PDA

View Full Version : Dgen question.

major_setback
09-21-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry to bring up this old question, but it's been a long time since I updated Dgen (last time was way before '1946'). I have 4.08m.

I'm a bit confused by the info on enjoyr's links and the 'nuggets' thread. I have BoE and a patch for that installed to allow me to fly Spits with the RAF (an official BoE patch that is).
Confusion 1:
I see on enjoyr's downloads that there is a dgen update called "enjoyr patch for no add ons"link (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1972). Can't this be used if I have add-ons (like BoE)? or does it mean that I can use it even if I have no add ons?
Confusion 2 and 3 etc:
On this link here (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2125541&page=1&fpart=1) it states "download your version and run patch A and patch B" (third line down). My version of what? Isn't it just Dgen v2.7 I download? and if so is this divided into patch A and patch B, or must these then be applied after instaling the new Dgen? If so where do I get them?

major_setback
09-21-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry to bring up this old question, but it's been a long time since I updated Dgen (last time was way before '1946'). I have 4.08m.

I'm a bit confused by the info on enjoyr's links and the 'nuggets' thread. I have BoE and a patch for that installed to allow me to fly Spits with the RAF (an official BoE patch that is).
Confusion 1:
I see on enjoyr's downloads that there is a dgen update called "enjoyr patch for no add ons"link (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1972). Can't this be used if I have add-ons (like BoE)? or does it mean that I can use it even if I have no add ons?
Confusion 2 and 3 etc:
On this link here (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2125541&page=1&fpart=1) it states "download your version and run patch A and patch B" (third line down). My version of what? Isn't it just Dgen v2.7 I download? and if so is this divided into patch A and patch B, or must these then be applied after instaling the new Dgen? If so where do I get them?

Skycat_2
09-21-2007, 07:12 AM
To be brief, Enjoyr has several versions of his 'Patch A' and each is based on a combination of add-ons or no add-ons at all. I think there is one for 1946+BOE. There is a Mission4Today page that lists all the combination patches, plus you you can easily find Enjoyr's own thread at SimHQ's IL-2 forum.

I'd try to find the 'plus BOE' patch series if possible because it contains all the official and Starshoy BOE updates plus a few user-made campaigns that are based on the BOE templates and briefings. Also, Enjoyr has renamed various campaigns that previously conflicted with each other so that you can essentially have as many as possible in your game's DGen folder.

Skycat_2
09-21-2007, 07:17 AM
On the link in your post, go to the bottom of Enoyr's post and look at download #7, the one for BOE.

Included in the download is Enjoyr's patch v2.7 (or whatever the current version is this week), the most recent version of DGen.exe--you'll have to put that into your game folder manually--and some other items. I think you'll have to download the skin packs separately; there are three of them if you want them all. Take a look at my "updating 1946" link for a basic outline of how to install the Enjoyr patches.

major_setback
09-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I see on enjoyr's download page at M4 today that there is a download marked " enjoyr patch for BoE v2.7".
Is that all I would need to get my Dgen up to date, or will that only take care of the BoE stuff? Sorry for asking but the enjoyr patches have ambigious names.

major_setback
09-21-2007, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
On the link in your post, go to the bottom of Enoyr's post and look at download #7, the one for BOE.

Included in the download is Enjoyr's patch v2.7 (or whatever the current version is this week), the most recent version of DGen.exe--you'll have to put that into your game folder manually--and some other items. I think you'll have to download the skin packs separately; there are three of them if you want them all. Take a look at my "updating 1946" link for a basic outline of how to install the Enjoyr patches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i think we posted at the same time. I will try that patch, but I'm still unsure if I get all I need.
Thanks.