PDA

View Full Version : how to combine missions in a campaign

donky2005
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I've been trying to create a campaign of two missions but it doesn't seem to work
Can someone tell me how to do this
thanks

donky2005
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
I've been trying to create a campaign of two missions but it doesn't seem to work
Can someone tell me how to do this
thanks

bird_brain
08-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Lets say for example, it is a US Air Force Campaign...

Create a folder for it under IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles/Missions/Campaign/US/Your_Campaign. Do not leave any spaces or use symbols in the folder name.

Copy the campaign.ini file and the info.properties files from another user made campaign and place them in your campaign folder. You are welcome to use any of mine if you like. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Place your missions with corresponding .properties files in the same folder.

Open campaign.ini in notepad and change the mission names in the list to match your mission names. You can delete the line referring to the epilogue track if you are not playing a track file to end the campaign.

Open the info.properties file and add in your campaign name and text you want displayed at the beginning of the campaign just as if it were a mission brief file.

There is apparently an error in the syntax listed for the campaign.ini file in the manual which is why I suggest you copy one that works. You will have a different text referring to awards for red (Allied) or blue (Axis) campaigns.

I can post an example of a file for reference if you need it too.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Zeus-cat
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
You can always copy someone else's campaign files and modify them so that it works for your campaign.

Download bird_brain's Cactus Diary campaign and play it (its excellent). After you play it, look at the files he created. Once you understand how it really works, it is pretty easy to make your own.

Zeus-cat