PDA

View Full Version : Best improvement to il2/PF would be ----

sandbag69
01-07-2005, 11:36 AM
if we could land and re-arm and refuel and re-join a battle.
Can you imagine the ongoing campaigns that would be possible.
We could have aircraft spawning hours after the start of the mission, tank columns driving for hours before attacking a town etc, it would be great.
The re-arm and refuel could be realistic in time (great chance to get a cuppa tea before continuing).
To me this would improve the Sim considerably.
What do you think? Will it ever be possible?

Zeus-cat
01-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Oleg has already said no to rearm and refuel. I think this type of thing would appeal only to a small segment of the community. Most people would try it once or twice and then not use it again. With so many other things that can be done to improve this sim, don't expect to see this happen.

Zeus-cat

JG7_Rall
01-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Realistically, it would take a while to reload your guns and refuel your plane. So if you wanted it modelled realistically, you'd have to be sitting on the tarmac for quite some time.

PBNA-Boosher
01-07-2005, 04:09 PM
close to an hour or half an hour of waiting between flights.

sandbag69
01-07-2005, 05:05 PM
ID wait the hour or so! it would make for a much more realistic campaign.
So what if most folk didnt use it at least some of us could if we wanted to.
Hey wot about the option of moving to another plane instead of rearming. This means that I could rejoin a battle quickly after my ammo has been expended

Bearcat99
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
I would be happy with the option of being able to respawn with the same loadout without leaving the map, settable in the server settings for DF or Coop.

LStarosta
01-07-2005, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sandbag69:
ID wait the hour or so! it would make for a much more realistic campaign.
So what if most folk didnt use it at least some of us could if we wanted to.
Hey wot about the option of moving to another plane instead of rearming. This means that I could rejoin a battle quickly after my ammo has been expended <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What kind of powder have you been snorting?

Kids complain about having to fly to their target for longer than 10 minutes, and here we have a fellow who will wait idle on the ground for over an hour?

You sure got balls.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

P.S. Wouldn't moving to a new plane be a little more like... Oh.. I don't know... Hitting refly?

LEXX_Luthor
01-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Ever heard of Dynamic Mission Builder? If not don't feel bad. No flight sim has used DMB yet, and it could be years away if flight sims were to recieve the AI research and development they need for both online multiplay and offline single play.

During gameplay, the DMB would have its own "air command" AI running in the game, and generate squadron and air group sorties partly based upon damage and losses suffered by aircraft in previous sorties. This could run from game sunrise to game sunset if desired. Refitting for a next flight is possible at least for some aircraft such as reliable proven short range interceptors (Bf~109) and close support aircraft (Hs~129, P~47). The "reliable and proven" part comes from thinking that Me~163 was not able to re-fit for another mission until the next day at least. I have no idea about the rocket.

Just thinking of the possibilities of DMB is amazing, but thinking of the programming efforts needed is hideous.

Monson74
01-08-2005, 05:11 AM
I'd just like to see more planes with torpedo loadout - there are so many beautiful ships I'd love to sink you know.

Airmail109
01-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Oleg please use DMB in BOB........I beg you!!!!!!!!!!!!