PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Oleg

edgflyer
05-26-2005, 06:04 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well sir and that everything is falling back into place.

One question about the patch sir and maybe this has already been answered. With the new flight models, will we have to beef up our computers to better run the sim. Like I said, maybe this has already answered and I missed it.

edgflyer
05-26-2005, 06:04 AM
Glad to hear you are doing well sir and that everything is falling back into place.

One question about the patch sir and maybe this has already been answered. With the new flight models, will we have to beef up our computers to better run the sim. Like I said, maybe this has already answered and I missed it.

MEGILE
05-26-2005, 06:12 AM
I don't have the quotes on hand, but I believe it was said that the new FM would be more CPU intensive, especialy with the AI using the same Flight Model as us.
However I have a hunch, that the game will still run fine on my old AMD Athlon 1.4, 512 RAM, and Geforce Ti4400.

bolillo_loco
05-26-2005, 06:55 AM
I have an older computer that will run this game. the trend in patches has been such that each patch degrades the playability of my older system. I only noticed it after a recent reformat. installed fb and played the game......it ran really nice, far better than the patched version of fb, aep, and pf. I then put aep on it, noticed a slight drop in frame rates, then pf and again noticed a slight drop in frame rates. I then patched the game and noticed another drop in frame rates. the combo of expansion cds and patches significantly affected the ability of my old PIII to run the game........its still playable, but for how much longer I wonder......the biggest draw back of my old p/c are game pauses due to spawning players.

PIII 1.4 tualatin core @ 1.69Ghz, 121 fsb, 1.5 gb pc 133 ram, Fx 5200 ultra.