PDA

View Full Version : qmb,how do you prolong the battle

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 07:49 PM
As a bad pilot,i am practicing using the QMB to set up dogfights.
I have set the skill settings to ace for both sides but have found that the enemy tend to scrap for a couple of minutes and then clear off,not finishing the fight.
Sometimes they seem reluctant to mix it and even fire their weapons [yes i have armed them].
How do you get them to fight to the bitter end,i flew last night in a BF 109 verses 2 LA 7'S downed one and had to chase the other off the map to his airbase before getting him,i would'nt have thought they would have refused combat in a 2 v 1 against me LOL.

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 07:49 PM
As a bad pilot,i am practicing using the QMB to set up dogfights.
I have set the skill settings to ace for both sides but have found that the enemy tend to scrap for a couple of minutes and then clear off,not finishing the fight.
Sometimes they seem reluctant to mix it and even fire their weapons [yes i have armed them].
How do you get them to fight to the bitter end,i flew last night in a BF 109 verses 2 LA 7'S downed one and had to chase the other off the map to his airbase before getting him,i would'nt have thought they would have refused combat in a 2 v 1 against me LOL.

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 07:55 PM
are u running ur enemy on 100% fuel? If not they will head home pretty soon

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't call you a bad pilot if you managed to shoot down a La7 on ace mode. As far as the enemy heading home prematurely, it could be a few things.

a, he ran out of ammo
b. was damaged in someway unbeknownst to you
c. as stated already in this thread, was low on fuel
d, La7 pilot was radioed from base and told that the vodka was running low /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Leben Sie heute, für morgen zu k¤mpfen

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Think about baseball.

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.
(If I knew who said that first, I'd give credit here.)

HL callsign: FruitPieJones, and why not?

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 10:40 PM
AAAHHHH ,i got the settings wrong,i filled his fuel tank with vodka and his vodka bottle with aviation fuel LOL,cheers Trumper

XyZspineZyX
10-31-2003, 03:23 AM
They run out of ammo....mostly cos they waste it against softly turning aircraft right in front of them.

Here's the rub. Alot of times when the Leader of a four element AI flight runs out of ammo, all three others follow him away from the battle.

You may wish to learn FMB to set up *very* easy to make QMB style romps with flights of only two aircraft....this doubles the number of AI Leaders.

Also in FMB the number of AI aircraft is much higher, and depends on how many aircraft start dogfighting and shooting at each other at one time. I have had over 104 aircraft flying at once with no framerate hit except after mission load, although Red and Blue were too far away to engage in any combat. You know, my previous whining about AI numbers was wrong.

Later I can post you a quick easy one, one each of every major type of Germna/VVS aircraft. You pick and choose what to fly. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif