PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Assassins

guipit
09-05-2010, 08:35 AM
In this demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9G0jAj9YWY and a few other demos I've seen the devs always talk how Ezio saves citizens and convinces them to become assassins. I'd like to know if this is the only way you'll be able to recruit assassins because if it is it'd be pretty lame.

I've replayed AC2 again and I think the thieves (the ones you tackle to get money) would be good candidates for recruitment.

I want to see more diversity in how you recruit assassins. How about a stall owner who's stall is being destroyed or a man who's wife died because of some scuffle with the guards.

JohnConnor2012
09-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Ubi do need prompting to increase variety in the AC series. Remember how stereotyped the AC1 missions were - exactly the same number and type of missions in each area of each city. AC2 improved that, though there seemed a suspicious number of threesomes (as in 'kill three groups of guards' to proceed with mission), though I'm pretty sure that there is going to be only one way to recruit asassins in ACB, the one we've been shown already.

Don't get me wrong: this is still a step up, but I suspect for all the talk of customisation, they're going to be pretty generic too, varied mainly on what equipment you buy them (from EXPT sliders) and costume colour.

Kind of interested as to how they're going to gain experience early on. From the video, it looks like you need three or more assassins to have a 55% chance of success on even basic missions, so starting out might actually prove a little challenging.

SBRedFlag
09-05-2010, 09:02 AM
The missions probably get harder as your assassin's level up, so they must start out easy.

And Ubi HAS said that there will be more than one way to recruit assassins. But how many more, I don't know.

guipit
09-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm also concerned with the number of assassins shown in the video. 12!? what kind of brotherhood is that? MGS Peacewalker had hundreds of soldiers and it was on the PSP. I understand since ACB the assassins now actually have different faces but let's make it more than 12 maybe 40 or 50 would be enough.

magesupermaster
09-05-2010, 09:06 AM
The developers said that for now, the maximum number will be twelve.

JJTHoukes
09-05-2010, 11:03 AM
And those 12 Assassins isn't the entire brotherhood. It's just those that are avaiable to you. In reality, there would be many more.
And then there are those that might not be in the brotherhood, but are part of the Assassins. Like Antonio and the Nun that runs a bordello. And Mario. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AAaaaaand, Ezio had to start over. He lost most if not all of his Brotherhood's members in the siege on Monterigionne. So he has to recruit all the new members himself.
Maybe the number of assassins could 'grow' over a time period? Meaning that in the start of the game, 1499, he could only have two other people to support him. Then in 1502, 5.. and so on.

WackoJacko_7
09-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:

Kind of interested as to how they're going to gain experience early on. From the video, it looks like you need three or more assassins to have a 55% chance of success on even basic missions, so starting out might actually prove a little challenging.

It was 3 assassin's only getting 55% on that contract but it was a five star contract, i bet its going to start of at 1 star or even half a star.
So when you start of and send just your first assassin of he'll probs have a 70%, thats just what i guess.

rob.davies2014
09-05-2010, 03:43 PM
There are shots of Ezio overlooking the crucifiction of 3 people in the Colosseum. Maybe he rescues them and then they join?

windofpepsi
09-05-2010, 06:11 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif No desmond is looking even deeper int his past i remember somewhere saying that assassins were in rome and also theyre older than Darius (2000 B.C. +)

JohnConnor2012
09-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Cosmic.

bearsbball11
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by windofpepsi:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif No desmond is looking even deeper int his past i remember somewhere saying that assassins were in rome and also theyre older than Darius (2000 B.C. +)
Haha what does this have to do with recruiting assassins?

windofpepsi
09-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
There are shots of Ezio overlooking the crucifiction of 3 people in the Colosseum. Maybe he rescues them and then they join?
that messeage ,the assassin was at jerusalem and that was probaly jesus

EzioAssassin51
09-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by windofpepsi:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
that messeage ,the assassin was at jerusalem and that was probaly jesus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

STOP SPAMMING!

It clearly wasn't if it's in the Colosseum and it's in 1503 when Jesus is dead! Jesus wasn't the only one to be ever crucified!

Anyway, @Thy - I believe there will probably be like 3 - 5 to being with but i think spots will open as Borgia Towers are destroyed (because if you watch in some videos, darkened spots have a Borgia Tower in the Corner of them!)

AnthonyA85
09-06-2010, 08:10 PM
That crucifixtion is most likely a re-enactment, since, it Italy, (or at least the roman empire) it was abolished in 337 AD i think, acording to wikipedia