PDA

View Full Version : MULTIPLAYER TRIUMPH!

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
So I bought and downloaded COJ BiB through GameSpot, which is supported (or run by) TryMedia. I was only given one CD Key for the game via email. I used the CD Key to register my game - but could not use it to get into the Multiplayer lobby.

I called Ubisoft and they said I had to contact Trymedia. I contacted Trymedia - and they got back to me in about 10 hours - with a new CD Key for Multiplayer! And it works!

Yes!

Here's something I learned from UBI to anyone interested: They told me that if your 3rd party company (like GameSpot or Steam) won't give you a new CD Key for multiplayer - you should try to return it for a full refund and go buy the physical game from a store. They say there are no problems with store-bought Multiplayer Serial/Keys - and that the multiplayer serial problem is only occurring through 3rd party downloads.

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
So I bought and downloaded COJ BiB through GameSpot, which is supported (or run by) TryMedia. I was only given one CD Key for the game via email. I used the CD Key to register my game - but could not use it to get into the Multiplayer lobby.

I called Ubisoft and they said I had to contact Trymedia. I contacted Trymedia - and they got back to me in about 10 hours - with a new CD Key for Multiplayer! And it works!

Yes!

Here's something I learned from UBI to anyone interested: They told me that if your 3rd party company (like GameSpot or Steam) won't give you a new CD Key for multiplayer - you should try to return it for a full refund and go buy the physical game from a store. They say there are no problems with store-bought Multiplayer Serial/Keys - and that the multiplayer serial problem is only occurring through 3rd party downloads.

DrImpossible
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Grats! I'm glad somethings are working. I really want to see this community stay around for the online play.