PDA

View Full Version : What question(s) would you ask the Apple?

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 12:39 AM
That POE seems to know like everything, past, present, and future. So if you could ask the apple something, what would it be?

xCr0wnedNorris
08-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Where the hell is my Gameboy?

Xanatos2007
08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
I don't think it would be able to tell us the meaning of life, but I'd certainly like to ask how it all started. Whether the universe happened by accident or was the creation of divine being(s).

And perhaps a few other questions, but if I only had one that would be it.

eagleforlife1
08-06-2011, 01:31 AM
What would win; a hippo or a shark?

Xanatos2007
08-06-2011, 01:40 AM
"If Pinocchio said his nose was going to extend, what would happen?"

Chamboozer
08-06-2011, 02:17 AM
I'd ask who the most intelligent person in human history was.

Chamboozer
08-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Nothing, because he's making an assumption about the future. Such a thing can be neither a lie nor the truth because Pinocchio himself does not know what will happen.

blazefp
08-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

eheh nice one.

Seriously, I wouldn't ask a thing, I would just explore whatever the apple had for me.

PR030T
08-06-2011, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Nothing, because he's making an assumption about the future. Such a thing can be neither a lie nor the truth because Pinocchio himself does not know what will happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But what if he said: my nose is extending? :P

Grazel69
08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by PR030T:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chamboozer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Nothing, because he's making an assumption about the future. Such a thing can be neither a lie nor the truth because Pinocchio himself does not know what will happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But what if he said: my nose is extending? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
then it would extend because at the time he said it it wasn't extending

SixKeys
08-06-2011, 06:20 AM
But once it's in the act of extending, he's telling the truth. So would it start going back and forth?

LightRey
08-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
But once it's in the act of extending, he's telling the truth. So would it start going back and forth?
I think his nose will start extending when he's done saying it, so it wouldn't be the truth at any point.

ninjasownu
08-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I forgot are PoEs created by the ones who came before? I dont think so if I remember correctly.

AntiChrist7
08-06-2011, 09:24 AM
i owuld ask: why do young chicks always dig old guys?

xCr0wnedNorris
08-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Money.

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

I can answer that one for you and it isn't money...it's experience. I personally don't like men my age (I'm 22) because they are immature. Maturity is what makes a man attractive.

As for what I would ask the apple...What is it like to be all knowing?

ThaWhistle
08-06-2011, 09:42 AM
everything.

AntiChrist7
08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by StolenCookie89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

I can answer that one for you and it isn't money...it's experience. I personally don't like men my age (I'm 22) because they are immature. Maturity is what makes a man attractive.

As for what I would ask the apple...What is it like to be all knowing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo do know that when you're getting older he will dump you for an even younger girl, right? if you equal maturity to *******-factor, yes then you're right

OT: can god make a stone so heavy he cant lift it?

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StolenCookie89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

As for what I would ask the apple...What is it like to be all knowing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo do know that when you're getting older he will dump you for an even younger girl, right? if you equal maturity to *******-factor, yes then you're right

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, but then again I'm the mean cat lady from down the street. I would probably bite back.

But this is totally off topic anyway...

I think everyone is so full of questions, Why not ask the Apple 'What is the answer to all the questions in the world?' Somehow I feel that if someone asked that the Apple would have some kind of overload and blow up, or utter the words 'Does not Compute!' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 11:32 AM
I think you know what she meant dude. Girls expect guys who are older to be more mature. That and not 'that' many guys who are young actually act mature. More is expected of older guys. I have the same view about women. I don't want someone way older than me mind you, just not a kid. Annnnyyway, back to the topic so it doesnt get closed by the managers

I'd ask how to retain the memories of my ancestors and past lives. That wisdom could greatly benefit people

@stolencookie:if someone did do that and walked down the street yelling "I am all knowing! I know everything!" Technically wouldnt he be right?

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95

@stolencookie:if someone did do that and walked down the street yelling "I am all knowing! I know everything!" Technically wouldnt he be right?

Of course, he would be only right to himself. Everyone else would think he was lying or find him unamussing. Like the Creed says, Nothing is true. If you look at it that way Nothing is true in the sense that you may only know your truth, not everyone elses truth. So in theory, he is right, but only to himself.

