PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Collection

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:34 AM
My little bro had this idea that almost wasn't half bad. Food for thought, at any rate.

Because AC2 picks up literally where AC1 leaves off (with desmond in his cell), the idea was to, when the trilogy was completed, create a sort of "collector's edition" where one game transitions neatly into the next. This all hinges on AC2 leaving off and AC3 picking up at that spot as well.

Basically, you finish AC1 and as you're directed to the freakiness on the wall and the credits roll by, when they are done, you are in AC2. (Presumably the same formula with whatever AC3 has in store.)

Likely not even close to feasible, but what do you think?

Account_Deleted
07-25-2009, 03:03 AM
This idea has been disscussed already i sopose
and welcome to the forums , click find button next time before posting please.

and the idea ani't that bad
maybe extra $10-20 they'd throw in something collectable

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
This idea has been disscussed already i sopose
and welcome to the forums , click find button next time before posting please.

and the idea ani't that bad
maybe extra $10-20 they'd throw in something collectable

Oh, sorry. I didn't know it had already been discussed. I've been using the find button before I post generally, but had no idea what keywords to use for this one haha.

Account_Deleted
07-25-2009, 03:10 AM
ahah, nah it's alright, new users normaly make that common mistake,
anywho,
what makes you intrested in AC2?

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Oh, I love the concepts in AC1, like the crowd-based stealth and PoP-style parkour put in a sandbox setting. And it looks like all the good stuff from AC1 is getting totally refined in AC2. Plus I have a soft spot for trashy da-vinci-code-style conspiracy stories. hahaha

Veagor
07-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Maybe it could be DLC or something

Account_Deleted
07-25-2009, 07:40 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
wlel it's hard for companys to make tri packs.
unless it's been released for a long time or the franchiese is making enough money.

obliviondoll
07-25-2009, 09:21 AM
They did a trilogy pack for Prince of Persia.

But that came way later.

I like the idea, but I doubt it would happen, and I doubt a lot of people would buy it when they already have the first two games... It'd be something for when sales are starting to drop off, and so are the prices.

Edengoth
07-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
They did a trilogy pack for Prince of Persia.

Yeah, but for PoP, they didn't (as far as I know), actually integrate all three games into a "mega-game" hahaha.

What I meant was more along the lines of taking advantage of the endings exactly meeting the beginnings and fusing the three together into an ungodly giant.

So, presumably, after you complete the trilogy, if you're still in that room, the animus could be used to relive either Altair, Ezio, or Birdman Steve (or whoever is AC3's star).

Like I said, not probable, but something to think about.

Grimm-X67
07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I see where you're going with this but it'd take a hell of a lot of memory in a disc to do that, something which only the PS3 has now, and even then I doubt it'll work. Maybe fitting in all of AC1, and a bit of AC2, but fitting in both WITH The Adventures of Birdman Steve, it'd be difficult.

MeAltairLol
07-27-2009, 04:20 AM
Birdman? That's a rapper from Louisina (sp?)...

But that'd be a cool idea, playing throughout the whole AC series in one or two sittings in like 10 years would be really cool, I'd say.

And Grim, I'm guessing by the time they release ACIII, and then a good three-four years till they release a tri-pack, there'll be new consoles out.

Danvish
07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
You know... it doesn't even have to be a 3 cds pack, but more than a patch that lets you load save games from all 3 games.
I think they'll be quite wise if they do what Mass Effect 2 will do. It will let you load your saved game, and then you continue from there, so all the choices and upgrades you got will stay with you. So here it will be nice if you can get into the Animus and live as Altair, Ezio or Danvish (Desmond, <deep scary breathing>, I am your father) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif