PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashing

trenken
03-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I had SH3 working great for about 2 months. Then I had a fairly minor graphical issue in the game and should have left it alone since it wasnt that big of a deal, but I decided to do a full reinstall. Bad idea! Now the game crashes during the loading screen right at about 95% completion. I've tried everything from reinstalling multiple times, cleaning out the registry, playing with system settings, etc. I dont know what the problem is and am getting desperate for some help.

AMD 3000+ 2ghz
Windows XP Pro SP2
2gig RAM
ASUS nVidia 6800
512 vid memory

VikingGrandad
03-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Is your installation fully clean, or do you have any mods installed? I had loading screen crashes a long time agom due to a mess-up with mod files. I had un-installed an alternative loading screen mod with the JSGME Mod Enabler, which didn't put all the original files back, so there were files missing (I'm not sure if this was a problem with JSGME or something else I had done by accident, as JSGME has not causes any other problems for me)

Also, when you re-installed, did you delete your SH3 folder from your 'My Documents' folder? This is where your games settings and save points are stored, which may be causing the problem (e.g. if one of the files is corrupt). Try deleting this folder (maybe back it up somewhere first) and running the game.

VikingGrandad
03-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Also, did you follow these re-install instructions in the Community Manual (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Reinstalling_SH3)? It also contains info on how to fix damaged career files.

Blue_Ninja63
03-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I fully agree with Vikinggrandad on this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif If you're using mods and if something isn't installed correctly or done in the right order you're asking for trouble. So follow the instructions and links above they will help. I had to take the time and learn how to do this as well because of crashes, however, know that it can be fixed so don't panic.

Good luck and I hope all works out for you.

trenken
03-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the help. I purchased and downloaded the game, and when I tried to reinstall, it wasnt installing the latest patch. But it did the 1st time I installed. Its working now though finally.