PDA

View Full Version : DVD player

Cardenal799
03-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I saw some posts about the DVD question. Still I am no expert, but I do realize now that I need to buy an DVD player. So, is there some DVD players that might not work with the game, is this a common problem. Should I try to get a "pure" DVD player, or can DVD burners do fine as well?

JG27_Arklight
03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cardenal799:
I saw some posts about the DVD question. Still I am no expert, but I do realize now that I need to buy an DVD player. So, is there some DVD players that might not work with the game, is this a common problem. Should I try to get a "pure" DVD player, or can DVD burners do fine as well? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be on the safe side, I would look for a Lite-On DVD reader and not a DVD-RW. Lite-On makes pretty good drives and they are also pretty darn cheap.

I have a DVD-RW already so I am going to try it out first before purchasing a different one. It has worked in all my other games so far.

Col.Jimbo
03-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I have never had a problem with any game on my DVD player. I know some folks have had problems with certain games on certain CD drives but I don't believe you will have any trouble with any DVD drive you purchase whether it be just a player or player/burner.

Col.Jimbo
03-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Lite-On DVD is what I have. I agree with JG27_Arklight.

stevenwhiting
03-13-2005, 06:34 PM
The people that may have problems are the ones that run 'Virtual Drive' software at the same time. I believe all drives will work and its just another one of those damaging 'Rumours'.

If your running 'Virtual Drive' software, this tends to be for pirating reasons hence the software/game doesn't run. Simply switch it off and it will work.

As hardly anyone has actually got copies of the game, no one can say yet. But not one person who's reviewed it said there has been any problems.

So I believe all DVD burners will be fine. After all, they'd be shooting themselfs in the foot if they made it not work with them. Nearly every sold PC comes with DVD combo burning drives.