PDA

View Full Version : General Information

trap46
11-14-2004, 10:28 AM
When I bought Pacific Fighters and found a BB, that I thought would be for Pacific Fighters, I found this site, that is in fact dedicated to other Simulations designed by Oleg.
There is now 13 posts that are sticky..Many of them that have little bearing on how to install and flying of Pacific Fighters.
Why not one sicky for Patchs, another for MP and leave it at that?
Two simmers have made additions to rules of conduct, are we going to be offended by such things as Limmy's, rednecks, hosser's, or maybe yanks..But J*p has be banned by the monitors of this board.
What do first time users of Pacific Fighters want?
This is what I want: What are weapons packs? Which is better: DirectX or Open GL and why?
In other words, I want to know about Pacific Fighters and not about IL2, FB, as far as I can see UBI provided this space to deal with PF and IL2 has taken it over as an extension of there board.

trap46
11-14-2004, 10:28 AM
When I bought Pacific Fighters and found a BB, that I thought would be for Pacific Fighters, I found this site, that is in fact dedicated to other Simulations designed by Oleg.
There is now 13 posts that are sticky..Many of them that have little bearing on how to install and flying of Pacific Fighters.
Why not one sicky for Patchs, another for MP and leave it at that?
Two simmers have made additions to rules of conduct, are we going to be offended by such things as Limmy's, rednecks, hosser's, or maybe yanks..But J*p has be banned by the monitors of this board.
What do first time users of Pacific Fighters want?
This is what I want: What are weapons packs? Which is better: DirectX or Open GL and why?
In other words, I want to know about Pacific Fighters and not about IL2, FB, as far as I can see UBI provided this space to deal with PF and IL2 has taken it over as an extension of there board.

georgeo76
11-14-2004, 10:56 AM
We don't use the term "Jap" because some ppl find it offensive. If your looking for an abbreviation, try Ja. It's one letter shorter and won't cause you any grief.

Pacific fighters doesn't have a patch yet, look for it next week.

The game is optimized for OpenGL, so it's usually best. You can't use the highest graphic settings on DirectX. Some ppl like DirectX better, it depends on the system, but most will get better performance from OGL.

Il2 is one big community and there is even talk of merging the pacific fighters forum w/ the GD forum. If your not interested in Forgotten Battles or Ace expansion pack, fine...your loss.

trap46
11-14-2004, 12:54 PM
One question was addressed: OGL or DirectX
This site is paided for by UBI and is not a private site such as Sims Out House.
The title is ubi.com ic:maddox games pacific fighters general information
Is this a forum that I can get general information about pacific fighters or do I have to filter through all of the IL2 stuff.
To quote "IL2 is one big community and there is even talk of merging the pacific fighters forum w/ the GD forum. If you are not interested in Forgotten Battles or Ace expansion pack, fine...your loss." It is not my loss, it is your loss. Pacific Fighters will go the way of CFS3, no company support.. No company support, you loss this site.
The day you combine the I:2 and PF, you loss a lot of people that paided for a simulator.
Once again: What are weapons packs and how are they used?

heywooood
11-14-2004, 01:16 PM
trap46 - don't quit on this sim or this board.

The information you need is found here on this board. You just have to be patient or you can use the search function. It would be nice if the thread titles were clearer and if things were sorted by some kind of catagorie but that is not the case...

As far as weapons packs go... what is the question?...you can load out any airplane with its own respective armament options as they are depicted in the 'options' screen after you select an airplane to fly.