PDA

View Full Version : Can Ezio see Desmond at the end of AC:R? (SPOILER)

xsatanicjokerx
12-06-2011, 10:31 PM
At the end of AC:R Ezio talks to Desmond without knowing how he can hear him. But after hes finished Desmond appears infront of him and they embrace.

So. Can Ezio see Desmond at this moment?

LordWolv
12-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Who knows?

jmk1999
12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
i'm gonna say unlikely. i think it was more symbolism than anything. it's basically just the idea that ezio acknowledged the fact that he was a gateway and messenger for another person's destiny. also, whether he even knew desmond was his descendent or not is hard to say. i think he figured that if there were unexplainable phenomena beyond his knowledge (like the apple or those who came before) then the fact his existence being merely a message to someone else wasn't that far fetched either. in other words, he took a chance. the fact that desmond saw him talking to "desmond" just confirmed the fact... you know, rather than making him look crazy by talking to his imaginary friend "desmond." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I've wondered this myself and I'm even more curious because of how he touched the hologram that showed up at the end and then said "listen" as if he knew Desmond would then hear the words of that TWCB guy and as if he was talking to the hologram so I'm pretty curious as to whether or not he actually saw Desmond or understands who Desmond is.

twenty_glyphs
12-07-2011, 07:49 AM
The strategy guide story summary says that Ezio reaches out to put his hand on Desmond's shoulder even though he can't see him. I wouldn't take that as official though, since they could have just come to that conclusion after watching the ending themselves.

EscoBlades
12-07-2011, 08:02 AM
The encyclopedia is pretty clear about what happened at that moment:

"Ezio then looked up, addressing Desmond----who was experiencing these memories through the Animus..........when he finished ridding himself of all his gear, Ezio held out his arms and asked Desmond to embrace him. Suddenly, Desmond was there too, standing beside his ancestor. They embraced......"

RzaRecta357
12-07-2011, 08:20 AM
He specifically touches Desmonds shoulder in a hey we've been friends forever type way like they're family and important together or something.

I loved that scene.

SleezeRocker
12-07-2011, 08:49 AM
I too have thought of this!

I beat ACR again yesterday and even my cousin tells me "Wait whoah whoah what!? So does Ezio "see" Desmond or vice Versa? It looks as if they know they're there?"

@Rza LOL "Salute my great great great great (on and on for maybe 3 minutes) great grandson! Was happenin?! You gotz to save the world in your time...peace out loser!" *plays tinia message*

lol

kriegerdesgottes
12-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
He specifically touches Desmonds shoulder in a hey we've been friends forever type way like they're family and important together or something.

I loved that scene.

Yea I liked it a lot too. Also he does say something about sharing their stories across centuries implying that he understands Desmond comes from a different time or maybe he's referring to seeing Altair's memories but either way he's talking to Desmond. That's probably my favorite part in Revelations.

AnthonyA85
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Ezio looked DIRECTLY at Desmond just before he put his hand on Desmond's shoulder, the same way Minerva looked DIRECTLY at him, past Ezio, at the end of AC2.

Plus, the Apple manifested a construct of Desmond right in front of Ezio, exactly where he would have been standing had he been in the room for real.

And I also think, that Ezio, in those last few minutes, figured out exactly what Desmond was to him, IE, his decendant, but i could be wrong there.

itsamea-mario
12-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Well I think he does.

1. We can see Desmond, we're reliving a memory, we're seeing what ezio sees, therefore ezio sees Desmond.

2. He puts his hand out, how would he know where desmonds shoulders would be?
Imagine that scene without Desmond stood there.

3. I like it, it's nice to think he can see him. And it makes possibly one of the most epic endings ever!

LieutenantJojo
12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I think he does see Desmond, yes. I only don't really get why he said "Now, listen"... Did Ezio know that TWCB were going to talk to Desmond?

LightRey
12-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
The encyclopedia is pretty clear about what happened at that moment:

"Ezio then looked up, addressing Desmond----who was experiencing these memories through the Animus..........when he finished ridding himself of all his gear, Ezio held out his arms and asked Desmond to embrace him. Suddenly, Desmond was there too, standing beside his ancestor. They embraced......"
This.

goclo822
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I think that it is possible that Ezio could see Desmond. Maybe the apple and/or TWCB opened his eyes to see Desmond for that moment. Maybe even TWCB spoke through Ezio. Not that they took over his body but that they gave him the message to convey right there. Remember at the end of AC2 when TWCB were talking to Ezio and Desmond, they told them to listen just as Ezio told Desmond to. I think him seeing Desmond and telling him to listen was meant to symbolize that TWCB were speaking through Ezio or that the words Ezio spoke came directly from TWCB.

xxtonypunk96xx
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
I think when the apple was lighting up and light up the room around him the apple kinda gave him information since Ezio said listin and then he went to the nexus. also anyone else thinks ezio and altair lived really sad lives i mean altair lived a really sad life the fact he lived as an assassin until he died at 92 but when you think about it they were nothing but a message its like being a mailman and putting a letter in a mailbox and never finding out why?, why me, why did I have to go through this pain to deliver only a message? at least I see that way

rileypoole1234
12-07-2011, 08:54 PM
The Encyclopedia clearly says he can see Desmond.

LightRey
12-08-2011, 03:30 AM
I don't get how there can be a post that directly contradicts a point that was proven to be true in the very post before.

dewgel
12-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I don't get how there can be a post that directly contradicts a point that was proven to be true in the very post before.

I don't get you. But that's a totally different kettle of fish, for another day.

LightRey
12-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I don't get you. But that's a totally different kettle of fish, for another day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif