PDA

View Full Version : How to change name in Multiplayer?

Osama.Bn.Laden
06-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I need to change my username, WHY the hell didn't ubisoft say something about this, about the username is also the name of your character in multiplayer? I feel so stupid playing multiplayer with my current username, this is not right. usernames are suppose to be hidden from public, why is this out in the open?!

Vey03
06-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Hi. Because it's all linked somehow, for some reason. Goodness (and Ubi) only knows why.
I agree it's silly, and we should have been told beforehand.
I don't want mine linked either, but i can't do anything about that now.

Mr_Shade
06-19-2011, 09:24 AM
The multiplayer name used - is the Uplay account name you used to register the game.

You can't alter this name, due to it being interlinked with stats and game account info.

Your username, being public should not worry you about being a 'risk' - as long as you do not tell anyone else any of your personal info ingame - same as Xbox live gamertags or PSN ID's they are very secure, as long as you do not give out any info in game to 3rd parties - social engineering is something everyone should be careful of these days.

If you have concerns or worriess about this, you can contact Ubisoft Support who will be able to explain it further http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cbapiaz
06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Well the same happened to me when i found out i couldn't change my gameplay name... i raged.. i finally got frustated and get used to my current name.. whatever.... only ubisoft know why we can't change your ingame display name. It's ****ing silly cuz is only a display name... the account is linked but the name is only for gameplay!!!! that's really stupid of ubisoft to don't allow change in your "gameplay name"... anyway... *sigh* move on XD

vincentbhg
07-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm ****ed.