PDA

View Full Version : Why Abstergo guards were easy.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 06:46 PM
The reason Minerva makes Desmond stab her is because Lucy is a templar (as most of you already know). Which means she was working with Abstergo. That's why the Abstergo guards went easy on them and used those sticks.

I felt like sharing this cause a lot of people have been asking why Abstergo guards didn't try when they tried to capture Desmond and I just wanted to break the ice I should say lol :P

Sorry if this topic mislead you. Leave your thought below http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Lucy isn't a Templar.

Let this topic die.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 06:49 PM
LOL then care to explain why he stabbed her??

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I know I shouldn't even bother, but you're wrong of course and it's not Minerva, it's Juno.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Guys, it's just a guess. Please cut me some slack lol. But I've been hearing a lot about Juno. Who is he?

Stowdace
10-14-2011, 06:54 PM
1). It was Juno, not Minerva
2). Lucy was an undercover agent for the Assassins, working at Abstergo
3). Made to stab Lucy because she was once affiliated with the Templars(don't know, but reasonable)
4). Abstergo still may have needed Desmond for his memories, wanting him alive

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 06:55 PM
She. Juno is the TWCB in Brotherhood.

Dude, read the freaking AC wiki. I did that way before I even got on the forums. Before I even got AC2 even. Not everything on the wiki, but I knew enough.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Guys, it's just a guess. Please cut me some slack lol. But I've been hearing a lot about Juno. Who is he?
First of all Juno is a woman. Second of all she's the holographic figure at the end of ACB.

Lucy obviously isn't a Templar. If she were Juno wouldn't have been beating around the bush like that and just told Desmond that she was a traitor and needed to be killed. Besides, we don't even know if she's even on the side of the Assassins, or that she even remotely cares about which group wins the war as long as whatever needs to be done is done.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Does Minerva have to do anything with Juno??? Also, I don't remember a hologram at the end of ACB. All I could see was a bunch of symbols.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Does Minerva have to do anything with Juno??? Also, I don't remember a hologram at the end of ACB. All I could see was a bunch of symbols.
Both are the names of Roman goddesses and they likely assumed the roles of those goddesses to influence the course of history.

Minerva (the woman at the end of ACII) was the goddess of wisdom (and sometimes war), she's known in Greek mythology as (Pallas) Athena. Juno is called Hera and she's the goddess of fertility and the wife of Jupiter (aka Zeus), the god of thunder and basically the king of all the gods. According to myth Minerva and Juno, along with Venus (aka Aphrodite), are part of a trio of goddesses that fought over the possession of a golden apple (!), a fight which eventually would lead to the Trojan war.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:08 PM
I thought the Trojan War was a fight between Athena and Poseidon? Or is that only in Percy Jackson and the Olympians?

:P I love that series. I picked it up when I was in 7th grade and I'm still reading it as a Junior in High School.

CRUDFACE
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Both are the names of Roman goddesses and they likely assumed the roles of those goddesses to influence the course of history.

Minerva (the woman at the end of ACII) was the goddess of wisdom, she's known in Greek mythology as (Pallas) Athena. Juno is called Hera. According to myth those 2 along with Venus (aka Aphrodite) are part of a trio of goddesses that fought over the possession of a golden apple (!), a fight which eventually would lead to the Trojan war. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*plays dramatic music* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Sarari
So at the era of Desmond in the game, they're still fighting for the apples? This is so weird and mind opening...

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I thought the Trojan War was a fight between Athena and Poseidon? Or is that only in Percy Jackson and the Olympians?

:P I love that series. I picked it up when I was in 7th grade and I'm still reading it as a Junior in High School.
It definitely wasn't. The war itself was influenced by a much larger number of gods mind you, but it was all stared by Eris' Apple of Discord.