Brandonmac10
08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
@StolenCookie89

You could not ask the apple everything in the world. Using the apple at all makes your mind start to weaken. If you ask the answers to everything in the world your head would definitely explode.

This answer is coming from what Altair wrote in the codex. (except for the head exploding part)

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Brandonmac10:
@StolenCookie89

You could not ask the apple everything in the world. Using the apple at all makes your mind start to weaken. If you ask the answers to everything in the world your head would definitely explode.

This answer is coming from what Altair wrote in the codex. (except for the head exploding part)

Going from what I've seen in the games, yes it does weaken you, but exploding your head is impossible. However I think the apple would physically drain all your energy before it ever go to that point. I also recall it is more potent to weaker minded people, not saying that I would immune to it because I don't know if I am or not.

Just going by logic, I would think that yes it would kill you. But in doing so you would learn quite a bit.

Also, I find myself with another question...Why do I live with a bunch of monkeys? (my brothers are acting like idiots)

Chamboozer
08-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Overuse of the apple seemed to drain Ezio's energy up until the point of death, but not past that point. I imagine that if you asked it to explain everything it would do so until you were nearly dead, then stop and let you rest, then continue etc.

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 12:18 PM
If that is the case...someone just kill me with a knife or something. Judging by how Ezio responded every time the Apple drained his energy, I don't think I would last long.

Suddenly...asking questions seems to cost too much energy. I'm too lazy to ask questions, although I love answers!

Chamboozer
08-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Well, asking questions is probably less draining than trying to mind control people. So it wouldn't be as bad as it was for Ezio.

The simple solution is to just ask the apple specific things, instead of asking for the answer to everything. Since the universe might be infinite, you could get yourself stuck there endlessly as the apple tries to tell you the answer to something that never ends.

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Thus the reason I would ask someone to stab me.

Although mind control doesn't sound so bad when you use it on your siblings.

On topic: Why hello there Apple, are you going to do a Monty Python reference when I ask you something?

What is your name?
What is your favorite color?
What is the air-speed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?

Me: Do you mean African or European?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif That's funny right there...

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I would definitely ask how to destroy it and all the other POEs. Also where to find them and the best way to get them. Al Mualim said it was temptation incarnate. And altair said the apple will seemingly give you what you want as long as you are obedient. And in that Bonfire dlc for AC2 during a confession Ezio said the apple controlled the man because he allowed it. If you give it your mind.

As very tempting as it is I think the apple is evil and needs to be destroyed. TWCB 'did' make humans with a neurotransmitter that reacts only to the POE so we act like slaves to it. "Its as if our minds were made for them, manufactured to obey" as 16 said. the POE seems it was made for more harm than good. At least on our part. For TWCB, not so much.

StolenCookie89
08-06-2011, 12:39 PM
@Mikatsuki95: You do raise an interesting point. I think the same as you do concerning the 'machine' theory.

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you. I can't exactly prove the POE is evil, but one fact remains, humans were designed to react like slaves to it, the POE was made to control minds not enlighten them.

I want to add something to this. People here have wondered what grants immunity to the POE's control. Another POE? Having the blood of TWCB? Maybe the answer is both. So far there's been only one explanation. It was from Al Mualim to Altair. Altair asked why Al Mualim allowed him to retain his mind. I'll provide his exact words. Forgive me as this post might be lengthy.

Al Mualim:"Who you are and what you do are twined too tight together. To rob you of one would have deprived me of the other. And those Templars had to die. But the truth is, I did try, in my study when I showed you the treasure. You are not like the others. You saw through the illusion"

Altair:"Illusion?"

Al Mualim:"That's all its ever done. This Templar treasure. This piece of eden. This word of god. Do you understand now? Red sea was never parted. Water never turned to wine. It was not the machinations of Eris that spawned the Trojan Horse, but this. Illusions. All of them."

