PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see BOB or FB on Playstation 3??

The.Tyke
05-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Just been reading an article in the newspaper about the new PS3. It will be released in about a year and it looks as though the graphics will far outsrip the PC by then. They are talking of graphics of cinematograhic quality.
I can see loads of advantages of having something like FB on a dedicated playstation where there are no hardware conflicts and everybody on line is behind the same machine.
I've resisted playstations, Nintendo's etc up till now, but I'm wondering for how much longer !

The.Tyke
05-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Just been reading an article in the newspaper about the new PS3. It will be released in about a year and it looks as though the graphics will far outsrip the PC by then. They are talking of graphics of cinematograhic quality.
I can see loads of advantages of having something like FB on a dedicated playstation where there are no hardware conflicts and everybody on line is behind the same machine.
I've resisted playstations, Nintendo's etc up till now, but I'm wondering for how much longer !

F0_Dark_P
05-18-2005, 09:21 AM
that will never happen i am afraid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

consoles are "mainstreem machines" and flight simulators are not mainstreem, the only game with airplains that will come are games like Ace combat and that is a arcade sim, a good game i love it, but far from games like il2, BoB and Ms flight simulator

i have been hoping for a true flightsim forever, and with the arrival of Xbox in 2001 made me hope even more for one but no one came, there are one that will come to the Xbox 360 but i doubt it is a "sim"

fordfan25
05-18-2005, 09:25 AM
i very much dout it. hard core sim's like this is PC restricted.

Obi_Kwiet
05-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Heh. even a key board doesn't have enough keys for IL2. Try doing it on a controller. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

AWL_Spinner
05-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Simple really. Consoles are great for console games. Consoles can't beat PCs on flexibility and the ability to adapt to niche markets, and nor are they designed to.

For instance, even if the PS3 was a hundred times as fast as my current rig, it would lack the driver and peripheral support for (and this is just me):

Pedals
Joystick
Keyboard
Mouse
TrackIR
Headset

All of which are vital for my simming.

I've yet to see a console with a whopping great USB2 bus to cater for flight simmer's peripherals and the adaptability to keep up with simming's progressive hardware demands.

Consoles are great, but they're a lot cheaper than PCs for a reason.

SeaFireLIV
05-18-2005, 11:38 AM
With the prevailing attitude of publishers to treat all consoles games as the equivalent of fast food hamburgers, it is highly unlikely we`ll ever see anything like a real flight sim on them.

It doesn`t matter how good consoles get. It`s all about the [I]willingness[/] of the guys who make these things to try going serious in a game for once.

To be fair, Bethesda did produce Morrowind on the Xbox which is IDENTICAL to the PC version - so there`s a thin hope yet...

darkhorizon11
05-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Overlooking the problem of key assignments and needing a joystick I don't think the major game publishers would find it profitable enough for a console. A lot more people own PC's than consoles therefore making it more marketable on that platform.

ClnlSandersLite
05-18-2005, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F0_Dark_P:
that will never happen i am afraid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

consoles are "mainstreem machines" and flight simulators are not mainstreem, the only game with airplains that will come are games like Ace combat and that is a arcade sim, .... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude! What about pilots wings on the SNES, That game was UBER realistic!!!11!!OneOne!1One!

Huxley_S
05-18-2005, 11:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Simple really. Consoles are great for console games. Consoles can't beat PCs on flexibility and the ability to adapt to niche markets, and nor are they designed to.

For instance, even if the PS3 was a hundred times as fast as my current rig, it would lack the driver and peripheral support for (and this is just me):

Pedals
Joystick
Keyboard
Mouse
TrackIR
Headset

All of which are vital for my simming.

I've yet to see a console with a whopping great USB2 bus to cater for flight simmer's peripherals and the adaptability to keep up with simming's progressive hardware demands.

Consoles are great, but they're a lot cheaper than PCs for a reason.

Cheers, Spinner </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The new PS3 has 6 USB 2.0 ports, plus it has a hard drive and internet connectivity. So connecting a stick, mouse and keyboard and pedals should be no problem. It may be that it is possible for someone to write a driver for Track IR that can be downloaded through the internet and stored on the drive... maybe, maybe not.

The graphics and processing power of the PS3 is far superior to even the highest spec PC at the moment... would be great if someone could make a realistic combat sim for it.

AWL_Spinner
05-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Really? Didn't know that. I can understand using an off the shelf interface but it's still pointing to a proprietary OS (not quite the same issues with an Xbox which at least shares some commonality).

If you can't alter the configuration of the OS to allow for new and updated drivers and peripherals you're not going to be able to keep the thing current for simming. I've not heard that these new consoles are any different to the last set in that regard.

That is, of course, presuming you can get Saitek, CH, NaturalPoint and the rest to release a new line of hardware for the three major console manufacturers, none of whom have cross compatible architectures. It's not a very attractive business prospect when you already have a lucrative line into the simming community as it is.

I like consoles, but they are very different beasts from PCs, which are ultimately flexible. If you're going to build that open-ness into a console, when you can rip bits out, add bits in, update the OS for new simming hardware, etc., you're just trying to recreate the PC.

Personally, I'll be buying the new Nintendo box when it comes out, because I'm promised it'll play Gamecube games and thus I can continue to get my SuperMonkeyBall fix http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I shall continue to maintain a PC for simming, as it's continually at the cutting edge. Console specs are all very well but they're stuck that way until you buy the next one.

Plus, of course, there's the evolving nature of the software itself (patches, updates, etc.) and the huge wealth of community campaigns, skins, and the like which doesn't suit a console.

All require, well, the ability to fiddle!

SeaFireLIV
05-19-2005, 03:13 AM
I think you got the basic joy for a lot of us of using a PC compared to a console, Spinner, `The ability to fiddle`. In that respect it`s a bit like having your favourite car. PC comes close to that.

If you`re used to using a PC, it can be a great shock to load up a dreamcast, Xbox or whatever, look into configuration and see- nothing! Or at least nearly nothing. And of course run a console game and the options are often dire; you are truly spoon-fed what they give you with no choice.

Keep a console nearby by all means, just don`t throw away your PC for it!

Butonga
05-19-2005, 04:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Plus, of course, there's the evolving nature of the software itself (patches, updates, etc.) and the huge wealth of community campaigns, skins, and the like which doesn't suit a console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I don't like patches. Only in a PC game do you always seem in need of a patch.

Programmers, " Games not ready yet, it probably won't even work on most peoples PC's at all out from the box."

Devs, "We'll fix that in a patch, let's start cashing in on the money now."

Patches are ment to fix problems. It's nice to be able to fix a problem. But PC games took it to mean they can release games with problems they know about. Severe problems that makes the game unplayable

I cannot load up Pacific Fighters straight out of the box and play it ( I can say that about many PC games. Actually, I can say that about every single PC game I have). After loading, I have to download a file so the cd is recognized. Then I have to patch to whatever the latest patch is so that the game is playable and doesn't crash. Some people will think it's cool to be able to patch that problem. I think it would be even more cool if no such problem were allowed before release.

I understand with all the different components in the computer that is different from computer to computer, programming for the PC isn't as straight forward, but I am also sure that if developers were mostly unable to patch a game, then we'd be seeing games released that are actually finished, tested and almost completely bug free and plays well on all PC's. Kinda like all the very few console games I have played.

I thought I read the FPS games coming out for both PS3 and Xbox 360 allowed you to download new maps and skins. These consoles do have hardrives that will probably be as big in capacity as many harddrives common in PC's and a web connection. I wonder if we will see console games that loads a game from the CD to it's HDD and plays mostly off the HDD like a PC does. The ability to be as open ended in game add-on's is probably there already if developers allowed it and unfortunately, that will come with dev's releasing unfinished products so they could start selling asap. At least with consoles, the platform they are programming for is the same.

Very interested in seeing real sims made for these consoles. I am sure the console can support it if a software developer wanted to do so. But with the lack of deveopment for real flt sims even in the PC world, well, I am not throwing any old flt sim games out and my main PC will continue to be upgraded or replaced.

Slechtvalk
05-19-2005, 04:16 AM
Not enough memory.

TooCooL34
05-19-2005, 05:00 AM
'No patches' do not mean Perfection.
In console game, you can see various problems but nothing can be done with it. You must get around them. Don't even dream of progress.
But look FB's progress with every patch. This is what can be called evolution, not mere patching.

Of course, some poor developers bring out defective games just for schedule & money but they are to blame, NOT PC games nor patches.

Takata_
05-19-2005, 05:04 AM
"...Blazing Angels is an all-new brand launching exclusively on Xbox..."

Blazing Angels (http://www.blazing-angels.com/us/)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 2005 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. 2005 1C:Maddox Games. 2005 1C Company. All Rights Reserved. Blazing Angels, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Live, the Live logo and the Xbox logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or in other countries and are used under license from Microsoft. ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ankanor
05-19-2005, 05:19 AM
I dont get it why you haven't figured out the most obvious answer...

Two Weeks. Be sure http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

AWL_Spinner
05-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Re: patches. I can understand the view that all games should be like console games that work out of the box. And I agree, at the basic level. Even though we'd have got the products a lot later than we have done and with less community interaction (you can argue that both ways, I accept).

However, even in the flight sim world, IL2 is a little different. Maybe 10% of the patch evolutionary path have been true "bug fixes". The rest have been modifications and additions to the software in a way that would be impossible on a console. Many have been at the behest of a community involved in this continual development.

You have had, if you've been here in the beginning, a simulator line that has grown and evolved as the years have rolled by. The lifespan of this simulator is longer than the shelf life of the last round of consoles.

How do you think that would pan out in the console world? You'd get, say, Forgotten Battles, out the box, on your PS3, and it's work - there'd be no bugs. But that'd be it.

(This is suspending the disbelief for a second that you'd have your independently configurable Keyboard, Mouse, TrackIR, CH Flightstick, Throttle, Pedals, Headset and any other gizmo you like plugged in and the game would incorporate off the bat all that we gain from third parties, Teamspeak, Skins, Campaigns, Hyperlobby, MAT Manager, UQMG, etc. )

However, you'd miss out on all the incremental upgrades; you'd miss out on all the tweaks and additions and the 1C's never ending development cycle. The development cycle that's given us so much and is far, far too long to be economic on a console. Why on earth would you still be developing for a platform that's been replaced by the time you get to market?

If they did move on to the next thing, when PF came around you'd have to buy a new console to run it because it uses technology that become the norm over the preceding two years on PCs but has left your box standing.

There's a fundamental point of market economics here chaps. A top class gaming PC can cost ten times as much as a console. Why is that? Are all PC owners particularly stupid?

Consoles are cheap.
They are cheap because they are simple.
They are simple because they are of low complexity.

I'm not saying that they can't be powerful, powerful can be simple too. It's the lack of complexity and flexibility that's the killer - for this particular line of gaming. Not for some others, but for this in particular.

The market simply would not support that model if a console could do what a PC does.

"Performance" is a loose term. It's not just how fast your graphics card can pump out pixels (if indeed any console would support the resolutions favoured by many simmers, over and above even the HDTV standard that the PS3 supports), it's the whole package. There's a point made in a preceding post about system RAM, for instance. Upgradeable to how many Gb on a PC?

Speaking of graphics - who makes the chips in the consoles? ATI and NVidia. Where's their biggest profit margin? Top of the line PC graphics cards that cost twice as much as a console. D'ya think they'll sit back on their behinds for a couple of years and not push this stuff harder and faster on PCIE cards out of respect for the new consoles? Read up on the new physics chips being developed for the PC graphics market, truly impressive.

PC owners aren't mugs - if a console provided all of the above we'd all be running consoles. They run PCs as flight sim rigs because you can't recreate the environment anywhere else.

The environment, as a whole. Immersive, peripheral rich, with massive after market support from third parties in both hardware and software, and with ongoing development cycles that only suit the PC.

Trust me, I don't like spending money. If I could get all that on a console I'd ditch the PC in an instant. But then by definition it wouldn't be a console.

As an aside, I *must* stop ranting about this, it comes around EVERY time someone releases a new console with wonderful paper specifications and, in a heartbeat, the PC is dead. Ahem.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Butonga
05-19-2005, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TooCooL34:
'No patches' do not mean Perfection.
In console game, you can see various problems but nothing can be done with it. You must get around them. Don't even dream of progress.
But look FB's progress with every patch. This is what can be called evolution, not mere patching.

Of course, some poor developers bring out defective games just for schedule & money but they are to blame, NOT PC games nor patches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, one of the few console games I tried was EQ-Online ( I think the HDD I had to get for the PS2 in order to play it was a 20gig'er) for the PS2 and that game was patched, updated, content added and so forth. So the ability is there even now and hopefully even more so in the next generation consoles.

I know they plan on being able to run Massive Multiplayer Online's for these consoles. MMO's that you can play on the same servers, same build and both PC players and console players can co-exist in that same game world, playing side by side. They already do that with one MMO on the PS2 now, but I can't remeber the name :/ .

If they can support MMO's, no reason they can't put games out that you can download new content for. No reason why we can't have a game like IL2 and have the add-on's for future dates like we have with it now on the PC.

I am not saying PC gaming is bad or patches are bad ( I realize that is actually what I said about patches, but that wasn't how I meant it) . I am saying that developers of PC games opt for the fast cash easy way out all the time because that is so easy to do with PC games. If I were a PC gamer and didn't have an internet connection, I'd be so **** out of luck. Just about nothing would be playable.

I have a high end computer. In the past 5 years, I don't even want to think about how much I paid in upgrades for my computer. Upgrades just so I can play a video game.

I have seen graphics on the Xbox and so forth, they are actually very good even with the lower end components. The programming was made to take full advantage of everything they had. I have heard that graphics for the PS3 is better then the screen shots I have seen of the Unreal 3 engine..which is amazing. The resolution might not be there since it was made to work on TVs, but overall, it's not bad.

If they put real sims on the PS3 or Xbox 360, I'd buy it. Then I'd buy an HDTV projector and use one of my walls as a screen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and stop constantly spending money on my PC for no other reason then to play a video game.

Butonga
05-19-2005, 06:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PC owners aren't mugs - if a console provided all of the above we'd all be running consoles. They run PCs as flight sim rigs because you can't recreate the environment anywhere else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except that qoute. Not the PC owner's part, but the part about "you can't recreate the environement anywhere eles."

I don't think they can't do it, I just think they haven't done it. With the PS2 or Xbox, probably not, but with the next gen consoles, I would bet that the tools and ability to do it are there.

I would also wager that MS with the Xbox 360 will be the first out with a real flight sim for a console.

TooCooL34
05-19-2005, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Butonga:
If they put real sims on the PS3 or Xbox 360, I'd buy it. Then I'd buy an HDTV projector and use one of my walls as a screen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and stop constantly spending money on my PC for no other reason then to play a video game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wish that too, but you know, that WON'T happen and that's the only and biggest problem for us.

AWL_Spinner
05-19-2005, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would also wager that MS with the Xbox 360 will be the first out with a real flight sim for a console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's perfectly possible and if they did, and others followed, I'd be first to eat my hat and trade in my PC for a console. I'd be VERY interested to see how that would pan out (e.g. FS10). I only maintain this rig for simming, if there was a viable replacement I'd trade it in for a Mac Mini for internet browsing.

However, as above, they would also have to provide me with all the peripherals I can run on a PC, not only proprietary "Sony" or "Microsoft" ones; multi-monitor support; high-res support; easy approach to third party apps like VAC and MAT Manager; and pursuede 1C Maddox to develop for a platform with a three year shelf life when the IL2 engine is still evolving with the PC over four years after release.

That's the real trick. The plus side for a console developer is the closed architechture. You know if it runs on your development box, it'll run on every punters box just as well. The downside is also the closed architechture. You know you've got to design and market your product in the time before people's attention span moves off onto the next platform. There's no incentive to continue to develop beyond that cut-off whatsoever.

I honestly can't imagine anything approaching the IL2 line on a console, for that reason. 1C seem to love pushing the envelope. Admittedly some people don't seem to like the way this sim develops so might not see that as a bad thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Takata_
05-19-2005, 06:33 AM
http://www.blazing-angels.com/us/download/5.jpg
http://www.blazing-angels.com/us/download/6.jpg
http://www.blazing-angels.com/us/download/7.jpg
http://www.blazing-angels.com/us/download/8.jpg

lol

Badsight.
05-19-2005, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
If you can't alter the configuration of the OS to allow for new and updated drivers and peripherals you're not going to be able to keep the thing current for simming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the cool thing about Consoles is that you dont have to

you & all the rest are on a level playing feild

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
Plus, of course, there's the evolving nature of the software itself (patches, updates, etc.) and the huge wealth of community campaigns, skins, and the like which doesn't suit a console.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> none of which is required for a game to be considered a "sim"

