PDA

View Full Version : Please stop all this disaster and be patient



XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Patch is in works, changes will be made. Oleg got the message... can we just all get along? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Read this:

Current test:

Manifold model for all
Bf-109 weights and speeds (after G2)
P-39 weights and speeds
Bf-109 controls toughness
Soften RPM restriction and overheating for Bf-109

Take a deep breath... FM adjustments will be included into free addon /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif which is right around the corner.



Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Patch is in works, changes will be made. Oleg got the message... can we just all get along? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Read this:

Current test:

Manifold model for all
Bf-109 weights and speeds (after G2)
P-39 weights and speeds
Bf-109 controls toughness
Soften RPM restriction and overheating for Bf-109

Take a deep breath... FM adjustments will be included into free addon /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif which is right around the corner.



Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 07:15 AM
I feel better.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 07:30 AM
what about LA7? please dont tell me its in my head,, that thing is a UFO not only that but it never needs to get into a overheat situation to obtain uber speeds and such

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 08:05 AM
patch? what patch?

www.fighterjocks.net (http://www.fighterjocks.net) home of the 11 time Champions Team AFJ. 6 Years Flying. Semper Invictus! <img src ="http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_120_1064715546.jpg">

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 08:18 AM
crazyivan
I am with you,but i think they won't listen!

<center> 335th_GRViper
http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr


http://www.hellenic-sqn.gr/Images/33.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Wow,you are a bearer of great things crazyivan1970/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Cant wait!!

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 04:29 PM
For whatever reason people decided that 1.11 is final and started a friggin storm here... Those who really cared sent out e-mails with their tests, data, proves...etc and THANKS TO THEM, things are changing.
I wonder who`s going to fly P-39 now /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

Hunter82
10-02-2003, 04:41 PM
The guys who were good in them in IL2 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

=======================================
Ubisoft IL2/Lock On Moderator
ATI Catalyst Driver Beta Tester
Hunter82 wrote:"I did not have technical relations with that question"
Mudmovers (http://www.mudmovers.com/) </center>
=======================================
http://www.brunching.com/images/hellweather.gif (http://www.brunching.com/toys/hellweather.html)

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 04:47 PM
That would make 10 of them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Well 1.2, or what ever number it is given, better be as close to "perfection" as possible because that is the LAST patch for FB.


http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/west-battleline.jpg



"Only a dead 'chamber pot' is a good 'chamber pot'!"

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 05:17 PM
But if any FM is still very wrong, not a tiny little bit wrong, they shall correct it in the paid add-on. It's not gonna be a patch tecnically, though /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/damned/reincarnation.jpg (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/damned/)
Are you damned? (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/damned/)
<

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:06 PM
MiloMorai wrote:
- Well 1.2, or what ever number it is given, better be
- as close to "perfection" as possible because that is
- the LAST patch for FB.
-
-

Why do you think it will be the last one Milo? You know something i don`t? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:09 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:

-
- Why do you think it will be the last one Milo? You
- know something i don`t?
-

OM has said it is the last.


http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/west-battleline.jpg



"Only a dead 'chamber pot' is a good 'chamber pot'!"

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
The beta was leaked again I take it. Why am I not suprised /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Can you elaborate a bit on the new manifold model.Is this for all planes?Just curious as to what you mean by this.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:30 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- For whatever reason people decided that 1.11 is
- final and started a friggin storm here... Those who
- really cared sent out e-mails with their tests,
- data, proves...etc and THANKS TO THEM, things are
- changing.


Exactly. Once again it's the folks who actually do something instead of just whining on the boards who get the results, even if it does require time and patience. Self-evident from the beginning, surely? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 06:43 PM
"Exactly. Once again it's the folks who actually do something instead of just whining on the boards who get the results, even if it does require time and patience. Self-evident from the beginning,surely? "

Oh.

Fancy that. What was THIS forum for again?

"For whatever reason people decided that 1.11 is
final"

Now what the hell gave them THAT idea? Silly buggers...

"Those who really cared sent out e-mails with their tests,data, proves..."

Jeez I must be a friggin idiot.

"THANKS TO THEM"

Them are pretty wonderful...

So when's the next sermon? Gets these chainz o'fa mah feets so ai's can DANCE!!!!

HAYLELUYA!

PA-RAIZE BE!



http://www.triplane.net/remlink/misfits_cirx.JPG

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Did it hit the nerve Cirx? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif You losing your cool brotha /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Trust me on this fellas...its the bunch of people that come here and whine that have gotten Oleg on his feet.So a couple of people webnt further and set up charts and stuff and emailed Oleg.Huh,what do you think he is an idiot????Come on he knew that the FM's were off and he's fixing because everyone he that complains.That said I appreciate all the effort the techheads go thru to get things right and they play a super part in it but its all in the majority and they are the whiners be them Luftwhiners or not
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 08:49 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Did it hit the nerve Cirx? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif You losing your cool brotha
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-
- Regards,
- VFC*Crazyivan
- http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif
-
- "No matter how good the violin may be, much depends
- on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy
- pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub
-

What nerve?

I was trying to be nice and not say straight up what I thought of the initial post.Just was having a wee laugh at you, thats all.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

S!





http://www.triplane.net/remlink/misfits_cirx.JPG

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 09:32 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:

- I wonder who`s going to fly P-39 now

Me. Still.

I started with it in IL-2 and have never left. I recently (within the last 2-3 weeks) have started moving from the N1 to the Q1 because I like the four .50s better, but no matter how it changes from patch to patch, I never quit flying it.

It's always been one of my favorite aircraft, and it's not that hard to adjust to the changes from oner version to another. Within a day or two tops I'm right back at the same level of performance as I was before.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 09:33 PM
You don`t have to be nice, say as is. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Honesty much appriciated sir. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Allow me to add one more thing... I was about to post something like "Why Maddox left ORR" including about 30-40 rather disrespectfull comments by members of this community towards him and his group collected JUST from first two pages of ORR. But you know what, i was too ashamed that such garbige will be piled up in the same post. Just a thought....

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Probably not much point Crazy one; people who think that Maddox is under a contractual obligation to listen to and accept insults from them would just think you are flaming them!

But the real shame is that ORR could now just be an off-shoot of GD, and maybe only because Maddox has been insulted by some of the things he has read here. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Im stydno!


http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif


She turned me into a newt, but I got better.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Well, I laughed! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Still stand by my comments though.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:40 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- You don`t have to be nice, say as is. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Honesty much appriciated sir.
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
-
- Allow me to add one more thing... I was about to
- post something like "Why Maddox left ORR" including
- about 30-40 rather disrespectfull comments by
- members of this community towards him and his group
- collected JUST from first two pages of ORR. But you
- know what, i was too ashamed that such garbige will
- be piled up in the same post. Just a thought....
-
- Regards,
- VFC*Crazyivan

Well, while I agree that there are some individuals who are very rude and have abused the purposes of this forum, the behavior of those individuals does not justify abandoning the original purpose of the forum. Mr. Maddox is 1. an adult and 2. a business man. I think he has thicker skin than that. If he's not posting here or responding to customer feedback, it's because he either doesn't have the time or doesn't see the financial benefit of devoting his time to this product rather than other pursuits (nothing wrong with that). I seriously doubt that it is because he had his "feelings" hurt by some "naughty" people. And even if this behavior was the cause of his absence, then the proper course of action would not be to just walk away, but rather to either aggressively eliminate that type of behavior (lock, delete, or ban) or shut down the forum entirely.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 10:56 PM
A.K.Davis wrote:

- Well, while I agree that there are some individuals
- who are very rude and have abused the purposes of
- this forum, the behavior of those individuals does
- not justify abandoning the original purpose of the
- forum. Mr. Maddox is 1. an adult and 2. a business
- man. I think he has thicker skin than that. If
- he's not posting here or responding to customer
- feedback, it's because he either doesn't have the
- time or doesn't see the financial benefit of
- devoting his time to this product rather than other
- pursuits (nothing wrong with that). I seriously
- doubt that it is because he had his "feelings" hurt
- by some "naughty" people. And even if this behavior
- was the cause of his absence, then the proper course
- of action would not be to just walk away, but rather
- to either aggressively eliminate that type of
- behavior (lock, delete, or ban) or shut down the
- forum entirely.
-
---AKD

I am not saying that this is exactly what happened.. I think, and that is only my opinion, that it`s a good part of it. People are failing to realize that Maddox is not obligated to anything...neither to post here, listen to us , argue with us. It`s not his job, it was his pesonal desire to stay in touch with this community. How nice and unique it was...wasn`t it... WAS.