Heh told ya it might be lengthy. Anyways thats the about the only real explanation we were given regarding what the apple is. Its gifts and miracles are just in the head. That part about Altair being who he was and what he did (strong individuality maybe?) may have been what helped him see the POE not as a great treasure but a "piece of silver" as he called it. Or it could've been a combination of that and having the blood of TWCB. Another POE I want to add is The Shroud which 'can' heal, so that much isn't an illusion like the apple. But its not without side effects, (wiki Giovanni Borgia for details) or a tempting voice, like when Mario and his team found it underground and kept telling them to use it. His own men attacked him cuz they didn't want to leave a piece of cloth behind. Wiki that too for details cuz my memory isnt so good on that regarding exactly what happened.

The details we'll have to find in future games regarding immunity. But I still think POE is evil. It basically says to you "I'll give you anything you want as long as I have your mind." The few slavers of TWCB did make the apple, so it makes sense the apple would demand your mind.

rileypoole1234
08-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I would ask it probably about religion. All the religions of the world. I don't really feel like saying what I'd ask about religion because there's a very large possibility for a fight to start and we don't want that now do we?

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 01:38 PM
If you mean no offense and its just an innocent question, then I don't see whats wrong with it. And since you didnt specify what exactly you would ask I'm officially interested in what it is.

Mutley_Rulz
08-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Am I going to get laid tonight?

PoE: Don't count on it.

*Shake stupid thing, ask same question*

PoE: Try again later.

notafanboy
08-06-2011, 02:19 PM
where is AC3 ?

rileypoole1234
08-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
If you mean no offense and its just an innocent question, then I don't see whats wrong with it. And since you didnt specify what exactly you would ask I'm officially interested in what it is.

Well I'd probably ask if it's real or not. Like if Heaven and Hell is real and if humans really are spirits, and the bodies are like clothing that get "changed" after death. I'd ask if God is real, and what he is. I'd ask if Paradise is the same as Heaven, and is Shambhala(Shangri-La) is the same as the Garden of Eden. Just questions like that. What really got me thinking about stuff like this is the book The Lost Symbol. It's the sequel to the Da Vinci Code. It tells about God in a way i've never thought of before, and I'm not sure I want to think about God that way. It's quite good actually. But that's really it. Just kind of general questions about religion.

LightRey
08-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Thank you. I can't exactly prove the POE is evil, but one fact remains, humans were designed to react like slaves to it, the POE was made to control minds not enlighten them.

I want to add something to this. People here have wondered what grants immunity to the POE's control. Another POE? Having the blood of TWCB? Maybe the answer is both. So far there's been only one explanation. It was from Al Mualim to Altair. Altair asked why Al Mualim allowed him to retain his mind. I'll provide his exact words. Forgive me as this post might be lengthy.

Al Mualim:"Who you are and what you do are twined too tight together. To rob you of one would have deprived me of the other. And those Templars had to die. But the truth is, I did try, in my study when I showed you the treasure. You are not like the others. You saw through the illusion"

Altair:"Illusion?"

Al Mualim:"That's all its ever done. This Templar treasure. This piece of eden. This word of god. Do you understand now? Red sea was never parted. Water never turned to wine. It was not the machinations of Eris that spawned the Trojan Horse, but this. Illusions. All of them."

Heh told ya it might be lengthy. Anyways thats the about the only real explanation we were given regarding what the apple is. Its gifts and miracles are just in the head. That part about Altair being who he was and what he did (strong individuality maybe?) may have been what helped him see the POE not as a great treasure but a "piece of silver" as he called it. Or it could've been a combination of that and having the blood of TWCB. Another POE I want to add is The Shroud which 'can' heal, so that much isn't an illusion like the apple. But its not without side effects, (wiki Giovanni Borgia for details) or a tempting voice, like when Mario and his team found it underground and kept telling them to use it. His own men attacked him cuz they didn't want to leave a piece of cloth behind. Wiki that too for details cuz my memory isnt so good on that regarding exactly what happened.

The details we'll have to find in future games regarding immunity. But I still think POE is evil. It basically says to you "I'll give you anything you want as long as I have your mind." The few slavers of TWCB did make the apple, so it makes sense the apple would demand your mind.
You are assuming here that Al Mualim knew all about how the apple worked. Alta´r and Ezio had years to figure out the inner workings of the apple. There might have been much more to its capabilities than mere illusions.

