PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Opinion: Worried

smglo15
03-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Im worried about this game for a few reasons. First off though, I know that Ubi is trying to save themselves because after GR2 and Lockdown i thought UBI was going insane but then they made GR3 which is amazing.

K, now....Rainbow six vegas. The graphics look amazing so far and I have no doubt there won't be a problem there. I have a feeling gameply is going to be a real downfall. After making an almost PERFECT game (rainbow six 3 and black arrow expansion) they need to build a game using that shooting engine however i think they are going to go into more of the " aim and hold trigger" like in lockdown. Honestly if i want a game like that thats why I play recon, rainbow is different for a reason.

Now, the biggest thing I am worried about is what was said in EGM article. In multiplayer they are going to have it where you can look around corners and over walls just like Perfect Dark. If this makes it into final game I know the game still might be fun but it will not last and be as much fun as rainbow six 3. Why would they put something in like that. Ghost recon avanced warfighter had it for single player but took it out of multiplayer (thank GOD). Why is ubi adding these stupid features.

Personally all i want is a great game that consists of awesome graphics, single shot headshots like in black arrow and original rainbow six 3, great sound, and awesome tactical maps.

Games may attract people with "awesome vehicles", "10 million gamemodes", "high tech guns", "look around corners without revealing yourself!", etc but in the end of the day, those things make the game die faster as well. Ubi, go back to your roots and make high quality fun games. PLEASE.

Real720
03-21-2006, 03:33 PM
The thing I'm worried about is that ignorant users might take over these forums!

Lockdown: Redstorm!

RoM_Mafia
03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
The thing that worries me is the online. I mean sure add the 3rd person view, camera gun, and all the other things people talked about, but make sure to take it off all off like GRAW did. Which = http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Also let us leanwalk for god sakes.....u can do it in GRAW and not rainbow....thats pretty stupid.

PS: PEC will be the death of VEGAS http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

GSG_9_Rage
03-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Real720:

why do you keep pushing this? Redstorm made the first two (amazing) games, then UBI came and bought them and ever since, the quality of our games has been severly declining.

darkstealth233
03-26-2006, 06:10 AM
I think they need to stop adding features and stick with basic elements that are needed. I really really hope Vegas is going to be good, I miss the old days of playing RS3 every night with my group.

RoM_Mafia
03-26-2006, 08:04 AM
look man i want the smae exact aiming style black arrow had. if i hold the trigger i want my gun to unload on the person in front of me. If i tap it a want the precise one shot kill to the head. This is where GRAW screwed up at. It takes way too long to swith from automatic to single shot.

Real720
03-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Real720:

why do you keep pushing this? Redstorm made the first two (amazing) games, then UBI came and bought them and ever since, the quality of our games has been severly declining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I know and heard, NOBODY from the ones who made Lockdown for the xbox helped deliver rainbow six 3 or rainbow six 3 black arrow. Also, the developers from Montreal, including Chaddi Lebos and Frederick Naud didn't work on Lockdown either.

And besides, it's been all over the news that the old rainbow six developers have decided to make Vegas, just 'cause the fact that Lockdown was garbage.

GSG_9_Rage
03-26-2006, 10:24 AM
i was talking about Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear. the original two games of the series. the ones that defined the tactical shooter genre and the Rainbow Six franchise. Those were made by Redstorm.

bdr41
03-26-2006, 11:08 AM
i was talking about Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear. the original two games of the series. the ones that defined the tactical shooter genre and the Rainbow Six franchise. Those were made by Redstorm.
Ain't that the truth. While R63 and BA were well done and pretty enjoyable, I was initially shocked at how dumbed down/stripped down they were compared to the PC originals.

It still kind of ticks me off that developers don't have enough respect for console players to offer that kind of deep and tactical gameplay, but I'm sure they know their business a lot better than I do.

I might have to consider getting a new hot-rodded PC but I really hate spending thousands of dollars just to play decent games when they could just as easily be made for the 360 and PS3 if the developers wanted to.

I'm not so sure they'd fail on consoles either -- they'd be providing a huge market of console gamers with a style of gameplay that no one else currently does. It might be better to go after that niche than release just another traditional FPS into a marketplace already flooded by them.

Say what you will about Redstorm, but the best R6 games by miles came out of their studio (albeit many years ago).

KungFu_CIA
03-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bdr41:

Ain't that the truth. While R63 and BA were well done and pretty enjoyable, I was initially shocked at how dumbed down/stripped down they were compared to the PC originals.

It still kind of ticks me off that developers don't have enough respect for console players to offer that kind of deep and tactical gameplay, but I'm sure they know their business a lot better than I do.

I might have to consider getting a new hot-rodded PC but I really hate spending thousands of dollars just to play decent games when they could just as easily be made for the 360 and PS3 if the developers wanted to.

I'm not so sure they'd fail on consoles either -- they'd be providing a huge market of console gamers with a style of gameplay that no one else currently does. It might be better to go after that niche than release just another traditional FPS into a marketplace already flooded by them.

Say what you will about Redstorm, but the best R6 games by miles came out of their studio (albeit many years ago).

A lot of the reasons games have to be dumbed/stripped down when going from PC to console is hardware limiations as well as input limitations too.

Current-gen consoles like Xbox and PS2 just do not have the memory, processor speed or GPU to give us "Raven Shield" on the console as much as I, yourself and others would love it.

Also, the GUI -- using a control pad with triggers and analog sticks -- Also has to be considered because it limits what can and can't be done and in a game like Raven Shield and previous PC R6 games planning phase, this is where those limitations really start to rear their ugly head.

The other major thing is of course, the differences in demographics on a console and PC as well.

As much as older gamers like us hate to admit, the majority of console gamers are pre-teens to early 20s on average. Unfortunately, this translates into a lot of developers and publishers automatically assuming this demographic can't (or doesn't) want to deal with complex things like the original R6 PC games offered such as planning, waypoints, multiple teams, etc.

Now, with next-gen consoles like 360 and PS3 equalling high-end gaming rigs the hardware limitation is becoming less and less of an excuse* and now is merely a question of developers and publishers acknowledging there are older console gamers -- And gamers of all ages who just want more complex games -- On the console because they don't want the hassle of having to upgrade their PC every six months just to be able to play the latest games at reasonable frame rates and visual quality.

*R63/BA are built off the Raven Shield (PC) codebase. In fact, those with modded XBoxes have ported the Raven Shield maps into R63/BA because they offer more strategic gameplay (SP and MP) than the linear levels most console games come with. They run flawlessly (w/a few adjustments) so the "excuse" of hardware limitations is just that to a certain extent if we are talking about aspects like non-linear maps and other core gameplay mechanics which R6 pioneered long before most arcade games started doing them.

Real720
03-26-2006, 02:45 PM

I thought Chaddi and Frederick both worked for Ubisoft Montreal!

But anyway, I've heard that lockdown for the Xbox was produced by the team who did not make the original two. I might've misheard or something.....

del130528032037
03-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Us modders have even made maps using the R63 guidelines and linked to R63BA. It's in the Homebrew manual for R63 in the xbox-scene forums.

What's funny is that all though we can do that, we still have to hack the security individually unless there's some other way.

Xbox live has made it almost impossable for new hackers to get online.

BY THE WAY, I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ONLINE MODDERS!!!