one upset. I'm just speaking for people who are upset, but tend to make it worse when they start resorting to personal insults to people who agree with EGM.

If you have read what people are saying, you can see lots of people think its a big deal.

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 05:02 PM
sorry for the double post, but people need to realize why people are mad. If people believe what it said, take your 360 controller and try to play like they explained it. Free running: Hold Right trigger, Hold A, and run with the RIGHT stick. Its very hard to do if you want good control. Thats why people are mad, if you didn't understand.

simulacra
11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Which ppl are upset, and why cant such ppl read the manual/do the tutorial mission?

SkullSoldier
11-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Hah, when I first read that it seemed like the pettiest thing but when you explained it I kinda get what you mean.

I usually just trust that game designers know what they're doing and don't really look too heavily into these types of things. Though if people listen purely to just one website instead of doing 5 minutes research for a broad spectrum of results they shouldn't really be allowed to comment..

That's that stupidity.

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 05:10 PM
People aren't going to be able to read the manual or do a tutorial mission if they think the controls are almost impossible to use, so they won't bother picking the game up.
Edit:my comment was directed to simulacra.

BenC88
11-02-2007, 05:11 PM
yeah i just came from the gamespot boards and had a little deja vu.

simulacra
11-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I'd call it natural selection, if they get all switched because they're imagening that the controls will be impossible it might be better that they play games whose reviews doesn't contain tiny factual errors.
Those are not my concerns, but it might be for some individuals...

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
A game having near impossible controls isn't a "tiny factual error." That would be a big deal for some people.

SkullSoldier
11-02-2007, 05:22 PM
But aren't controls mainly customisable these days?

Or is that just PC..

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Doubtful with this game. It has such unique controls i doubt they are customizable.

BellumetPax
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
-Meh-i dont care that they got it wrong, if people are dumb enough to believe that Ubi is expecting you to run with your right thumb while also pushing buttons with your right thumb and give no real duty to lil ol lefty, then they deserve to cancel their order and pick it up later once everyone has already played for a week. Its quite funny if you think about it

simulacra
11-02-2007, 05:58 PM
My point exactly, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, talk about making something out of nothing.
If ppl cant play the game because an error in a review they should go see a psychiatrist.
Never mind the review, go buy the game and play it as per instructions FROM the game itself and everything will be okeli dokeli.

rahul911
11-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Well, they messed it up. Can anyone please tell me what scores they gave to the game, cos i missed it

iPlunder
11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
It was a Preview. Not a review. And i doubt anyone would spend 60 dollars on a game that they think is next to impossible control, so no one would be reading the instruction manual if they didn't buy the game.

BellumetPax
11-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm sorry iPlunder, but this is really about common sense. Who in thier right mind would expect a game company to make a game that consists of nothing but right hand control? It would seem pointless and impossible. So they said right instead of left, big deal. I am pretty sure that people can figure out that the left half of the control is going to be used too. -chillax-

DeadCorpseAC
11-02-2007, 08:58 PM
EGM sux. The worst game magazine that I know.

MiniAssasin
11-03-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
It was a Preview. Not a review. And i doubt anyone would spend 60 dollars on a game that they think is next to impossible control, so no one would be reading the instruction manual if they didn't buy the game.

see the problem is people listen to other people far too much these days and jump to idiotic conclusions when there are no issues at all

i wish people would think for themselves and get a clue lol

Phreaky_McGeek
11-03-2007, 03:20 AM
I think one thing that we're overlooking is that the fact that anyone with a year plus of gaming experience will be able to work out that it's a mistake.

dragfindel
11-03-2007, 04:04 AM
right and left mix up = same effect as game delayed
oh noes!

AltairBear
11-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Is there a link to where they retract their statement?

spazzoo1025
11-03-2007, 02:16 PM
does it actually matter that much? i'm sure if someone was concerned that much, they'd check other reviews too....

DrBo
11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iPlunder:

see the problem is people listen to other people far too much these days and jump to idiotic conclusions when there are no issues at all

i wish people would think for themselves and get a clue lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because the internet is full of "truths." MGS2 makes a good point about it. With the power of the internet we can say anything completely anonymous, there's no burden of proof. I could say right now that I'm a reviewer and just got the review build of Assassin's Creed a while ago. Then I could make any claim I wanted, some of you that know better obviously wouldn't believe me but there would be some that would just immediately ask me questions about it. The internet is full of ****, use common sense and filter it.

dd22cowboys
11-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by simulacra:
Which ppl are upset, and why cant such ppl read the manual/do the tutorial mission?

Because the games not out yet?

Fastr77
11-03-2007, 04:56 PM
while i was reading the mag it caught my eye.. and i thought to myself, run with the right? how odd, but as others said, I trust the company so i figured if thats how it was then they had a good reason.