PDA

View Full Version : WOOOOT! Pe-2 Download ready! But.....

SeaFireLIV
05-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Yea, the bank transfer worked! My first online purchase ever! And the Pe-2 engineers are ready to deliver....

The thing is I don`t want that bloatbox rubbish. Has the bloatbox been fixed so it doesn`t become part of the PC anymore? Is there a way to avoid it?

Or is it still an annoying problem. I`m not d\ling till I know more.

SeaFireLIV
05-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Yea, the bank transfer worked! My first online purchase ever! And the Pe-2 engineers are ready to deliver....

The thing is I don`t want that bloatbox rubbish. Has the bloatbox been fixed so it doesn`t become part of the PC anymore? Is there a way to avoid it?

Or is it still an annoying problem. I`m not d\ling till I know more.

Shrike_UK
05-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Still waiting for Booty Box to be removed aswell.
I think this wait is a bit excessive. What are they doing?

StG2_Schlachter
05-10-2006, 05:23 AM
You need BoontyBox for the download. But after you have the installer on your hard drive you can uninstall Boonty.

Install the add-on and copy the old exe file from 4.04m over the new one.

Low_Flyer_MkVb
05-10-2006, 05:24 AM
Pssst! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Details here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834

Shrike_UK
05-10-2006, 05:49 AM
but what if you dont want to download bloatybox in the first place?

JG52Uther
05-10-2006, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shrike_UK:
but what if you dont want to download bloatybox in the first place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad luck.I along with a lot of others did download it.It only took me 2 hours to install the add on,but there is a lot more info around now so you should be able to cut down on that a bit.Luthiers sticky is the place to go for info.

Shrike_UK
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Bad luck.I along with a lot of others did download it.It only took me 2 hours to install the add on,but there is a lot more info around now so you should be able to cut down on that a bit.Luthiers sticky is the place to go for info. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks,
I will give it another month, if bloaty box still isnt removed, i might have to bite the bullet. I say a month because i reformat my pc every 3 months, so just before i do that is a good time. The boonty stuff being removed by people might only be the visible boony, theres no way of knowing what else its done without running forensics software.

Does the install of bloaty box require a restart?

B16Enk
05-10-2006, 07:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does the install of bloaty box require a restart? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

And I think you are being a little too paranoid...once it's folder has been deleted, any services related to it un-installed and the registry cleaned it's gone.

I'ts impact/footprint on the system if left installed is pretty much zero, I have not un-installed it and I have had zero problems and it doesn't talk 'home' if you tell it not to (I reconfigured firewall to block it and am using 4.04 exe files).

As it enabled UBI to speedily distribute PE2, and without any potentially nasty hardware copy right protection methods, and comes with well documented removal procedures it does deserve some respect and a lot less fear.

goshikisen
05-10-2006, 09:39 AM
I second B16Enk's post. Boonty may be a bit irritating but that's about all it is. It didn't take me anymore than 20 minutes to get it removed once it downloaded Pe-2 for me.

Shrike_UK
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
i keep having these like daydreams of flying around in a pe2 and thinking of the missions i could make http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

EURO_Snoopy
05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B16Enk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does the install of bloaty box require a restart? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

And I think you are being a little too paranoid...once it's folder has been deleted, any services related to it un-installed and the registry cleaned it's gone.

I'ts impact/footprint on the system if left installed is pretty much zero, I have not un-installed it and I have had zero problems and it doesn't talk 'home' if you tell it not to (I reconfigured firewall to block it and am using 4.04 exe files).

As it enabled UBI to speedily distribute PE2, and without any potentially nasty hardware copy right protection methods, and comes with well documented removal procedures it does deserve some respect and a lot less fear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Shrike_UK
05-10-2006, 04:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif thanks, its hard to want to download it with the hassle that comes with it, but you guys are encouraging, and i think i'll give it a go at the weekend, even though i kept swearing myself i shouldnt. i have several types of diagnostics programs that i'll run prior to install, i'll post back the results if anything is different from what ive seen in the threads on known bloatay bits.

JG52Uther
05-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Absolutely download and install it.Any issues with the install can be sorted out here.

mortoma1958
05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B16Enk:

Nope.

As it enabled UBI to speedily distribute PE2, and without any potentially nasty hardware copy right protection methods, and comes with well documented removal procedures it does deserve some respect and a lot less fear. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Baloney, it stinks because it does not support older OSs such as Win98 or Me. I say Ubi should dump it or make it work with Fat32 file system, so it will work with 98 and ME.