PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood involved in the story?



NuclearFuss
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Right, so I was just looking at the AC:B Novel (http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/15764303/Assassin-Creed-Brotherhood/Product.html), and in the description it says "in such treacherous times, conspiracy is everywhere, even within the ranks of the brotherhood itself..."

So I had the thought, are any of the Assassins (in the game) going to be related to the story and have scripted parts? Because I think it'd be a pretty fun mission to hunt down an Assassin that you've trained with the same skills as you, and have an epic climactic fight to the death.

Plus, twelve seems a little small for a "brotherhood", so I'd assume there to be some Assassins unrelated to those you recruit, and they could easily have parts to play in the story.

Thoughts?

dchil279
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Wait, what?

mustangmaniak20
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Star wars much?
I dunno man, maybe...

CNightingale
11-01-2010, 03:36 PM
The first person I thought of when I read that was Perotto Calderon from the Facebook game. Course, I don't think that really fits, but it's a thought.

But I don't really trust what is in the description of a book. Sometimes it is really off, so you wonder if the person who wrote the description on the back cover actually read the book.

jimbo11235813
11-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Its more likely that its within the Brotherhood we know, as in the assassins we met in AC2. From what I've read (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270248), Machiavelli is the official assassin leader within Rome, but then Ezio comes along and starts recruiting himself. There is said to be competition between them, but I think that it will be more than simple competition.

Although, it would be good if the brotherhood you recruit get involved in the story (more than simply standing and nodding in cutscenes, if they are in them at all).

NuclearFuss
11-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I only really brought this up because Oliver Bowden got the last book pretty darn close to the game, but with a lot more detail. Plus everyone loves a bit of betrayal and revenge in a story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

BK-110
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
You know, I think those 12 Assassins are Ezio's personal trainees, while the brotherhood as a whole is likely much larger.

davo1270
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I remember that Cesare had a personal assassin, so you would have to fight him, and for the 12 assassins thing... I read somewhere that they might add more in the future

jbahr11
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
I remember that Cesare had a personal assassin, so you would have to fight him, and for the 12 assassins thing... I read somewhere that they might add more in the future

The only ones now that know for certain is the developers since the game has gone gold

DarkicoN14
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
I only really brought this up because Oliver Bowden got the last book pretty darn close to the game, but with a lot more detail. Plus everyone loves a bit of betrayal and revenge in a story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

yeah it was exactly spot on i couldnt believe it plus there were a couple of extra scenes between ezio and cristina throughout the book. if your a fan i strongly recomend getting this book :P

flyryassassin
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
It will be cool as long as it does not conflict with my army building, as you can tell by my previous posts, thats like 60% of my concern in this game the other 40% is the fight mechanics just hope combos arnt as hard as ac2.