PDA

View Full Version : Birds of Pray/ Storm of War???

jeffmorgan_947
06-17-2009, 11:06 PM
I have just been watching a very good preview of "Sturmovik Birds of prey" could someone tell me what this is? a stand alone game, an add on for FB, or does it have something to do with "Storm of War" as theres an awful lot of English county side down there??...Cheers

ps. if Birds of prey is a seperate thing, is there a release date.

JtD
06-18-2009, 12:20 AM
It is Il-2 for console (Xbox?) and as such a stand alone.

jeffmorgan_947
06-18-2009, 01:25 AM
OK, thanks for that

Tully__
06-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by JtD:
It is Il-2 for console (Xbox?) and as such a stand alone.
I think IL2 Birds of Prey is intended for Playstation 3 as well. Not for PC though. It's based on the IL2 game engine as I understand it, but from different developers.

danjama
06-18-2009, 10:04 AM
ZOMg (http://www.il2game.com/)

Chivas
06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Il-2 BOP built its own game engine, but used the Flight Model code from Olegs IL-2 engine.

jengizbengiz
06-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Pardon me!

Did you ever heard of the ingenious invention of "google"!?

That might solve certain mysteries!!!

This is pathetic! How old are You actually?
9 years?

Try to think more mature, please!

Regards

Jengiz

Have a nice slumber!

-HH-Quazi
06-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by jengizbengiz:
Pardon me!

9 years?

Regards

Jengiz

Have a nice slumber! What is your problem in coming off in that matter?

buddye1
06-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Pardon me!

9 years?

Regards

Jengiz

Have a nice slumber!

How can you post something like this for one of our newer forum members who was just asking asking some questions.

We need to support each other and not run people down.

Our community is better than this, I thought.

jengizbengiz
06-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by buddye1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jengizbengiz:
Pardon me!

9 years?

Regards

Jengiz

Have a nice slumber!

How can you post something like this for one of our new forum members asking a question.

Our community is better than this, I thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pardon me again,

I was actually sarcastic!

But on the other side I was only saying: google.

A very good online fact-finding machine! Isn't it? Let's debate?

Regards,

Jengiz

jengizbengiz
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by buddye1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jengizbengiz:
Pardon me!

9 years?

Regards

Jengiz

Have a nice slumber!

How can you post something like this for one of our new forum members asking a question.

Our community is better than this, I thought. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pardon me again,

I was actually sarcastic!

But on the other side I was only saying: google.

A very good online fact-finding machine! Isn't it? Let's debate?

Regards,

Jengiz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"J' accuse!"

(By the way: another Mystery being solved by magical "google"!) Witchraft!!!

I'm waiting for lame answers!!!

Cheers!

Jengiz

danjama
06-18-2009, 06:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

DKoor
06-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by danjama:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif +1

Bearcat99
06-18-2009, 06:55 PM
I dont know where you are going with this... jengizbengiz.. but you really need to just.... chill out.. you arent funny and the community members that you are addressing are long standing members. Consider that you have been spoken to by two mods in here.. and relax... enjoy yourself.. but don't antagonize forum members.. or you will be removed. Consider this your last warning.

BillSwagger
06-18-2009, 07:00 PM
sarcastic or not, words on a page don't imply tone, so its very confusing to the average reader.

Pluss a quick google search often brings up a huge volume of info that would need to be sifted through, where asking a quick question on this forum usually gets you an answer in decent time.

anyway, i can appreciate sarcasm when its easier to detect.

salud...

jeffmorgan_947
06-18-2009, 09:14 PM
When I ask questions on this forum,I reley on the vast knowledge of my fellow members and only as a last resort do I use Google,I have posted over the years many pieces of information which i feel is worth sharing with all.
Is this what being part of this fraternity is all about.

" Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour"

jengizbengiz
06-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I dont know where you are going with this... jengizbengiz.. but you really need to just.... chill out.. you arent funny and the community members that you are addressing are long standing members. Consider that you have been spoken to by two mods in here.. and relax... enjoy yourself.. but don't antagonize forum members.. or you will be removed. Consider this your last warning.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I'm perplex!

I only was refering that you can enter for example "IL-2 bird of prey" as a search criterion in google and find tons and tons of material in respect of your query.
I didn't state this advice directly because I thought it was obvious what I ment with my sarcastic statement! Obviously, people didn't understand what I ment with my statement!
In my view, I didn't offend anybody directly: I only gave th simple advice to use google for a search of a very simple query!!!
Now I am threatened of being kicked out of the forum only because I adviced somebody to use google? Are you serious!

Regards,

Jengiz

Scolar
06-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Look back at what you first posted where you insulted a member.
Whether you attempted to be sarcastic or not, calling someone immature will always come out the wrong way online - especially when crossing language barriers.

Uufflakke
06-19-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm perplex!

I only was refering that you can enter for example "IL-2 bird of prey" as a search criterion in google and find tons and tons of material in respect of your query.

And that's exactly the reason why jeffmorgan_947 asks it here. So that he doesn't have to browse through all those Google pages with hundreds or thousands of hits about Birds of Prey.
Asking here can give you the answer in a couple of minutes so you don't have to go through several websites to get the info you need.

And to get back to Jeff's other question: the release date is still unknown. I've seen September and December as a release date but it's all speculation..

Tully__
06-19-2009, 07:18 AM

I'm perplex!

I didn't state this advice directly because I thought it was obvious what I ment with my sarcastic statement! Obviously, people didn't understand what I ment with my statement!
In my view, I didn't offend anybody directly: I only gave th simple advice to use google for a search of a very simple query!!!
Now I am threatened of being kicked out of the forum only because I adviced somebody to use google? Are you serious!

Regards,

Jengiz

Enough discussion. It was badly worded and ill-advised, don't do it again.
In any event it is generally bad form to respond to a legitimate question with a suggestion to use google. If the suggestion needs to be made one of the moderators will do it, it's not your place to do.

I don't want to see any more posts about this by you or anyone else.

mortoma
06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
WTF?!? I could use google a lot more too but I find it no big deal to come in here and ask a question. Just as easy and can get a good conversation going. Anything wrong with that?