PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler? Need help with Capture the Flag in Venice

zioStatiUniti
11-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Maybe I'm just not good enough on the controllers, but any game that requires me to be absolutely perfect is headed for the returns desk. How can I beat the opponent in the Capture the Flag sequence? He's too fast to out run. If I make a wrong turn, or stupid Ezio jumps off the wall instead of climbing it, bam! The opponent has the flag and I can't catch him.

NuclearFuss
11-22-2009, 01:29 PM
This doesn't really have a method so it's tricky to help you. I ran to the edge of the building and jumped slightly to the left and landed on a platform, then jumped down again and landed right next to the flag before the other guy. Try that.

Dec.2012
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
What I did was run on the rooves to the flag and jumped straight down on the flag for the first two(lost a lot of health, so have some medicine.), the last round, I let him get the flag, then took it from him and went to my base.

I had trouble here too, but eventually got passed. Good luck.

Losk_
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
I failed this mission the first time too. The trick I figured out: get off the roof ASAP.
I ran straight ahead and dropped all the way to the ground (left side of the building), run straight down the street towards the flag. You'll beat him there every time. Just heal yourself while on the way back or you'll die from falling damage the next round...

methoto
11-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Just go about halfway, let him get the flag and tackle him on his way back. Worked for me.

nitres15
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
i climb buildings he cant do it so dont use latters

DeathBlade139
11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
I failed this mission the first time too. The trick I figured out: get off the roof ASAP.
I ran straight ahead and dropped all the way to the ground (left side of the building), run straight down the street towards the flag. You'll beat him there every time. Just heal yourself while on the way back or you'll die from falling damage the next round...

Indeed. I used up 6 health potions, all told trying to beat the guy. The first two rounds are relatively easy using this somewhat suicidal technique; the third round I've found that the agile is much faster, and I usually end up having to bypass the flag and get in his return route, then tackle him, THEN run away.

Azugo
11-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Wow, not to brag but I finished this first time 3 - 0.

This is how I did it: Run across the roof, jump down onto the flag, turn around, run up the wall that has a massive arch doorway in it, run to the home base.

Easy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

nytola7
11-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, definitely have your medicines stocked up. Just jump directly from the roof right onto the flag. After you have it, remember that he is a faster runner than you, but he can't climb very well. Once you have the flag, climb the first building you can, make it a climbing race, not a foot race.

hobgoblin7
11-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Here's a really easy no fail approach. Immediately jump off the roof and heal yourself. Run straight down the street and grab the flag. Run back down the street towards your base. When you get parallel to your base (almost to the end of the street), you will see a window on your right. Climb up the wall using the window as a starting point, and then walk across the wires to your base. Once I did this, it worked EVERY time and the guy never even got close! Good luck!

An_Idea
11-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Wow, not to brag but I finished this first time 3 - 0.

This is how I did it: Run across the roof, jump down onto the flag, turn around, run up the wall that has a massive arch doorway in it, run to the home base.

Easy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

me to actually, cept i got it 3-1 because a stupid crowd of people were at the flag and made me fall down http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

its an easy mission, just keep trying and ull get it

Cryps1
11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Not sure, but I remember that after you tackle the enemy, he still takes about 2-3 seconds to get back up, giving you lots of time to get a headstart

wieetsguy
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I just jumped straight on the flag, even though I took a lot of damage. Definitely an annoying mission, because on my first try I ended up in a 2-2 situation and Ezio wasn't very obedient to my controls at the last wall..

guipit
11-28-2009, 01:37 AM
throw knives tackle

Cryps1
11-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I always just jumped off the bulding and healed. It was very intense for me =p

trellan
12-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Just to be clear. Your base is where you start. Run along the rooftops, at the end jump down, get the flag, run back the way you came. Always turn and face the next flag before the next race starts. Using medicine while doesn't work, so do it while running. What I did was to go get a large pouch from the tailer before starting the race, then fill it with meds from the doctor, then race. Tackling the other runner was just too frustrating. Half the time I'd get all the way home only to realize I'd lost the flag without realizing. You see, the answer to life's problems is meds, lots of meds.
Also, don't assume the other runner won't follow you up to the roof. He did it to me at least once. He's just slower than you.

bladencrowd
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Altair's armor and about 6 medicine should do it. Just jump down immediately or use the skywalk glitch.

Bonjoyle
12-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Losk_ Said it perfectly. Health is not an issue so head slightly to the left and just jump off the roof. You will fall a long way and take half your health in damage, but you land right in fron of an archway, run through it and the flag is right there. Get straight to a wall and climb, as you can climb way faster than the bloke chasing you. Simple Simon.

shadows473
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Just remember Agiles maybe faster than you on the street but Ezio is always faster on the buildings

OzDavis
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by trellan:
You see, the answer to life's problems is meds, lots of meds.

AMEN!

There must be a way to do this without taking bucketloads of damage, but I still haven't managed to figure it out. I am not far from the Carnevale section in my current play through, so I'm gonna try and do it without using the jumping off the roof tactic. I'll post here again if I get anywhere...

EDIT

Okay, the best I came up with this time through is to run over the roof part of the way then drop off to the left near - or preferably onto - the stack of boxes, grabbing a ledge halfway down and immediately releasing hold again in order to prevent damage.

First time I got to the flag just before my opponent and had to dance around him before heading back.

The other two times I was just behind him and was able to tackle him just as he picked up the flag.

So, it is possible to beat this mission without needing a bucket load of medicine, just tricky as hell!