PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Kill

LtBen
03-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Post yours.

Mine was on the patrol I'm on now. I made one last sweep outside Scapa when I picked up a lone C3. The weather was mildly choppy, so I couldn't use my deck guns(I see why, the C3's deck gun couldn't get a shot within 200m of me). I fired a couple of eels. One missed, one bounced off. I surfaced and quickly fired another eel, but the C3 started zigzagging, so it went wide.

I'm down to my last Forward Eel when I close in at about 800m. I fired one into it's stern, it bounced off the rudder, and jets right up into the cargo hold. I never knew that C3s carried nukes.

wolfh2o
03-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Picked off a merchant at 3400m with a single torp in slightly choppy seas. 100% realism.

Horvald
03-24-2005, 08:37 PM
I had a pesky merchant dualing it out with me. He dealt some serious damage to me, so I ordered my gun crew to aim for their gun. when they finally blew the gun up you could see the crew fly in the air, that was satisfying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif. once more some great detail in the game.

Maj_Death
03-24-2005, 08:55 PM
My best one was when I took out one of those pesky Elco torpedo boats with my flak cannon. That was very satisfying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.

quillan
03-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Had been ordered to patrol up in the area between England and Ireland. Sneaked in during the night, and was trying to remain there for 24 hours, when I bumped into a C class destroyer on patrol. Hadn't been spotted, so went to periscope depth. Decided to try a single torpedo shot, since I could not get ahead of him, as he went by. 5000 meter shot from a 90 degree AOB, clipped him at the rear and sunk him.

DEFkon2005
03-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Decided to finnally get around to using that "manual TDC" option. First boat i find was a lone helpless merchant off the coast of Bergen (june 1940). I sit down, work and re-work my notepad and check my figures.. i finnaly launch the torpedo, and i'm watching it close the distance (was a 700m shot) OOOhhh it's gonna connect.. the anixety.. ooh.. tick tick tick tick.. then all of a sudden a blue triangle shows up on the TDC followed by the roar of a roar of a fighter.. I jump to the periscope just in time to see a german plane drop it's bomblets.. BOOM. -- YOU SON OF BI*** you stole my first manual target kill! i blow ballast, man the flack and fire at him to show my apreciation, He got away unscathed.. Furious and frustraited i check my log book. I got credit for the kill my torpedo must've hit a 10th of second before his bombs hit. WWEEEEEEEE!. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wolfh2o
03-24-2005, 09:30 PM
lol DEFkon2005. That's what you get for radioing your contacts. Or did he just come out of nowhere? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

DEFkon2005
03-24-2005, 09:36 PM
came out of nowhere, scared the **** out of me. I was livid. I was mumbling stuff like "**** airforce, I've radioed in a million contacts before and they never show up.. the one time i just want to be alone and practice something new....

mlody111
03-25-2005, 12:31 AM
I think my best shot was when I attacked a convoy in the am grid in extremely heavy seas and fog. The contact couldn't be made further then about 400m. So while in the convoy I shot torpedoes randomly nailing a few, once of which was a T3 tanker. The darn thing didnt break up and I wasnt going to let him get away. I waited to reload my torpedo when all of a sudden here comes a destroyer and corvette. I was forced to crash dive and start running. Meanwhile the stern torp reloaded and I managed to open the stern tube before I got too deep and guessed where the tanker could have been and fired. About 30-45 seconds later, in the middle of all the deapth charges I heard torpedo impact! Woot! Took him right to the bottom.

VicemanFIN
03-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Well, i was avoiding depth charges for may hours. Once a again destroyer approaches for attack run. I decreased depth to about 30 meters, went to hydrophone myselft. changed course so destroyed came from 180 (directly behind.

Waited so long that it dropped charges, and noticed he was turning left, i ordered to full right turn and periscope depth. After 12 meters i went to attack periscope and 'viola' destroyer was again on 180. I used weapons officer to designate target, fired a torpedo.

It was a success, im living proof of that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Pappy55
03-25-2005, 04:38 AM
I would have to say my last kill. A great stern shot on a lone Destroyer dived got into position and waited when it was about 200degrees..FIRE! hit it near it's Aft it carried in for a minuite apeaed un damadged then suddenly one of the guns exploaded sending crew flying through the air then sunk Aft 1st.

Philipscdrw
03-25-2005, 04:45 AM
In all my 6 patrols, the time I shot down a trawler with the 20mm cannon of a IIa was the most interesting kill...

Eclypse_1593
03-25-2005, 04:58 AM
My most entertaining kill was't the set of T3 tankers I just sunk, or the big 24k ton passenger liner from last night, no, it was a little tugboat.

I was returning to base in rough seas and about 150 miles from Brest I spotted a lone enemy tugboat. No idea what he was doing so close to occupied france, must have gotten lost in the storm. 15 knott winds, light fog, and I don't know how that little boat didnt sink in the storm. I had one torp left in the bow and figured...why not? I'm almost in port.

So I line up and fire from periscope depth (he was moving right across my bow by luck). In those waves that torp was porpusing in and out the water of course, I watched to torp all 700 meters with the camera.

When my fish hit the tug, it was actualy out the water and just about landed just short of it's bridge. The explosion actually lifted it up out of water! What was left of it landed stern first and sunk like a rock.

It was wrong. Evil. That torp was about the same leingh as the ship itself. But I lauphed for about 5 minutes on that one!

FDNYFAN
03-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Mine was a C3 tanker and a destroyer.
I fired 2 torps at the tanker,1 hit and the other scraped the rudder and exploded anyway because I had set the pistol to magnetic.
The tanker started attemps to evade me and ran straight into the destroyer.
The tanker exploded and took the destroyer with him.

RipUaNew1
03-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Just played my best scenario yet. The one with the Aircraft Carrier. Aiming for the carrier at about 80 degree, the torpedo went for an approaching destroyer instead, so I fired another quickly, went hard starboard, and waited. BAng@! I actually hit the approaching destoyer! So I quickly went up to periscope depht and wam! The second hit the carrier too! Meanwhile, three destoyers are getting in the action. Took out the two approaching me head on, Went to check out the sedon don close up and you could see a sailer getting blow a hundred feet above the ship towards my birds eye few. Gruseome. I wned 4/4 before barely missing the last destroyer. Took him out with an aft torpedo! Gettign the torpedo fired down, but I still can't figure out how to read an incomming radio message.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-25-2005, 05:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horvald:
I had a pesky merchant dualing it out with me. He dealt some serious damage to me, so I ordered my gun crew to aim for their gun. when they finally blew the gun up you could see the crew fly in the air, that was satisfying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif. once more some great detail in the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give it all you got I say! DId you use AA guns too? I was able to sink a small ship with just starshels and AA ammo (yes its possible) just wanted to see if it can be done. The deckgun can hit the waterline and AA takes out their AA if they have it or its cargo stuff.

S VIIC_41
03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Probably the one I just got.

It was a Small Merchant I found on the grid square north of the one I was supposed to be patrolling.

I fired on him from behind from a reasonable distance, I normally wouldn't but the solution was green. It missed >_<

So I eventually get him, it seemed to blow out his engine because he was stopped dead.

So I surface at this burning ship... VERY Das Boot.

Then I fire at him with a torp... it deflects (even though I have it on M) >_< not so Das Boot...

I do it again... it ****s up again >_<

but the third time I backed off (speaking of which, instead of going backwards at first, I set it to Aus Kraft and ended up ramming the ship >_&lthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, looked in the ship recog. manual, got the keel depth of the ship, set the torp to M and this time gave it plenty of depth...

It goes right under the middle and explodes, sending it to the bottom real quick ;D.

Stellar_73
03-25-2005, 05:44 PM
West side of england I was in my patrolling area, weather was really bad 15m/s wind, but finally I spotted ship heading to NE 6kts, I was 6km away, so I did order flank speed and went to chase it. After I got closer one of my officers recognized it as a T3 class tanker.

It sure did swim so deep I was sure it have full load onboard and must be stopped before getting any harbours. Now I had only two fish left in front and couldnt order my men to board 88 in this kinda weather.

So i did give order to my WO to calculate torpedo runs, it didnt took long and when got approx. 3000m from it I launched tubes 1 & 2. Waiting...minutes go by...I was sure we missed it and did start cursing to WO when we hear loud bang, then another! Both fishes did hit it! I did look thru persicope trying peek my target in darkness, but no fire, **** ship wasnt still sinking!

Now I was in trouble, I sure wasnt going it escape, but as couldnt board deckgun I had a problem. Then suddenly I remembered that i got one fish left in rear. So set course to good firing position and fired. Beautiful those flames were in middle of stormy night. Didnt burn too long. Couple minutes later it was in bottom of sea and I was heading back to Wilhelmshaven at full speed, playing Long way from Tipperary from Gramofone.