Badsight.
05-19-2005, 06:40 AM
if we ever did see BoB or FB on a console (and lets face it , the specs of the two new gen consoles are ample , better than most peeps PC you meet at HL) , then it would be a standardised , sanitised version

not the same level of options as the PC version because they would need to have as many running on a standardised platform

i see PC only gamers get real defensive about the suggestion of consoles being a viable alternative

-HH- Beebop
05-19-2005, 06:40 AM
God I hope not.

AWL_Spinner
05-19-2005, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">none of which is required for a game to be considered a "sim" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not, but it's what keeps me and plenty of others playing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i see PC only gamers get real defensive about the suggestion of consoles being a viable alternative </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. All the gaming I do besides flight simming is on consoles. They are great for most things, but not this [goes round in circles, again]

Badsight.
05-19-2005, 06:44 AM
isnt it because the game is so darn good in the multiplayer situation that you play it ?

i dont play it just because it has custom skins available or because it gets updated

its a great game to play

that wouldnt change shifting to a console

SeaFireLIV
05-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Did someone say that consoles games come out not needing patches?

Not true! Many console games come out buggy, but you can just scrape by on them; eg:

Morrowind on the Xbox will crash if you progress too far too fast without doing the earlier main quest first. Unlike the PC can`t be patch. My m8 had to restart twice cos of this.

Jade Empire has some weird `dirth` bug concerning the girl you chat up in the game. It seems to go into some kind of unending loop and you have to go to an old reload.

The Xbox has the ability to d/l patches, but are there any? No.

What should be said is that there are no need for patches with consoles cos you ain`t gonna get any! Doesn`t matter if its buggy or not!

p.s. note: The more complex the game (as with IL2) the more likelihood for bugs - not good with consoles if it can`t be patched.

Art-J
05-19-2005, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Badsight.:
i dont play it just because it has custom skins available or because it gets updated
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, and soome others as well, I guess. Online aspect is not important for me, because I barely can enjoy it (stoneage connection http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ). But the possiblity of messing around with skins, addons'n stuff is what makes this sim a "never-boring" product for me.

P.S. - I'm a dedicated race-simmer as well and my favourite game from this genre is GPL. A game published 7 years ago but still alive and kicking, thanks to the activity of 3rd party modders and addon makers community. (in fact, it reaches it's "second youth" at the moment, because recently these guys worked out a way to bypass many original close-architecture-engine limitations). The 1998 game keeps evolving and will be played by it's fans for next few years propably. How many console titles You can say the same about?

If future generations of consoles allow modding of the original product then why not? Maybe I'll change the gaming platform then. For now, I'll stick with this expensive, noisy, big can under my desk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

SeaFireLIV
05-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Yep. The joy for me too is the ability to have new skins (priceless, nothing like flying your own personal plane) use my own face, play the offline campaign.

It really is all about being able to customise your game/plane so it feels like it`s yours - not just some cloned game.

Aaron_GT
05-19-2005, 07:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's perfectly possible and if they did, and others followed, I'd be first to eat my hat and trade in my PC for a console. I'd be VERY interested to see how that would pan out (e.g. FS10). I only maintain this rig for simming, if there was a viable replacement I'd trade it in for a Mac Mini for internet browsing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be perfectly happy to reserve a console for gaming if it supported BoB and similar titles so I can reserve my PC for music and general stuff. But I'd want the console to have decent VGA output and standard USB connection support (I think the PS3 and Xbox 360 both have this, though).

Xbox 360 and Windows PCs have enough similarities, especially given the SDK that abstracts the details that MS had made available, that we're likely to see much the same titles on the Xbox 360 and PC. I am not sure what Sony is doing. Ideally I'd like to see more abstraction so things could run on Linux and Mac too, of course.

With regard to BoB the problem might be issue with regard to OpenGL support, though. Microsoft is likely to want to tie offerings on DirectX only. Il2/FB supports DirectX via a compatibility layer, but I don't know if this would be sufficient on the Xbox.