PDA

View Full Version : Master Assassin's Edition

Boll316
11-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok so i call up gamestop to go preorder the master assassin's edition and they tell me they put a stop on any more preorders. So i'm screwed out of getting it and i really don't wanna pay 100$ just to get it. If i get it online i will end up having to wait and i really do not want to. Anyone know why all gamestops put a stop to them? I really want to get this edition and i don't wanna order it online.

Captain Tomatoz
11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

most online stores put a stop to pre-ordering because they get too much. so they are sold out of master assassin's edition http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Boll316
11-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Its really confusing kuz i called a few around me and they all stopped. One of the store managers at one of them was confused kuz he was gonna order his tomorrow like me. Really want to get the other disk with the game. Weird that the whole gamestop corp stopped preoreders on it.

Altaezio
11-03-2009, 10:32 AM
But Other people that previously ordered it will still get it right?.

Cuz if not imma go ezio auditore da firenzi on them b*t*hes

Boll316
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
no ya everything is fine for people that already preordered its just noone can anymore. Just really sucks i know game comes out soon but its something i really wanna get. idk any other way i can get the bonus content disk unless someone ripps it online which sucks btw i want it myself. Really dont wanna order it online.

Altaezio
11-03-2009, 10:37 AM
at some point all bonus content will come to all..says so in sum article..including bonus quests..the figurine is the only thing yuu'l hav to buy..prob off eBay or sumthn.

Boll316
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
point all bonus content will come to all..says so in sum article..including bonus quests..the figurine is the only thing yuu'l hav to buy..prob off eBay or sumthn.
Waiting for that to come out. Think about it gonna be like 6/8 months before. Dont really care for statue its cool in all but why did they stop. There is nothing on gamestop.com saying they wont take preorders anymore. and if i order it there its gonna cost up to 96/98$ and i don't have the money for that.

caswallawn_2k7
11-03-2009, 11:15 AM
the stores will of stopped as they get a much lower number of products in meaning once they hit their cap they have to stop taking pre-orders or people would be complaining they didn't get their pre-order, unlike the online store that will have a large number of the product come into a centralised location then they can ship them to the people allowing them to take much orders.

Phobos14
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
When I went last week, after thinking in my head i've waited to Lon I need to go, the guy at the store had to check if they were still taking orders for special editions. After making fun of me cause he thinks I just want the figurine he was reading soemthing under his breath which led me to believe that I came in at just the right time.

I am sorry to hear that those of you who tried to preorder aren't getting the chance anymore.

Have you tried Best Buy?

Boll316
11-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I can pre-order the game just not the master edition. Wonder if they will release the video on the other disk on youtube ever.

Account_Deleted
11-03-2009, 01:46 PM
another reason to conclude is,
they need numbers, so they need to know how much they need to make.

think of it as a invitation to a wedding/party,
you need to know when and where it is first before you can go/respone.
chance you won't go if someone sends a invite today for a partie tommrow

Boll316
11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
That fact that it is limeted sucks kuz i finally got spare money to get it and its like the only game i want this year lol.

caswallawn_2k7
11-03-2009, 01:55 PM
the whole point of the special edition pack's is the very fact they are limited, if they weren't limited they would be collectors items as you could just pick them up next year for nowhere near full price.

every collectors edition for every game is limited to a certain number, you argument is like saying why don't you get the pre-order bonus after launch. it's all rewards to the dedicated customers who are willing to pay for the the franchise and it's memorabilia and take up the game early. if you look at the black edition in Europe most places stopped selling it about July.

Boll316
11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
It come out the 17th. thats more than enough time to get things shipped and what not. I see your point but not all of us have money to use on everything. I got more than enough bills to pay and stuff to deal with and i can't get it now kuz gamestop doesn't wanna order more. I know alot of games that i have been able to get on the day or preorder it the day before I.E. Halo 3 / World of warcraft WOTLK. Things that i didn't get stopped from getting. Espically the fact that it is more than 10 days away from release i should be able to. Something tells me its just gamestop.

Phobos14
11-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Hence why I saidthat toy should try BestBuy. I am sure there is limited numbers for each company or maybe not but it's worth the try. And a lot of the Best Buys have a special midnight opening go get if before the rest of us.

Boll316
11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Phobos14:
Hence why I saidthat toy should try BestBuy. I am sure there is limited numbers for each company or maybe not but it's worth the try. And a lot of the Best Buys have a special midnight opening go get if before the rest of us.

Best buy doesnt sell the Master Assassin's Edition.

caswallawn_2k7
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
you can get any game the day it launches, no matter how big a game is there will always be way more standard copies than there are special editions, Ubi will of put a call into factories asking for X amount of each item in the special editions to be made, then these would determine the number of special editions available to the stores.

then the stores head office would be given a number that they will receive for the entire chain, then it's up to the store to prioritise what number of copies will go to each area to maximise their sales. in most cases this will mean keeping around 50% or more for online sales as these come a entire country. then each shop would get a share of the remaining number of special editions.

an example of this since you seem to like WoW is the last 2 expansion in the UK the special editions that went to stores were between 5 and 10 copies per store and the vast majority were sold through the web.

if you really want it order it from the website as that is the only place that will ever have copies after this point (if they actually have any left)

Black_Widow9
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Please look here-
Assassin's Creed 2 - GAME EDITIONS (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8591064287)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>