PDA

View Full Version : 3D Glasses working in IL2/FB/PF

PILOT-SF
02-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Do you have any experience in 3D-glasses on computer gaming? Do these gadgets work with IL2/FB/PF? Can you use it simultaniously with track Ir?

http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28

or Gainward Stereo 3D-LCD nVIDIA Shutter Glasses

Anything related to this would be intresting to hear...

If there's already discussion about the matter, could you tell me where I can find it. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Major_V
02-04-2006, 07:24 AM
I purchased those a few years ago. I have a Radeon 9600XT, and it took some effort to get them to work properly. When they finally did, the view was somewhat disorienting, as others have reported too--the cockpit protrudes toward you, and it is more difficult to line up a shot through the gunsight. In the end, I shelved them for good because they cut your FPS in half--the last thing you would ever want for a flight simulator. Unfortunately, ED doesn't make this real clear on their website. Maybe others have had better luck.

PILOT-SF
02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Thx for your answer. Maybe these are better with older games, because of fps-issues. Someday these kind of gadgets will be pretty cool, when they work properly. Just imagine...

woofiedog
02-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Fully agree with Major-V statements... save your money.

SidCheshire
02-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Bought some about a year ago but haven't used them for a long time.
Initially it took a while to set up as there was a need to allocate key functions - this interfered with my game keys but it worked.
Once running the cockpits, particularly J8a, really did "jump out" as the structures came forward. But that was it really because:
Frame rates dropped
Achieving monitor screen refresh rate of at least 100hz not always possible
Glasses were dark so it was necessary to alter gamma each time
NVidia drivers not currently available

I did try it with Call of Duty - nice but sighting was a problem.

In conclusion, I wish I'd bought the TIR instead!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Meshsmoother
02-08-2006, 04:17 AM
E-Dimensional 3d glasses are just great. They work in FB+AEP+PF and can be used with TIr3 without problems. The fact the cockpit protrays towards you can be fix when you clibrate them, since you can set inwards-outwards POV, convergence of the sereo image, distance and ghosting on nVidia drivers wizzard. The only problem with them is that everything has to be rendered twice (stereo images combined on a single focal point) and that's a huge impact for performance on mid-low end systems. They're also tricky regarding finding the proper drivers since your vid card drivers and stereo drivers must be the same version (i.e 61.77 detonators with 61.77 stereo) and some of them causes some glitches on distant objects. It takes some tweaking but once you get used to it IMHO immersion increases by a 200%

=S=

T.