PDA

View Full Version : hearing planes near you

Von_Rat
09-16-2005, 10:42 AM
i thought this was fixed, but ive been talking to quite a few people who are reporting being able to hear other aircraft near them.

i myself can't and i like it that way.

Von_Rat
09-16-2005, 10:42 AM
i thought this was fixed, but ive been talking to quite a few people who are reporting being able to hear other aircraft near them.

i myself can't and i like it that way.

F19_Ob
09-16-2005, 12:34 PM
I can hear planes if they pass very close, but not hear them behind, exept if my engine is off.

I've also heard that others clearly can hear planes far behind.
Wonder if different soundcards or settings have anything to do with it?

rnzoli
09-16-2005, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Ob:
I can hear planes if they pass very close, but not hear them behind, exept if my engine is off.

I've also heard that others clearly can hear planes far behind.
Wonder if different soundcards or settings have anything to do with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Someone told me earlier that its a server setting called 'extraocclusion', which can be ON or OFF.

LeadSpitter_
09-16-2005, 04:41 PM
I definatly can still hear all enemy ac engines around the area with headphones, and still hear engines and gunfiring sounds any alt over a destroyed enemy aircraft. It has never been fixed and I dont think can be.

It does seem lower then it use to but can still hear a enemy ac very far out and me262 engine even further.

carguy_
09-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Once I got Nforce chip I turned sound hardware all the way up but I hear planes when they`re close.
Not that my engine isn`t making the most noise,it is.I hardly hear anything else than my plane`s sounds.

If you turn down sound hardware acceleration in dxdiag you can hear everything around you in IL2.
I did so couple of times and I found myself very disoriented in combat.

TC_Stele
09-16-2005, 06:33 PM
yup, can hear it, and if you have trackir or use the mouse to turn your view you can hear it a little better... especially if you've got a rear gunner spot.

Kuna15
09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
I can also hear the sounds of engines, and guns. Sometimes I hear MK108 miles away... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x__CRASH__x
09-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Yup, I can hear them when they are close. Sometimes it saves me from a bounce.

LeadSpitter_
09-17-2005, 02:14 AM
the worst is the p47s always makes you green apple splatter your jeans thinking its a 190.

carguy_
09-17-2005, 04:44 AM
Yeah,happened to me when a La5 came gun blazing from above.I got shot down because I didn`t bother to ID him.

willyvic
09-17-2005, 07:43 AM
And to stir the pot a bit, is this a bug, exploit, or cheat?

Come on now, you knew it would come to this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

jurinko
09-17-2005, 08:02 AM
The reason is, the engine sound comes only from the front/rear (Cobra) instead of coming from all cockpit directions as it did in old IL-2. Only P-38 and Me-110 are better as they have two engines filling both ears with noise. The sound engine sucks in this.