PDA

View Full Version : New View Module Request for 4.08......

LEBillfish
12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
A continuation from the "Disable F6" thread, I'd like to request Maddox Games consider two new "View Modules" to compliment those existing. Currently, we have the following which generate the following results:

Since padlock (F4/Sh+F4,F5/Sh+F5), Internal cockpit pilot position F1/Sh+F1 are seperate controls, this is what is requested....

If X=Is on and Y=is off.

Current No Externals & Cockpit On:
(No External View Switch=X, Cockpit Always On=X)
F2=Y
F3=Y
F6=Y
F7=Y

Current Externals Allowed & Cockpit On:
(No External View Switch=Y, Cockpit Always On=X)
F2=X
F3=X
F6=X
F7=X

Current No Externals & Cockpit Off:
(No External View Switch=X, Cockpit Always On=Y)
F2=Y
F3=Y
F6=Y
F7=Y

Current Externals Allowed & Cockpit Off:
(No External View Switch=Y, Cockpit Always On=Y)
F2=X
F3=X
F6=X
F7=X

NEW REQUESTED MODULES:
(Possibly named "Limited Externals" and overrides the "No External View Switch=X OR Y" above)

New/Added Externals Allowed & Cockpit On:
F2=X
F3=X
F6=Y
F7=Y

New/Added Externals Allowed & Cockpit Off:
F2=X
F3=X
F6=Y
F7=Y

The requested two modules would eliminate the use of F6, F7 views as is sought by so many within the sim. This simple addition would dramatically change online play no doubt resulting in being one of the more used "difficulty set-up" conditions.

Thanks for any consideration you can give.

K2/Kelly K.

LEBillfish
12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
A continuation from the "Disable F6" thread, I'd like to request Maddox Games consider two new "View Modules" to compliment those existing. Currently, we have the following which generate the following results:

Since padlock (F4/Sh+F4,F5/Sh+F5), Internal cockpit pilot position F1/Sh+F1 are seperate controls, this is what is requested....

If X=Is on and Y=is off.

Current No Externals & Cockpit On:
(No External View Switch=X, Cockpit Always On=X)
F2=Y
F3=Y
F6=Y
F7=Y

Current Externals Allowed & Cockpit On:
F2=X
F3=X
F6=X
F7=X

Current No Externals & Cockpit Off:
(No External View Switch=X, Cockpit Always On=Y)
F2=Y
F3=Y
F6=Y
F7=Y

Current Externals Allowed & Cockpit Off:
F2=X
F3=X
F6=X
F7=X

NEW REQUESTED MODULES:
(Possibly named "Limited Externals" and overrides the "No External View Switch=X OR Y" above)

New/Added Externals Allowed & Cockpit On:
F2=X
F3=X
F6=Y
F7=Y

New/Added Externals Allowed & Cockpit Off:
F2=X
F3=X
F6=Y
F7=Y

The requested two modules would eliminate the use of F6, F7 views as is sought by so many within the sim. This simple addition would dramatically change online play no doubt resulting in being one of the more used "difficulty set-up" conditions.

Thanks for any consideration you can give.

K2/Kelly K.

LEBillfish
01-03-2007, 09:41 AM
last bump then letting it die.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">"Does this make my Hien look big?"
"I love my Ha-40's"
"She loves teh Swallow"
"Don't call me cho-cho san"
</span>

LEBillfish
02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I lied http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

96th_Nightshifter
02-24-2007, 08:31 PM
*Bump to a worthy request

LEBillfish
06-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Lead post altered to make this even easier....Additionally I realized though F2/Shift+F2 are abused, without them would require an entirely "new" external key/code which is not the point of this to generate a lot of work yet very little.........

The point being, to find the simplest method possible of eliminating the F6 & F7 keys from use (ability to cycle through "enemy" aircraft or ground targets with an external view from your plane)........I'm even "excluding" the Shift+F6 & Shift+F7 function (cycle through friendly aircraft and ground externally from your plane) from the request as well as they have little consequence in play.

Though very possibly incorrect, I envission the work required being the following:

1. Generate a new second page difficulty screen which adds a switch called "Limited Externals".
2. Copy the module which allows "external views", and eliminate the F6 & F7 code from it.
3. Bind the new "Limited Externals" switch to that module.

Naturally it could never be that easy, yet one can hope. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

BBB_Hyperion
06-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I am all for it Billfish. But lets try a new strategy .

I don't think they can do this. Even the il2 team would not be able to implement such a complex and well thought out idea.It is so damn hard to code and no one in the world can do it right years of preparations and the research for the topic . Impossible even for the Maddox Team http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Philipscdrw
06-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I like this idea but I wonder how complex it is to make these changes. It must affect the module that controls the external views in the game engine, the module that tracks difficulty settings, the UI for the difficulty settings, and the module that applies and enforces the difficulty settings online. Surely it's easier to turn off externals and use an .ntrk afterwards?

OK, that doesn't work so well for co-ops, when you'd want to watch your comrades after you've been shot down...

Korolov1986
06-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Just make it so we can lock you in the pit until you're shot down or on the ground w/ engine off. And make sure and disable AI check six radar so we don't have to deal with the same BS from the AI, too.

LEBillfish
06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Korolov1986:
Just make it so we can lock you in the pit until you're shot down or on the ground w/ engine off. And make sure and disable AI check six radar so we don't have to deal with the same BS from the AI, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that's much more work truley developing something new I'd think......More so, the one huge flaw with a locked pit is absolute unawareness of that you would know before hand....Ex. Your base, some it's just point blank hard to figure out starting off in some obscure corner let alone seeing hazards that you would be alerted to.

As to AI, if they have such radar it doesn't work very well, can't tell you the number of times I sit right behind them and they don't even twitch.

LEBillfish
07-28-2007, 02:24 AM
kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6 kill f6

96th_Nightshifter
08-01-2007, 08:00 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif