PDA

View Full Version : Awards and promotion

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Where can i find out when i will be promoted in IL-2 FB, and for what i get awards and medalds?
I have startet a pilot career as a russian IL-2 pilot. In the AdvancedPDFmanual.pdf located on CD2, there is something about the subject, but only for Finnish and Hungarian pilots.

Martin.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Where can i find out when i will be promoted in IL-2 FB, and for what i get awards and medalds?
I have startet a pilot career as a russian IL-2 pilot. In the AdvancedPDFmanual.pdf located on CD2, there is something about the subject, but only for Finnish and Hungarian pilots.

Martin.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 01:10 PM
You get promoted either by time or score, as your cumalitive score goes up you scale through the ranks or i find if your replacements keep on coming then you get promoted to a rank where it is acceptable for you to command a flight group (Hauptmann or Kaptain).

Medals are either for completing hidden objectives or shooting down large numbers of planes in a single mission, shooting down large numbers in one mission can also lead to a big promotion.

e.g Yesterday on first mission i shot down 5 fighters and got promoted from an Oberfeldwerfel to a Leutnant.

Wilhelm

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 01:14 PM
Knudse wrote:
-
- Where can i find out when i will be promoted in IL-2
- FB, and for what i get awards and medalds?

AFAIK (I've finished 2 VVS and 2 Luftwaffe campaings), you get awards depending on how many enemy a/c you have killed in total. As a VVS pilot, you'll get your first medal (Order of the Red Star, if I'm not wrong) on your second kill. The second medal (Red Banner, I believe) at your fifth, then I think at your 10th and every 10 kills.
You are promoted as a function of the number of mission you play and how you perform in them (how many kills/missions, objective achieved, etc).

S!

<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/170903-G55_Firma.jpg </center>