V!

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 11:37 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Patch is in works, changes will be made. Oleg got
- the message... can we just all get along? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-
- Read this:
-
- Current test:
-
- Manifold model for all
- Bf-109 weights and speeds (after G2)
- P-39 weights and speeds
- Bf-109 controls toughness
- Soften RPM restriction and overheating for Bf-109
-
- Take a deep breath... FM adjustments will be
- included into free addon

If this is true then all i have to say is /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
And if la7 stop being UFO then /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 11:51 PM
CrazyIvan wrote:
- I am not saying that this is exactly what happened..
- I think, and that is only my opinion, that it`s a
- good part of it. People are failing to realize that
- Maddox is not obligated to anything...neither to
- post here, listen to us , argue with us. It`s not
- his job, it was his pesonal desire to stay in touch
- with this community. How nice and unique it
- was...wasn`t it... WAS.

I agree precisely with CrazyIvan here.

ORR and the other Ubi forums have a reputation that extends out to other forums, even among people who've never been here. Oleg hasn't just heard about it, he has been the target of sustained and repeated attacks for a couple of years. If I was in the same position I'd consider it a write-off as well. Probably anyone Oleg needs to hear from already has his email address - and to be honest if I was conferring with Butch2k and other real, live, actual historians over a lot of this data, I don't think I'd put a lot of weight in what I read here. People who Oleg wants to talk to are talking to him, and if he only drops by here to beat people around the head then that says more about the level of discussion taking place here than anything else.

I don't know how to fix what's wrong with ORR - maybe other than using it as some kind of public, moderated list, where suggestions can be discussed in GD before being moved to this forum by a mod. That's about the only way I can conceive of it ever going back to being useful for Maddox. Like a public bug/suggestion list where 1c can reply to these issues and explain what's happening with them and then leave it at that.

The receipt that the store gives a customer entitles them to a return of the product. It does not entitle them to the ear of the developer, much less the right to fill that ear up with spit and bile. Could be enough to make a guy hard of hearing..

Wait, did someone say something?


http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 03:18 AM
I wonder how any of us can be so authoritative about the performance of WW2 aircraft that were in the field, flown by pilots of varying ability, training and experience and maintained by mechanics of different levels of experience and training? Add in problems with petroleum quality and supply and then factor in differences in tactical doctrine.

Is there really any way that we even know what an accurate flight model for various fighters in combat might be? At best, Oleg and team are making an educated guess.

I just enjoy flying the sim and flying the plane that I feel comfortable with on a given night. Sometimes I'm the hunter but more often than not I'm the target./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Thanks Oleg and crew for a sim that has given me many, many hours of fun for almost two years!

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 06:10 AM
BinaryFalcon wrote:
-
- crazyivan1970 wrote:
-
-- I wonder who`s going to fly P-39 now
-
- Me. Still.
-
- I started with it in IL-2 and have never left. I
- recently (within the last 2-3 weeks) have started
- moving from the N1 to the Q1 because I like the four
- .50s better, but no matter how it changes from patch
- to patch, I never quit flying it.
-
- It's always been one of my favorite aircraft, and
- it's not that hard to adjust to the changes from
- oner version to another. Within a day or two tops
- I'm right back at the same level of performance as I
- was before.

Oh...Let's see what happen to your prefer if P-51 become flyable.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Posted by crazyivan1970:

"How nice and unique it was...wasn`t it... WAS."

Ah, who's showing the nerve jitter now?

Stop trying to "rub-it-in" Ivan, it's useless, believe me. There is only one person who can make the whining stop or reduce it to bearable levels.

Why do you think it isn't foremostly about the factual FM data anymore but mostly *political* by nature? Because we're dealing with politicalised FM's that's why. An who put the politics in those FM's in the first place? Right.

That and that alone is the reason why the debates aren't what they *should* be about: flying and flight models, but about "tactical anomalies". (trying not to use the b*** word here) And unless things change drastically, that's how they are going to stay I'm afraid.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 08:05 PM
Then why don't people just take the "biased" airplanes and ban them? I mean... They did the same with the Me-262. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg


Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 09:14 PM
What's irritating to me is that there are three or four "You is wrong" threads at once about the same topic, while more mundane requests over issues that aren't dead (such as the stupid 190 bar - quit posting about it, you got your answer) vanish under all the garbage.

During the "open beta" of the patch, rather than attack the FM/DM issues, there were a few that were looking at actual mechanical issues, such as sound, and were actually testing different settings and looking for workarounds to possibly guide the solution to them.

I really do wish that the mods would delete responses that were nothing more than juvenile rants. You have to wade through page after page of "you commie b*stard, I hate you" junk to get to the real educational stuff.

I also suspect that a great many experts on the FM don't actually fly the sim other than to do flight testing to prove it's wrong.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 09:27 PM
I see no mention of bringing the performance of the La7 into some historical perspective though, Ivan.

Is that going to happen too along with the other changes you mention? I have my reasons for thinking this won't be the case.

I realize that it was one of the finest planes flown on the Eastern Front, but all the information I've ever read about it just doesn't describe it as having the performance we get in FB. And some sources are pretty credible with access to NII-VVS performance tests.





<CENTER>http://home.cogeco.ca/~jkinley/FB_JG27.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 09:41 PM
BA_Dart wrote:
- What's irritating to me is that there are three or
- four "You is wrong" threads at once about the same
- topic, while more mundane requests over issues that
- aren't dead (such as the stupid 190 bar - quit
- posting about it, you got your answer) vanish under
- all the garbage.
-
- During the "open beta" of the patch, rather than
- attack the FM/DM issues, there were a few that were
- looking at actual mechanical issues, such as sound,
- and were actually testing different settings and
- looking for workarounds to possibly guide the
- solution to them.
-
- I really do wish that the mods would delete
- responses that were nothing more than juvenile
- rants. You have to wade through page after page of
- "you commie b*stard, I hate you" junk to get to the
- real educational stuff.
-
- I also suspect that a great many experts on the FM
- don't actually fly the sim other than to do flight
- testing to prove it's wrong.
-

I'm glad you raised that point BA_Dart about the FW view. There is alot of new information out there that has come out since Oleg gave that answer. That is why the topic is still being addressed. If it was the same evidence that was used prior being stated over and over again then I would be in full agreement with you. However, its not.........Just as in the FMs, there have been statements made that they are correct and then after new evidence supported an error they were corrected - common sense. I'm not going to argue here, just to defend what some people and myself are doing, thats all. Also, there has been no Oleg bashing whatsoever. On the other hand there have been numerous statements made in support of the sim.

Thanks for the info CrazyIvan, appreciate it.
-

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Airborn_ wrote:
- Posted by crazyivan1970:
-
- "How nice and unique it was...wasn`t it... WAS."
-
- Ah, who's showing the nerve jitter now?
-
- Stop trying to "rub-it-in" Ivan, it's useless,
- believe me. There is only one person who can make
- the whining stop or reduce it to bearable levels.
-
- Why do you think it isn't foremostly about the
- factual FM data anymore but mostly *political* by
- nature? Because we're dealing with politicalised
- FM's that's why. An who put the politics in those
- FM's in the first place? Right.
-
- That and that alone is the reason why the debates
- aren't what they *should* be about: flying and
- flight models, but about "tactical anomalies".
- (trying not to use the b*** word here) And unless
- things change drastically, that's how they are going
- to stay I'm afraid.
-
-
-

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Airborn, my nerve is OK. Just stating facts. Any discussion could be conducted in the respectful manner. And "some" people instead of shouting offencive crap should shut their mouth and listen to those who`s doing their homework. Some members of this fine community turned FM`s in FB into political BS if you wanna call it that. Obviously the "only one person" that could stop it not a big fan of that, especially when it`s based on direct insults. You with me so far? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Am i making any sense?

Regards,
VFC*Crazyivan
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/ivan-reaper.gif

"No matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down." Ivan Kozhedub

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 12:29 AM
I've heard through reliable sources that at least one aspect of the La-7 is going to be addressed. Apparently with all the other weight issues at hand, the extra weight for the 3rd 20mm MG wasn't accounted for, so the turning radius is going to be extended.

That being said, I don't know of anything else being done. I'm merely a fly on the wall.

<html>
<body>
<p align="center"><a href="http://www.ghostskies.net">http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/crash2.gif
</body>
</html>

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 04:21 AM
WereSnowleopard wrote:

- Oh...Let's see what happen to your prefer if P-51
- become flyable.


I'll definitely check it out, just as I do with all of the new flyable stuff, but I doubt I'll actually switch.

IMO, the Mustang is a bit too specialized for my tastes when it comes to full time use. It's a great escort, high altitude B&Z aircraft, but down low when things get turning it's probably not going to do so well.

That's what I like about the '39. It's fairly well balanced with respect to what it can and can't do. As long as you don't take it above about 3,500m, it'll do just about anything you ask of it (as long as you ask nicely. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ), and it'll do it acceptably well.

It's by no means the best at any particular thing, but if I have no idea what I'll be facing, I'd rather be in a P-39 than most anything else, because I know it can handle pretty much anything reasonably well.

It's not the best for turning, but it's better than some.
It's not the best for firepower, but that cannon makes it a threat.
It's not the fastest thing out there, but it's generally fast enough.
It's not the toughest plane, but it's not exactly fragile either.

I've really yet to find any other aircraft in the sim that I feel is as adaptable or well rounded as the P-39. I took the time and learned how to fly and fight with it, and I don't try to take it places it really doesn't want to be (eg, high altitude).

That said, I am looking forward to the P-51, and I do expect to spend some time in it, but I'll mostly be sticking to my Cobra, I suspect.

The Zero might be enough to pull me away, but we'll see. I'd expect it to have some very nice performance, but it'll be fairly fragile, and I'm definitely looking forward to the P-38, which I expect to be very nice overall, but a much bigger and heavier (and therefore less nimble) target than the planes I'm used to.

For the most part though, I like them all. Sometimes I'll go dogfight in an IL-2, or I'll buzz around in a P11 vs 109s, P39s and La-7s, and I really enjoy the I-153 for tight dogfights and AAA destruction.

But at the end of the day, I always seem to end up back in my P39. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 04:43 AM
Posted by crazyivan1970:

"especially when it`s based on direct insults. You with me so far?"

Some would consider being called a Luftwhiner an insult. "He" is amongst the persons that did the deed as well. I can't recall calling him any names. You with me so far? Am I making myself clear?

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 07:29 AM
Brilliant, get em to behave by telling em to 'Shadd Uppp!'. Yep, works every time, don't it.

Makes great hay for someone throwing matches though, chalk another notch up on that./i/smilies/16x16_robot-wink.gif

Even Oleg appreciates the hand I bet.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 05:07 AM
Well, the p39 and p40 seem to be reversed

1. the p40 isn't very stable imo

2. the p40 roll rate is slow

if you reverse those two I think you'll get a better picture:

1. p39, less stable, more prone to spin, slower roll rate
2. p40, faster roll, more stable, less prone to spin


granted p40 is still slower, etc...

S!
609IAP_Recon

Forgotten Wars Virtual War
Forum: http://fogwar.luftwaffe.net/forums/index.php
Website: http://forgottenwars.dyndns.org
Visit 609IAP at http://takeoff.to/609IAP

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg

Agnus Dei, Qui Tollis peccata mundi, Miserere nobis. Dona nobis pacem

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 01:09 PM
crazyivan1970 wrote:
- Patch is in works, changes will be made. Oleg got
- the message... can we just all get along? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-
- Read this:
-
- Current test:
-
- Manifold model for all
- Bf-109 weights and speeds (after G2)
- P-39 weights and speeds
- Bf-109 controls toughness
- Soften RPM restriction and overheating for Bf-109
-
- Take a deep breath... FM adjustments will be
- included into free addon /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif