PDA

View Full Version : Bf110 with 2 Mk108 and Bk3,7. Can we have them fire individually?

Choctaw111
02-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Is it historical that all three cannon fired toegether? Was there any way to get the Bk3,7 and the Mk108 to fire separately? This plane is so much fun to fly and is great for attacking bombers and ground units BUT unless you are very close you are going to be wasting ammo with one or the other because you will only be able to hit a target with only one type of cannon from far away. The trajectories of the Mk108 and Bk3,7 are so vastly diiferent. Why can we not fire these individually if we want to. Is there a way that we can do this right now or must Oleg incorporate this in a patch? If I were a pilot back then I would have told my flight crew to have these cannon fire on two different triggers.

Zneg1
02-11-2005, 08:21 AM
depends on how your CONTROLS are confgured as well as your GUN LOAD and type. I can fire these individually on my X45 since I can switch off the GUNPODS too if I want to. I woud checl your CONTROLS and see if you have a key for weapons 1, weapon2 etc. as well as the switch for gunpods.

p1ngu666
02-11-2005, 09:30 AM
u can turn gunpod off, but can u turn mk108 off?

JG53Frankyboy
02-11-2005, 10:18 AM
1. you cant toggle the gunpods , not the one witht 2xMG151 not the one with 1xBK37, witht the toggle button like in the Fw190 and its outside guns. doesnt work at all in the Bf110G2

2. weird thing is that in a -/R1 (4 MG17) you can fire the BK seperatly. in the _/R4 (with MK108) not.
i had email contact with oleg about that long time aga after Bf110G release . he said they would not change it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
also notthe firing order of the Ta152H http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

we have to live with that

Choctaw111
02-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I am using a CH Fighterstick along with a CH ProThrottle and Pro Pedals. I have tried to puzzle out a way to get these cannon to fire separately but could not come up with a way to do it.

JG53Frankyboy
02-11-2005, 04:10 PM
there is no way, period http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LeadSpitter_
02-12-2005, 03:30 AM
I wish we had individual payload releases and individual gun firing for the 190s, 109 gunpods, p39 p63 p38 gunpods with 3 switch selector.

I doubt we will ever see it but yes i would like this feature badly.

instead of

fire weapon 1 mg
fire weapon 2 cannon

fire weapon 3 rockets
fire weapon 4 bombs

or what ever somthing like this would be more effective

----------------------------------------------

fire weapon 1 Trigger
fire weapon 2 Selection toggle mode

toggle: outer wing cannon, inner wing cannon, mg or select all

fire weapon 3: Release Ordinance
fire weapon 4: Selection toggle mode

fire rockets, drop bombs individualy, drop bombs together, Fire all together selection mode

This would be much more efficient in reducing the ammount of buttons we have to press for 3 seperate selectable fire buttons all can be done with two buttons for gunnery and 2 for payloads still.

LeadSpitter_
02-18-2005, 04:36 PM
bump

Choctaw111
02-18-2005, 06:22 PM
If you can turn off the Bk 3,7 and fire only the Mk108 that's fine but what if you just want to fire the Bk3,7 at a distant target? There is no way to just fire the Bk3,7! If you want to shoot at a target far away such as a tank you have to fire all three weapons wasting ammo for the Mk108. I think that this is nonsense. Would it take a great deal of programming to fix this? I would really like to fire these weapons individually...

Choctaw111
02-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Does anyone else fly this beautifully rendered aircraft? I havn't heard too much from the community about this...

Jaws2002
02-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I fly it against light and medium tanks. No Mk108's just the Bk3.7. why would you want to carny both anyway? Bk3.7 is for a purpose, Mk108 for a completely different one. Is an odd match up.

Foxtrot-Hotel
02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Choctaw111:
Does anyone else fly this beautifully rendered aircraft? I havn't heard too much from the community about this... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea, me...I often fly it online, sometimes with big succes...I had some really amazing deflection shots with the bk3.7 and the 30mm's, and the reargunnerposition is the best of all german planes, and the only one you really can use for you're defance...bad is, you really need the gunner, but I love it anyway,and keep flying it.

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I love this plane, it is my primary ac. And not just for ground targets, this is my dogfighting plane! It shocks the **** out of most when I turn on them and watch them disintegrate (I use the 2 mk108s and 2 151s), if I had a dime for every time someone said "thats impossible!" or "how'd you do that" or "WTF HIT ME??!!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Drop those combat flaps and it'll out turn a corsair when they don't expect it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shawdawg
02-22-2005, 11:36 PM
How bout the Bf110 with the cannon facing up (Germans had special name for it) to fly under bombers and shoot them.

Choctaw111
02-23-2005, 05:14 AM
You are talking about the ShrageMusik(Slanted Music or Jazz) cannon. These were very unique and effective!
Back to what I started this topic about. I know that the Mk108/Bk3,7 is a very strange configuration but it is historical, and deadly at all ranges which is why I like it so much. I wish that there was a place where I could look up if these weapons fired together or individually like I have been asking about in this thread.

Foxtrot-Hotel
02-23-2005, 05:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawdawg:
How bout the Bf110 with the cannon facing up (Germans had special name for it) to fly under bombers and shoot them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was called "schr├┬Ąge musik"(sorry choctaw111 don't want offend you and you're german) ,and the Japanese used it too, in the KI-46 for example...