So at the era of Desmond in the game, they're still fighting for the apples? This is so weird and mind opening...
Possibly. We don't really know much about wth is up with TWCB. They seem to want to protect the Earth, but there are a lot of things suggested by the very myths we know them from that there might be more that's going on.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

It definitely wasn't. The war itself was influenced by a much larger number of gods mind you, but it was all stared by Eris' Apple of Discord. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny thing, they didn't want to invite her because she would cause trouble. She only used the apple because she wasn't invited.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 07:11 PM
So I got another question. Did Adam and Eve steal the apple from Minerva/gods?? And if they did, why would Ezio give it back to Minerva in AC2??

Sarari
10-14-2011, 07:14 PM
And who were they running from??

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

It definitely wasn't. The war itself was influenced by a much larger number of gods mind you, but it was all stared by Eris' Apple of Discord. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny thing, they didn't want to invite her because she would cause trouble. She only used the apple because she wasn't invited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very true and beautifully ironic.

@Sarari
Well as Minerva explained at the end of ACII the humans used to be slaves to TWCB. All that changed at some point (presumably when Adam and Eve took one of the apples), which caused a war between the humans and TWCB. Eventually some grew tired of fighting apparently, and they formed a group of humans and TWCB of some kind that tried to protect the earth from the solar flare thingy.

I would assume that they were running away from some of TWCB.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:19 PM
I wonder if we are going to see the other 'Big Three', the male side specifically. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades (Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto).

I wonder if the theory about there being two factions of TWCB is correct, and there are the gods (Minerva, Juno, Venus, Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto, Mercury, Apollo, etc.) and the Titans (I don't know their Roman names. Just the Greek ones).

Actually, I wonder if we see a TWCB from Ezio perspective in ACR if it will have a Roman name or a Greek name? Wasn't Constantinople mainly Greek in nature?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I wonder if we are going to see the other 'Big Three', the male side specifically. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades (Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto).

I wonder if the theory about there being two factions of TWCB is correct, and there are the gods (Minerva, Juno, Venus, Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto, Mercury, Apollo, etc.) and the Titans (I don't know their Roman names. Just the Greek ones).

Actually, I wonder if we see a TWCB from Ezio perspective in ACR if it will have a Roman name or a Greek name? Wasn't Constantinople mainly Greek in nature?
Y'know what's funny? The Titans came from Uranus ;D

Sarari
10-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I heard a theory that they were going to meet somebody at the top of that building. Because if you look closely, Adam nor Eve have the apple with them while they're climbing to the top of the building or while they're running. So my guess is that Desmond's job is to go back in time to give Eve the apple.

If you pay attention in the video when they're on the roof and they show the mountains, you can see something white and hazy flying towards them. Some say that that is someone travelling back in time to give Eve the apple which I think is Desmond.

But, IF Eve had the apple, why stop at the top of the building and say "Adam, I have it." It all makes sense. All this is just a theory or a guess I should say.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:25 PM

Y'know what's funny? The Titans came from Uranus ;D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Uranus and Gaia were primordial (sky and earth respectively), their children were the titans...I always feel squicky when it comes to how Cronus dealt with Uranus at Gaia's behest.

Needless to say, Uranus did not wonder the testicle anymore XD

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh yea, I remember the Roman name of Kronos now, Saturn. How did I forget?

Anyway, Saturn's sons were Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto. Saturn ate Neptune and Pluto, and then Jupiter gave Saturn some stuff that made him barf them up. At least that's the Greek story. I'm not sure if the Roman one is the same.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Anyway, Saturn's sons were Jupiter, Neptune, and Pluto. Saturn ate Neptune and Pluto, and then Jupiter gave Saturn some stuff that made him barf them up. At least that's the Greek story. I'm not sure if the Roman one is the same.
There are 2 versions I believe, but neither is exclusive to either the Greeks or the Romans. In one he barfs them up and in the other his stomach is cut open.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have anything to say about the theory???....... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:35 PM

Been a while since I've referred tot he gods by planet. But yeah, it's one of those things in religion where they create the backstory for an artifact for event in history. Like all the events in religions about the flood.

I think the romans just took the story but upped the gods. Like Juno holding more importance or Hades (Pluto) becoming more on fortune

I always felt bad for Hades, all that crap cause he has a bad job and people keep trying to escape his domain

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM
ah, Greek Mythology.

I wonder if there is a TWCB named Ra.

Oh, I personally really like the theory that sixth sense of Knowledge that the TWCB have means that they have the memories of all of their ancestors unlocked to them. I remember reading that, and that when Minerva said that she has many names that's what they thought of. Not to mention knowledge of the intentions of others around them, and being able to see visions of the past.

I could personally use that Sixth Sense in my AC/Naruto crossover. Naruto gains the sixth sense when he's like 18 and is instantly God-like in wisdom. :P

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:41 PM
ah, Greek Mythology.

Oh, I personally really like the theory that sixth sense of Knowledge that the TWCB have means that they have the memories of all of their ancestors unlocked to them. I remember reading that, and that when Minerva said that she has many names that's what they thought of. Not to mention knowledge of the intentions of others around them, and being able to see visions of the past.

I could personally use that Sixth Sense in my AC/Naruto crossover. Naruto gains the sixth sense when he's like 18 and is instantly God-like in wisdom. :P
Well the names she mentioned were Etruskan, so I would assume that they've been doing their thing in Italy for quite some time.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Still.. I'd be interested if the Sixth Sense is literally just becoming one with your ancestors memories. I wonder if Desmond will achieve the Sixth sense in ACR or in AC3.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Still.. I'd be interested if the Sixth Sense is literally just becoming one with your ancestors memories. I wonder if Desmond will achieve the Sixth sense in ACR or in AC3.
Well, I've shared my theory about him having to relive that memory from The Truth to awaken it, which I think would then take place in ACR (the one S16 memory).

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Sorry for not replying about the subject Sarari!

So:

-Eve has a pouch attached to her shoulder. while they're running, she could've put it there while free running

-the surrounding area is glitchy because it's an animus session and an old memory at that if that has any bearing on it

I don't think that'll be Desmond's rule. If Desmond's does give them the apple, and they start the war with it, won't it just be a timeloop? It doesn't really solve the 2012 problem

ah, Greek Mythology.

Dude, you have WAY too much skill if you can write a god like character well. You know, that all reminds me of Dune, I love that book

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Never said I could write it. Just that it would be interesting to try.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Never said I could write it. Just that it would be interesting to try.

My bad. That reveal reminded of when Sasuke fought against Orochimaro in the forest of death. he was talking about how much "HE COULD SEE!" and it just sounded like he awakened Eagle Sense or something.

I think a moment like that in Ac would be really cool

dxsxhxcx
10-14-2011, 08:09 PM
the guards were easy probably because:

1. Abstergo/Templars underestimated the Assassins;
2. They had no intention in kill them, Desmond because he's important and the others because they could be usefull in the future, making them give the Templars information about the other assassins for example;
3. they used batons because of reason number "1";
4. all guards in the game are easy, why the ones in the future wouldn't be?! :P

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Honest to god I'm not sure what I want to do with Sasuke. I'm not sure if I want to make him a Templar, an Assassin gone Templar, an Assassin gone Rogue like Abbas, or just an Assassin that's good.

I mean, I know that eventually the original Team 7 is gonna be caught up in the conflicts, but I'm not sure on specifics yet.

gosh darn these derails.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

2. They had no intention in kill them, Desmond because he's important and the others because they could be usefull in the future, making them give the Templars information about the other assassins for example;

Number 4 is the holy grail. there's guns in the 16th century, but not now? Even as far and underestimating goes, that's far, yah know? they could've at least brought guns to disable them or hold them in place.

@Jexx:how about gone rogue, but stays on their side to screw with their plans? Destroy them from the inside. And then get truly redeemed?

dxsxhxcx
10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Number 4 is the holy grail. there's guns in the 16th century, but not now? Even as far and underestimating goes, that's far, yah know? they could've at least brought guns to disable them or hold them in place.

@Jexx:how about gone rogue, but stays on their side to screw with their plans? Destroy them from the inside. And then get truly redeemed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but since I believe is more interesting for the continuation of the story that Desmond needs to stay with the assassins to be able to search for the PoEs, make Desmond defeat a little "army" of guards equiped with guns IMO would be too unrealistic...

Jexx21
Nah, that's what I have planned for Itachi practically. A mole like Lucy.
How about we continue this in our PM? :P

CRUDFACE
@Jexx: yeah, lol, that makes more sense

@dsz: I know, guns are hard to work with. the moment was made for an awesome fight scene. just feels weird that they had to strip them away more than the guards in Ezio's time to get away with it.

That scene was epic though...

SleezeRocker
10-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Come on, we all know how TWCB really died:

http://plusxp.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/athenadeath.jpg

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:29 PM
ANGST STORM OF SWORDS!

@Sleeze: LMAO, I was so mad when that happened. I impale Zeus with that thing like ten freaking times. She dies in one slightly spine slicing thrust!

Sarari
10-14-2011, 10:18 PM
This topic has gone from guards to Greek names, etc.........Can we at least talk about the game AC instead of some other ones? Thank you

Sarari
10-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I just read a few comments and I think Desmond should keep and pistol or some kind of gun with him in case he gets into a fight with Abstergo.

Remember in AC1 you can here them shooting the assassins? I'm pretty sure those assassins weren't stupid enough to just barge in without guns.

naran6142
10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
im pretty sure they use batons in AC2 because ubi wasn't going to make a new combat system for 5 mins of game play

Sarari
10-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
im pretty sure they use batons in AC2 because ubi wasn't going to make a new combat system for 5 mins of game play
I totally agree with that LOLL!!!!

Sarari
10-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Sorry for not replying about the subject Sarari!

So:

-Eve has a pouch attached to her shoulder. while they're running, she could've put it there while free running

-the surrounding area is glitchy because it's an animus session and an old memory at that if that has any bearing on it

I don't think that'll be Desmond's rule. If Desmond's does give them the apple, and they start the war with it, won't it just be a timeloop? It doesn't really solve the 2012 problem
I guess you're right about the Desmond part. But why would Adam and Eve stop running at the top of the building, or why even go there. Why stop and say "Adam, I have it"?? I never understood why they did that.

Tijntm
10-15-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't think Lucy is a Templar. When I first got all the subject 16 puzzles in ACB I thought he was talking about Lucy being a betrayer. But when I made my second play-through I thought he was talking about Juno being the backstabber because Desmond and Lucy where descendants from Adam Eve. Eve came in contact with a piece of eden making her resistant to the brainwashing, she woke up Adam and they fled away together making the first Assassin's.
What I'm trying to say is Juno is trying to stop you from knowing the thruth by making you stab Lucy and putting you in a coma. I don't think Lucy is a bad guy but those who came before might be.

Sarari
10-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tijntm:
I don't think Lucy is a Templar. When I first got all the subject 16 puzzles in ACB I thought he was talking about Lucy being a betrayer. But when I made my second play-through I thought he was talking about Juno being the backstabber because Desmond and Lucy where descendants from Adam Eve. Eve came in contact with a piece of eden making her resistant to the brainwashing, she woke up Adam and they fled away together making the first Assassin's.
What I'm trying to say is Juno is trying to stop you from knowing the thruth by making you stab Lucy and putting you in a coma. I don't think Lucy is a bad guy but those who came before might be.
That is a very good theory. It makes alot of sense. I'm gonna stick with that for now :P

Black_Widow9
10-15-2011, 03:03 PM
@Sarari- Please use the Edit button to change an existing post instead of double/triple posting which is against the rules. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Let's try to keep this on Topic.