PDA

View Full Version : KI-43 is too UBER !!!!



RedDeth
10-25-2004, 02:25 PM
its burn rate is way too high. it burns way better than any other plane.... definitely overmodelled!!! how are the americans to compete with that !

PBNA-Boosher
10-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the real world RedDeth. In fact, it's not uber enough. The secondary fire button should release the combat flaps and letting up on the button should retract the flaps. THis will increase the turn rate greatly, furthermore, the plane's flaps were designed not to burn off energy to quickly when deployed in a combat position. So the turn rate can be halved, or more, just by adding combat flaps.

Even Maj. Bong, the highest scoring American ace of the war said, "The only way to kill a Ki-43 is if the pilot ain't lookin."

YOu do have some things on your side though:

Speed
armament
durability

Use them to your advantage.

flockzap
10-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Found this

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~pettypi/elevon/baugher_other/ki43.html

Flock

Jagdgeschwader2
10-25-2004, 03:59 PM
This might interest you guys.

Ki-43's to fly again:
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/articles/oscar/

http://home.earthlink.net/~jagdgeschwader26/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jagdgeschwader2s.jpg

BlakJakOfSpades
10-25-2004, 04:16 PM
what kind of lure are you using?

BuzzU
10-25-2004, 04:21 PM
I like the burn. It last long enough for a whole bag of marshmallows

p1ngu666
10-25-2004, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
Welcome to the real world RedDeth. In fact, it's not uber enough. The secondary fire button should release the combat flaps and letting up on the button should retract the flaps. THis will increase the turn rate greatly, furthermore, the plane's flaps were designed not to burn off energy to quickly when deployed in a combat position. So the turn rate can be halved, or more, just by adding combat flaps.

Even Maj. Bong, the highest scoring American ace of the war said, "The only way to kill a Ki-43 is if the pilot ain't lookin."

YOu do have some things on your side though:

Speed
armament
durability

Use them to your advantage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be WELL handy tbh

LEXX_Luthor
10-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't like your Corsair, I always think you are Tully. Go back to P~51

WUAF_Badsight
10-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Buzz without a P-51 makes me suspicious

has anyone checked wether this is the real Buzz ?

Ivan ?

p1ngu666
10-25-2004, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
I don't like your Corsair, I always think you are Tully. Go back to P~51 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

speaking of which, i need a new sig, suggestions for aircraft?

chris455
10-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Buzz was a P-39 man, before AEP weren't ya Buzz?

On the Ki43:
Perry Dahl, USVAAF pilot:"That thing was so maneuverable, it could send you home talking to yourself"

_VR_ScorpionWorm
10-26-2004, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedDeth:
its burn rate is way too high. it burns way better than any other plane.... definitely overmodelled!!! how are the americans to compete with that ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif Never ends does it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

RedDeth
10-26-2004, 12:47 AM
burn rate...........I.E. it catches fire real easy.
and burns like a match. its funny to watch.

it may have a good turn rate too i never noticed while diving in on it at 800 with 2000 rds of 50cal one bullet catches it on fire.

TooCooL34
10-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Buzz, cut the bottom white line of that Corsair picture. It looks like a cheap one.

IL2-chuter
10-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Oscar website didn't mention groundloop that tore off gear during high speed taxi tests . . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif