PDA

View Full Version : Barehand counter-attacks?

Oronra1989
06-04-2008, 02:36 AM
I know Altair's not the best martial artist when it comes to using his barehands, but I was wondering whether after you've killed Tamir and gained the 'counter-kill' can he counter-attack with his fists?

Interrogating someone's pretty easy as it is, but if when I accidently start a fight with thugs or something, being able to counter with his fists would be so useful.
I could use it to knockout not kill guardsman too, I always feel a bit harsh for having to kill them, as they're not my target.

Oronra1989
06-04-2008, 02:36 AM
I know Altair's not the best martial artist when it comes to using his barehands, but I was wondering whether after you've killed Tamir and gained the 'counter-kill' can he counter-attack with his fists?

Interrogating someone's pretty easy as it is, but if when I accidently start a fight with thugs or something, being able to counter with his fists would be so useful.
I could use it to knockout not kill guardsman too, I always feel a bit harsh for having to kill them, as they're not my target.

GreyFlame
06-04-2008, 02:42 AM
No, you can't counter with your bare hands. You can only block, sadly...

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-04-2008, 02:44 AM
No, he can't counter with his fists, only block and give the strong punch and fast punch. I agree, though, for someone as talented as he is with a sword, he's not exactly a hotshot when it comes down to fist versus fist.

Knocking out guards, however, is pointless. If you feel morally guilty about killing all those people, well, you could just run away from them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Oronra1989
06-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Not when the only way through is through one, to me an Assassin should only take the life of the one he's paid or sent to kill.
I think it's odd that he can break grabs but can't do something like wind or knock someone out quickly.

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Well when you counter their strong attacks, you just wind/daze them, and if you don't break their leg or send your sword flaming clear through them, they just fall over for a few seconds.

So far I can't think of a single part of the game where it's not possible to get through without killing anyone. Believe me, you can just run away.

altairego
06-04-2008, 04:41 AM
yea, it would have been fun just to turn around and put a fist into a thug who's attacking yu from behind

Tiberius135
06-04-2008, 04:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Well when you counter their strong attacks, you just wind/daze them, and if you don't break their leg or send your sword flaming clear through them, they just fall over for a few seconds.

So far I can't think of a single part of the game where it's not possible to get through without killing anyone. Believe me, you can just run away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assassination missions.

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-04-2008, 05:28 AM
Well except for Talal and Robert, you can assassinate every target and just ignore the other enemies, defending against their attacks but not countering or being offensive.

After the assassination, just run away and find a haystack.

jcchan
06-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I think it's impossible to give the guards a one-shot kill with his fist http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif