PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire of the Vanities...Any better the Forli?

SteelCity999
02-18-2010, 01:52 PM
For those of us on a PS3 who don't have access to the DLC yet, I ask everyone else who has access to it and have played it...How good is it?

Unholy2012
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM
While I haven't completed it, I am playing it right now. I think I'm about halfway through. It's far better than Forli. Forli focused more on direct combat, whereas this one seems more focussed on carefully planned assassinations.

Some of them are real hard...its fun.

Foppezao
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
SO far it looks pretty good! it seems as if they changed the lighting in Firenze, it reminds me of Acre[must be cause of the fires], lots of fightings between savonarola and Borgia's men..so far nice missions[templair lairs] and i have yet to discover the jump pads...

Captain Tomatoz
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
just completed it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif its more challenging than the battle of forli. And its makes you think alot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pitalla
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
does it have achievements?

swgindy
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Like Unholy and Tony... it's more thought planning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Probably liked this DLC more than Forli for that reason. Both were still good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hurri211
02-18-2010, 03:12 PM
foppezao: The "jumps-pads" aren't really jump pads at all. They're jutting out of some buildings in the southern half of Firenze and help you get from one side of the street to the other. I'm guessing they're an alternative to the ropes across buildings in other parts of the cities.

PS I have to agree with what everyone has said. much better than Forli. I've only done 3 missions, and in all it's taken neally all the time it took me to complete Forli http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jimbo11235813
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
It's very fun. The best memory sequence IMO. Bit disappointed with the sprint jump, but seeing as it was the same price as the other DLC, this is a small complaint.

Much more challenging and worth the money.

If your getting the lairs, make sure you download the right game pack, it should say something like "Bonfires of the Vanities and the 3 Secret Locations/Templar Lairs" or something like that. People have been complaining about that.

SneakyStabz
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Im guessing the answer is no but Im going to go ahead and ask anyway... Can you replay the DLC2 with out having to replay the whole game? Does it include a "special memory" of the stage coach ride like DLC1 and the flying machine? Any new weapons, armor or stuff like that? Im assuming the new "secret locations" are replayable and can be entered like any other part of the city?

Bampire
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Tony6593:
just completed it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif its more challenging than the battle of forli. And its makes you think alot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Thinking is awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wonderglue
02-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Can you use the Spring Jump in all cities or just the section that the DLC takes place? I'm still waiting for the PC version,but i'm curious about it.

Abeonis
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Wonderglue:
Can you use the Spring Jump in all cities or just the section that the DLC takes place? I'm still waiting for the PC version,but i'm curious about it.

Oltrarno - the new district - is the only area that has the required springs. So no, you can't use the spring jump elsewhere, unless Ubi add springs throughout the cities.

Wonderglue
02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wonderglue:

Oltrarno - the new district - is the only area that has the required springs. So no, you can't use the spring jump elsewhere, unless Ubi add springs throughout the cities. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn i was hoping to use it everywhere. It would be awesome. Thanks for the info.

Also how is the lighting different and is it permanent?

Matt_156
02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
did they change the lighting for night-time cycle? it seems much deeper to me and it just generally looks amazing. it's been a few weeks since i've played but the night-lighting def. looks darker, more realistic.

mantledarcanum
02-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm excited that Ezio can finally jump in a straight line!

For the Port Authority mission, how'd you guys do it?

spyrochick101
02-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Sup everyone? I just finished BOTV and its MUCH better than Forli. The lighting goes back to normal after the sequence is done. Some missions to me were really annoying. But I had to regain some patience ;p Sometimes I let the target come to me if he was walking around, then I'd come out and be like SURPRISE!!! All in all I did really enjoy it. Now I can finally complete everything in the DNA thing.

TwinIltani
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by aquarianfae:

Oh jeez, that one was fun. I air assassinated the two guards on the ground, then timed throwing knives on the guy on the walkway so that nobody would see his corpse hitting water. Jumped into water, climbed up to the ship, ledge assassinated two guards that were walking around in the elevated part, then double bladed the ones standing closer to the center. Finished it off with an air assassination on the target. Then hauled ***, because whoever was left didn't take kindly to the carnage.

I haven't finished the DLC yet, but I am liking the hell out of it. It's a huge improvement over Battle of Forli, and so far it actually requires some thinking instead of just running in blindly and slaughtering everyone.

Ubi didn't disappoint much this time, although the audio glitches are mildly annoying.

TwinIltani
02-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by TwinIltani:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aquarianfae:

SPOILERS

Oh jeez, that one was fun. I air assassinated the two guards on the ground, then timed throwing knives on the guy on the walkway so that nobody would see his corpse hitting water. Jumped into water, climbed up to the ship, ledge assassinated two guards that were walking around in the elevated part, then double bladed the ones standing closer to the center. Finished it off with an air assassination on the target. Then hauled ***, because whoever was left didn't take kindly to the carnage.

END SPOILERS

I haven't finished the DLC yet, but I am liking the hell out of it. It's a huge improvement over Battle of Forli, and so far it actually requires some thinking instead of just running in blindly and slaughtering everyone.

Ubi didn't disappoint much this time, although the audio glitches are mildly annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TwinIltani
02-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Whoops, double post...

ijr2009
02-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I could just cry. I never buy microsoft points but i did for this. I then bought both DLCS but forgot to get the one with the extra maps. Now i dont have the points to buy the dlc with the maps and I'll never get the 100% sync. and i doubt they'll just package the maps on their own either. curse you ubi for not just having one dlc for chapter 13 and the 3 maps! I would have paid for it. I just didn't think out of sheer excitement. I could just cry.

SWJS
02-19-2010, 02:07 AM
I only have one gripe: there were two seperate BOTV downloads, one with the TLs, and one without. I accidentally bought the one without the Shipyard, but luckily I had a 4000 pont card, so I easily fixed it.

As for the DLC itself, it IS a far better improvement over Forli. However, much to my disappointment, DLC2 didn't add replayable missions and such. Still, it has 12 missions, 9 of which are assassinations. The assassinations are pretty diverse, and a few are guarenteed to keep you busy for a while, adding to the length. It's quite fun, and while the Spring Jump isn't available outside of the new ditrict, it's extremely fun and it's very humorous to watch Ezio leap off one and flail is arms and legs. I did feel that the story for this one was lacking though, but it was fun over all and I enjoyed it, despite taking an hour to figure out one of the assassinations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

And with the templar lairs, it's a great value. The shipyard was new and fresh, and was another extra bit of fun and challenge. So yeah, I enjoyed it. The missions were definately a step up from Battle of Forli.

Foppezao
02-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
I only have one gripe: there were two seperate BOTV downloads, one with the TLs, and one without. I accidentally bought the one without the Shipyard, but luckily I had a 4000 pont card, so I easily fixed it.

As for the DLC itself, it IS a far better improvement over Forli. However, much to my disappointment, DLC2 didn't add replayable missions and such. Still, it has 12 missions, 9 of which are assassinations. The assassinations are pretty diverse, and a few are guarenteed to keep you busy for a while, adding to the length. It's quite fun, and while the Spring Jump isn't available outside of the new ditrict, it's extremely fun and it's very humorous to watch Ezio leap off one and flail is arms and legs. I did feel that the story for this one was lacking though, but it was fun over all and I enjoyed it, despite taking an hour to figure out one of the assassinations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

And with the templar lairs, it's a great value. The shipyard was new and fresh, and was another extra bit of fun and challenge. So yeah, I enjoyed it. The missions were definately a step up from Battle of Forli.

totally agree with you here, while battle of forle was a walk in the park for 1 hour some assassinations in bonfires really were braincracking, the best stealth missions in the game...i also thought they put more effort in the lighting, clouds and textures overall, especially the fires at night actually reminds me of FLorence how it it is nowadays, if you look down on the city from lets say the duomo[in the present] with all the roofs, lighting poles and traffic, they gave that same atmosphere in the last DLC...

younas456
02-19-2010, 08:04 AM
im so sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i haven't finished battle of forli... i dont have internet access so cant play it that sucks!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

spyrochick101
02-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Bonfires was much better than Forli, but ya my head hurt after I finished it. Some did take planning. But others like:

SPOILER
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">the guard captain</span>
END SPOILER
was a real pain in the a** cuz he and his guards always kicked me off the whole building CONSTANTLY. I'd climb up get a few swings in, off I go again. IT WAS ANNOYING. And his archers always shooting at you. IMO he was the most difficult due to his guards always swarming you.

SteelCity999
02-19-2010, 10:26 AM
After having now played it, it is definitely better than Forli. Only a few things bugged me....

The Good
1)The assasination missions were some of the best in the entire game as everyone has mentioned. I wish you would be able to be notorious by default more in the whole game....for instance the more you kill the more your base notoriousness goes up so you can never get back to zero until the end. Anyway, they were fun and made you think.

2)The length was good for the price.

The Not so Good
1)You gave us no reason to explore the other florence district. No feathers, no treasure, no nothing. A waste of good city if you ask me much like giving us the flying machine in Forli but no mission to go with it.

2)You need to dance with the partner that got you to the ball....while the assassination missions were great Ubi, you did not stick to the formula that the rest of the game adhered to. No races, no couriers, no beat ups. You put in viewpoints so we could se what? Nothing.. Proof is the the DNA strand. Many little diamonds are still hollow which I would take as you once had them in the game and you never tied up this loose end when you didn't include. I guess you ran out of time for these as well. Its obvious Ubi.

I enjoyed this one much more and is well worth the money. Just please folks watch what you are choosing when purchasing...use the game to access the DLC and you will not be confused!

Foppezao
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Seeing the trailer, i havent seen the cutscene yet with Sforza? This was supposed to be after Ezio came conscious again right?[after being stabbed and loosing the apple]

Foppezao
02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I was just playing climbing the ranks, that alone was the most awesome mission in the game, mostly because it was very challenging..
btw is there anybody who has fully synched yet? in case what then?...

SteelCity999
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Absolutely nothing happens..other than waiting until Episodes comes out..

Matt_156
02-19-2010, 06:46 PM
much better than Forli. but wtf is up with the new fire graphics? the little bonfires look Sega Genesis quality.

spyrochick101
02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
this DLC with the secret locations gave me my missing Beat up mission and Courier mission. + 2/3 templar lairs I never got. So once I do those, I'll have every single thing in the DNA section complete. ^_^

I really did like Bonfires but some of the targets (how you had to kill them) ticked me off...annoying. But enjoyed it non the less.

Yes I agree the bonfire graphics could have been better, like the ending of the sequence. Not going to spoil.

gamertam
02-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Nice. I like it better than the first dlc. Thanks Ubisoft. So what are your plan for AC#3? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif may i ask?

Vex_Assassin
02-20-2010, 03:57 PM
btw is there anybody who has fully synched yet? in case what then?...
Yes, I've fully synched my AC2 game and it doesnt do anything. I did EVERYTHING you can do; treasures 330/330, all feathers, all view points, everything and I'm 100% in the database.

About the DLC now, I thought it was very fun and much much much better than the Battle of Forli. The Lairs were fun too.

Foppezao
02-21-2010, 01:59 PM
I am also 100% synched[no killings civilians unpunished either], to bad i couldnt let Savonarola burn to ashes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif[i was really looking forward to the scaffold thing]..but the strange thing is i completed the DLC and still people are burning books? must be a glitch, the air is clean again though...

TheDarkKnigg1
02-21-2010, 10:15 PM
I loved it. The port Authority mission was by far the hardest. I actually had to plan it and time everything correctly. I like the speech Ezio gave at the end.

I have 100% sync but i don't have all the feathers or treasures. I'm trying to find all of the feathers with no guide, i have 75 so far lol.

Grandmaster_Z
02-22-2010, 07:07 AM
million times better.

An_Idea
02-22-2010, 10:23 PM
i liked it a lot better, even though the missions werent as varied it was just fun to do what assassins do best and kill people in creative and thought out ways