PDA

View Full Version : Time-Skip Question

e2michaelb
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I find the "time skip" function to be handy when flying those long over-water Pacific Theater campaign missions. However, it seems that when I engage it, the plane is just as likely to fly off in the opposite direction rather than maintain a course towards the next mission waypoint. What am I possibly doing wrong? It is really frustrating to punch it up, the screen goes black, the timer starts counting, and when I return to normal, I am anywhere but where I want to be, namely, on course.

e2michaelb
04-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I find the "time skip" function to be handy when flying those long over-water Pacific Theater campaign missions. However, it seems that when I engage it, the plane is just as likely to fly off in the opposite direction rather than maintain a course towards the next mission waypoint. What am I possibly doing wrong? It is really frustrating to punch it up, the screen goes black, the timer starts counting, and when I return to normal, I am anywhere but where I want to be, namely, on course.

Saunders1953
04-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Have you noticed it happening when Autopilot is engaged before you go into Time Skip? I've noticed my plane wandering every so often while in T/S, and although I've never bothered to test it to make certain that was the problem, I just make sure I have A/P on before I hit T/S and it always seems to work fine.

e2michaelb
04-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the tip. I hardly ever use autopilot unless I want to skip around from positon-to-position in a multi-crew aeroplane (such as an A20, B25, etc.) When I do, I still have to spend a lot of time either making small course corrections or doing a lot of trimming before it will stay on course.However, I will check it out before engaging Time Skip.

VW-IceFire
04-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Time-Skip engages the autopilot if I remember correctly. The trick I find is to engage teh autopilot, make sure its locked on course (sometimes it behaves oddly, especially near waypoints), and then hit the timeskip.