As for what I would ask it. Since I already know electricity can destroy it, I wouldn't ask for that. I think I'd ask it for the details of Nikola Tesla's idea for free, wireless electricity. I'd like to know that.

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 06:21 PM
No I'm only saying out of all the games, this is the only time we're given any kind of explanation about the apple. Ezio and Altair may have learned more about it, but this is all the info the game gives us. In short anyway. If there's more to learn about it and I hope there is, its yet to be revealed

NewBlade200
08-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Me: When will Half Life 2: Episode 3 be released?
POE: *Explodes*

LightRey
08-07-2011, 04:53 AM
No I'm only saying out of all the games, this is the only time we're given any kind of explanation about the apple. Ezio and Altair may have learned more about it, but this is all the info the game gives us. In short anyway. If there's more to learn about it and I hope there is, its yet to be revealed
Well S16 gives us quite a lot of information about the apple. Stuff about the neurotransmitter only in humans it seems to be able to release etc. There's also the fact that Ezio is able to kill people with it in ACB. So we most definitely do have more information about the apple.

Mikatsuki95
08-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes but I already mentioned that part about the brain, and I felt the killing part so obvious to whoever played ACB that we all knew that already.

I'm very less interested in what it does because that answers little of my questions. Even if we found out it could suddenly heal wounds I don't care, that tells me little. 16 said the pieces were once part of whole. I'm assuming this whole makes up Eden. Since they are POEs. It doesn't appear they were whole at the time of that video of his. My questions are what is the real distinction of its use between humans and TWCB? What exactly do they define as Eden since these pieces as a whole make that up. And what exactly is that whole? This would shed some real light.

But enough of what I think. This topic is supposed to be about what every one else would ask the apple. If you want to discuss it further make a new topic.

LightRey
08-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes but I already mentioned that part about the brain, and I felt the killing part so obvious to whoever played ACB that we all knew that already.

I'm very less interested in what it does because that answers little of my questions. Even if we found out it could suddenly heal wounds I don't care, that tells me little. 16 said the pieces were once part of whole. I'm assuming this whole makes up Eden. Since they are POEs. It doesn't appear they were whole at the time of that video of his. My questions are what is the real distinction of its use between humans and TWCB? What exactly do they define as Eden since these pieces as a whole make that up. And what exactly is that whole? This would shed some real light.

But enough of what I think. This topic is supposed to be about what every one else would ask the apple. If you want to discuss it further make a new topic.
I think S16 was merely referring to the apple and the staff being part of a whole, not necessarily the other pieces. The apple and the staff fit together.

notafanboy
08-07-2011, 02:20 PM
why do we have butt hair ?

nickfern19
08-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
why do we have butt hair ?

This

Altair661
08-11-2011, 10:42 PM
What the rest of the AC Series storyline is!!!! Also....
I dare to say it?

IF Altair is Subject 16...
if not
WHO!!!!

LightRey
08-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:
What the rest of the AC Series storyline is!!!! Also....
I dare to say it?

IF Altair is Subject 16...
if not
WHO!!!!
Of course he isn't.

SixKeys
08-12-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm not sure the Apple can answer questions directly. Granted, I'm not as familiar with all the different AC media as some other members here (comics, novels etc.) and I can't remember if it's ever been exactly stated in the games. My understanding of the Apple has always been that it has the power to create powerful illusions on behalf of the person currently possessing it, and maybe show them vague visions of the future (and past?). In the codex, Alta´r mentioned having wondered what happened to TWCB and posing that question to the Apple. He saw a vision of burning towers and people dying and it terrified him so much he never wanted to use the Apple again (although he probably did). He didn't know what the vision meant, though. He asked a question and the Apple showed him something, but the interpretation was up to him. That may be why the Templars and Assassins have such different goals. Two people can ask the same question and are shown the same vision, but both of them might interpret it differently. One will take it as a threat, the other as a message of hope, or something. Since the POEs were created to enslave humanity, they're probably designed in such a way that their messages are easily misinterpreted by humans. Basically they create lies and misconceptions. So I don't see how it would be safe to ask the Apple anything and expect a truthful answer.

lukaszep
08-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I'd probably ask it what question i should ask it.

LightRey
08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Who is Mysterion?