CaptainRadish
03-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Stalking a convoy in the fog I targeted an ocean liner. I fired a torpedo at it as it was starting to turn (dumb), but amazingly it seemed as though it was going to whck it in the rudder. I followed it on camera as it hit the rear. It then slid across the curved hull and away from the ship. I was preparing to go back to my periscope and fire another fish when the torpedo steered itself to the right and detonated under the liner. I had never seen anything like that before (or since, unfortunately).

Mongoose6T7
03-25-2005, 07:20 PM
My best kill was a bad shot...using magnetic pistol in heavy seas.

It was early in the "happy time", a couple of hundred k's off Scapa Flow, and absolutely pitch black. Using the bridge cam I could not see squat but my WO yelled out a contact. Suddenly, from out of the gloom appeared the biggest ship I had yet seen...a C3 Cargo.

It could not have been more than 400 meters away, running away just off the port bow. Not much time to work up a shot. I wasted more time checking the manual by which time it started to rain and I was losing visual contact.

I decided to pull in behind and try for a shot under the screws. By now the C3 had slipped back into the mist and rain, but I watched the T1 on the event cam, heading right where I wanted it!

I swore out loud when the torp slipped underneath and past the rudder, only to cheer...the magnetic pistol fired right under the center of the ship. It must have found a weak spot because that's all it took to sink her.

r4iney
03-25-2005, 07:25 PM
8 airplanes attacking me 200 miles south of Ireland. My gunner and another guy takes them all down in a few minuts.

gamesurfer14
03-25-2005, 07:50 PM
my best was my last patrol i did yesterday. i was head to am34 and i cam across a task force convoy. and i crept up on them and i noticed there was a king geroge v. to i lined up and at about 2000 meters let to fish off. both fish hit and he started to list hard to port. about 20 mins later real time the destroyers that where with him where on top of me like white on rice. about 30 mins later they finaly quit depth carghing me and i final got back to periscope depth and relized the king was still afloat but hurt bad. i followd him for about 3 days about 6 hrs real time got close in fired my last fish and it hit im dead center and she sunk..... well i say sunk took me 30 mins of watching and waiting for me to finaly get the kill and her to go blop. blop. blop al the way to the bottom.

noshens
03-25-2005, 08:36 PM
sinking 4 warships with the 100mm gun was really fun, only lost 2 crewman and 93% of integirty...

iambecomelife
03-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Patrolling in my new Type VII off the Firth of Forth - A destroyer got wind of me and came for me head on - Turned until he was at a bearing of 0, frantically flipped through the recognition manual for his class's draft, and launched a full spread set to explode under his keel.
He tried to steer away but he went right into the path of at least one of them and sank by the stern. It was literally the most dramatic moment of my simming career - I'd fully expected to die since it was too shallow to hide and I had no chance to time the shot properly. I definitely WOULD have died if I'd set the torps to impact, since the angle he was at when he turned would have made a direct hit glance off. I've never had my heart pound like that with "Silent Hill" or "Resident Evil"!

iambecomelife
03-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Quote: Probably the one I just got.

It was a Small Merchant I found on the grid square north of the one I was supposed to be patrolling.

I fired on him from behind from a reasonable distance, I normally wouldn't but the solution was green. It missed >_<

So I eventually get him, it seemed to blow out his engine because he was stopped dead.

So I surface at this burning ship... VERY Das Boot.

Then I fire at him with a torp... it deflects (even though I have it on M) >_< not so Das Boot...

I do it again... it ****s up again >_<

but the third time I backed off (speaking of which, instead of going backwards at first, I set it to Aus Kraft and ended up ramming the ship >_<, looked in the ship recog. manual, got the keel depth of the ship, set the torp to M and this time gave it plenty of depth...

It goes right under the middle and explodes, sending it to the bottom real quick ;D.

Something similar happened to me two patrols in a row with my Type II. Both times I found a coastal merchant I just couldn't sink after hitting it with one torpedo. They both got away because almost all my shots either missed by about two feet or deflected. The second time it happened I also rammed (on purpose) after I ran out of torps. He was already down by the bow from my hit, so I actually ran up on top of the foredeck and almost got stranded http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.It knocked my hull integrity to 31% and started a fire in his cargo but didn't sink him.