PDA

View Full Version : landing the Lerche - end up at 800metres?

giddygoat1972
12-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I've read the various commentary and threads on how to land Lerchybabes.

I come in low, at 260 to 350 km with the airbrake thingey engaged and flare to allow the auto-thingey to stabilise the aircraft.

But no matter how many throttle settings, approach speeds etc, I always end up racing up like a Polaris missile, sometimes to 800metres!

I can successfully land from this altitude, but I end up landing in a completely different country due to drift etc.

No matter what I do I need to give it a lot of throttle to prevent it stalling as the nose goes up 15 degrees prior to the auto-thingey grabbing the aircraft.

How high should the Lerche be allowed to go when you flare up and begin descent?

I seem to be missing something.

Thanks,

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
do I need to give it a lot of throttle to prevent it stalling as the nose goes up 15 degrees prior to the auto-thingey grabbing the aircraft.

How high should the Lerche be allowed to go when you flare up and begin descent?

I seem to be missing something.

Yes well, official flight reports indicate that... uhmm.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif I forgot, this plane was never even build. The readme doesn't really give any clue on how to land this thing on the exact spot you want. Not does it have a training track to show. I guess we must all find it out on our own. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Only 800 meters is pretty impressive. On my first try, I got to 2000 or something.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured
to you again.

http://www.f19vs.se/fokker_now.jpg

NSAdonis85
12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Well, she's a bi*ch to get vertical and stay low. I might do a track in the following days to show it, I think I got it pinned down.

In short, my way:

I come in @230-240 km/h, 50m's height, engage the stabilizer, pull up (paying extra, and I mean extra attention to yaw as least as possible), and decrease throttle to around 30-35% (kinda the lower deadzone for the stabilizer to be able to function properly without being clumsy).

Now's the tricky part, since it depends on load out, remained fuel, etc.:
Find out on which throttle she can hover, then descent to about 80m's, simultaneously using the controls (REALLY gently) to maneuver yourself to position.

Then start for the 20-30m height, maneuvering as necessary.

Now, the final part I strongly advise to do in the cockpit's shift+f1 view:

Don't take your eyes off the variometer. Make sure your descent is above -5m's, and put her down gently applying 10-15% plus throttle to your current one for a split second, just before she touches the ground.

Hope it's helpful.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
"Tracers work both ways!"
"Incoming fire has the right of way."
"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid."
"The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack."
"Five second fuses always burn three seconds."
"The easy way is always mined."
"If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone."
"If the enemy is within range, so are you."
>>Murphy