PDA

View Full Version : System hangs up after quitting 1946

jldjs
04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Run downloaded 1946 on XP Pro. I play offline campaigns, usually DGEN'd, and after quitting the game I can't start other applications like Firefox, Outlook Express, etc. I click the desktop icons for these apps and get no start ups. Task manager shows PC is idling. After a reboot all is normal again. Anyone else have this symptom? Anyone know what might be happening?

jldjs
04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Run downloaded 1946 on XP Pro. I play offline campaigns, usually DGEN'd, and after quitting the game I can't start other applications like Firefox, Outlook Express, etc. I click the desktop icons for these apps and get no start ups. Task manager shows PC is idling. After a reboot all is normal again. Anyone else have this symptom? Anyone know what might be happening?

Swivet
04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Hmmm try the community help section....That's never happened to me.
But you might wanna post your system hardware specs and a list of what programs are running while your playing IL2.

jldjs
04-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Okay I posted over on Community and added some more info. I've been running 1946 since January and always in the same system background except for updates from Windows and the AV, ZoneAlarm and AdAware.