PDA

View Full Version : Manifold Pressure!!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 09:00 PM
If everyone is thinking that FB 1.1b is more realistic, then take a look at the speed or throttle control. I know others have posted about it.

Been looking at manifold pressure and they are about right for engine off at 28 to 30 inches of pressure. And some are reading about right after engine start between 12 and 15 inches of manifold pressure at idle. (Throttle 0%)

Now try any of the P-47`s after engine start manifold pressure goes up to 40+ and stays there and this is with engine at idle. Don`t think that ones right. I know this is not a big deal but it does come into play when you are flying and bring the throttle back to idle and the aircraft doesn`t want to slow down. It makes no difference if it has super or turbo charging when you drop the power to idle the manifold pressure should drop to about 10 and 17 inches roughly.

Jump in a P-40 and take-off , level off at say 500 meters get to cruise airspeed now pull the throttle to idle the manifold will drop a few inches from the top, when it should come back to around 15 to 17 inches roughly.

Jump in a Yak 3 and you get the same thing also if you start a descent with the throttle at idle the manifold pressure starts to climb back up as if you were at 100% throttle this would be more in line with having a fixed pitch prop not const. speed prop. I tried the Hurrican but I`m still looking for the manifold gauge!

I know some ppl are saying, well it`s because they are HP aircraft and are very clean, well aircraft today are even cleaner and if you pull the power back to idle they slow down.

Also for what it`s worth I`m not without experience. I`ve got time in T-28`s, T-6`s and they are HP warbirds and time in smaller acrobatic planes like the T-34 and Greatlakes, and I can point the thing straight down at idle and the manifold pressure doesn`t go to the high peg, neither does the rpm`s. At least not before the wings come off! Haven`t tried that one yet in RL and I`m not planning on it! LOL

Before the patch I would say the planes slowed down about normal. And yes I know this is a beta and I`m not flaming the game or Oleg , I take my hat off to anyone that can even program a flight sim that is close to the real thing. Just saying that the speed control in slowing is not right.

No I didn`t make a track, I don`t have anyway of linking it anyway. Did the test in MP with CEM. It`s easy for anyone to do. By the way in RL if you set the prop control to 0% low RPM pull the prop lever all the way out, back what ever you want to call it, And then run the power up to full you would blow the engine real quick and the manifold pressure would go through the roof.

Tks....

Now Let The Flamming or Banning Begin because I don`t have 500 post that makes me a noob and don`t know JS!

That should save some replies space!!!! LOL
~S~

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 09:00 PM
If everyone is thinking that FB 1.1b is more realistic, then take a look at the speed or throttle control. I know others have posted about it.

Been looking at manifold pressure and they are about right for engine off at 28 to 30 inches of pressure. And some are reading about right after engine start between 12 and 15 inches of manifold pressure at idle. (Throttle 0%)

Now try any of the P-47`s after engine start manifold pressure goes up to 40+ and stays there and this is with engine at idle. Don`t think that ones right. I know this is not a big deal but it does come into play when you are flying and bring the throttle back to idle and the aircraft doesn`t want to slow down. It makes no difference if it has super or turbo charging when you drop the power to idle the manifold pressure should drop to about 10 and 17 inches roughly.

Jump in a P-40 and take-off , level off at say 500 meters get to cruise airspeed now pull the throttle to idle the manifold will drop a few inches from the top, when it should come back to around 15 to 17 inches roughly.

Jump in a Yak 3 and you get the same thing also if you start a descent with the throttle at idle the manifold pressure starts to climb back up as if you were at 100% throttle this would be more in line with having a fixed pitch prop not const. speed prop. I tried the Hurrican but I`m still looking for the manifold gauge!

I know some ppl are saying, well it`s because they are HP aircraft and are very clean, well aircraft today are even cleaner and if you pull the power back to idle they slow down.

Also for what it`s worth I`m not without experience. I`ve got time in T-28`s, T-6`s and they are HP warbirds and time in smaller acrobatic planes like the T-34 and Greatlakes, and I can point the thing straight down at idle and the manifold pressure doesn`t go to the high peg, neither does the rpm`s. At least not before the wings come off! Haven`t tried that one yet in RL and I`m not planning on it! LOL

Before the patch I would say the planes slowed down about normal. And yes I know this is a beta and I`m not flaming the game or Oleg , I take my hat off to anyone that can even program a flight sim that is close to the real thing. Just saying that the speed control in slowing is not right.

No I didn`t make a track, I don`t have anyway of linking it anyway. Did the test in MP with CEM. It`s easy for anyone to do. By the way in RL if you set the prop control to 0% low RPM pull the prop lever all the way out, back what ever you want to call it, And then run the power up to full you would blow the engine real quick and the manifold pressure would go through the roof.

Tks....

Now Let The Flamming or Banning Begin because I don`t have 500 post that makes me a noob and don`t know JS!

That should save some replies space!!!! LOL
~S~

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 09:12 PM
You are right on the mark cooler with your description of throttling....take the replys with a grain of salt, there are alot of big ego's and wannabees in these forums...

mucker

Message Edited on 08/16/0308:15PM by mucker