PDA

View Full Version : PRONE

The3PointBuck
06-09-2011, 12:10 AM
It would be nice for prone to return. In The first games I used it all the time too crawl undetected into enemy positions. Then if I was compromised during my ninja like attack I could sprint and dive into some tall grass until things cooled down. It also compliments multiplayer nicely, especially with the map editor. You can hide better, fit through tight spaces, and make more complex obstacle course maps.

Fallen-Champ
06-09-2011, 12:32 AM
I would like to see prone return also - People love to mention that FC2 was a realistic game but if you can't lie down and hide then maybe it isn't as realistic as they thought.

If you have the diamond in a Capture The Flag type mode and the coast is not clear then you don't want to just stand there like a clown waiting to die (I think they tried to force the action but unfortunately the player moved slow so for me they missed the boat)

It would have been better to be able to hide in a bush and lie low until the coast looks clear to make a run for it (with zimmer frame)

Prone would be a good thing - lets keep hoping.

(just so long as they stop the duck jumpers from FCIP - You know the cowardly ones.

BS PALADIN
06-09-2011, 02:08 AM
I think Battlefield started this craze of removing prone from Multiplayer games. Prone is important for snipers, but I agree that it should be nerfed somehow to prevent quick dropping. Maybe with a forced animation that takes 1-3 seconds.

Clover_field.
06-09-2011, 03:01 AM
There is only one class that makes sence to use prone.
The class I always hate the most - sniper.
Noone else missed prone, in BF and in FC2.

If sniper get prone in FC3 we will have the first server that will not allow sniper class. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

killa_677
06-09-2011, 03:26 AM
I want prone. Though typically I'm run and gun if the map allows me to be stealthy I go with it. Prone definitely helps with stealth and especially sniping. Please put it in.

Edit:

@ Clover_field.

Snipers make me mad too if I'm in a game that isn't for snipers. But still I like prone for stealthiness and FC3 seems to embrace stealth more so its possible that prone is coming.

DeftOneRadio
06-09-2011, 09:45 AM
You know, I seem to remember people getting all up in arms over there being no prone in FC2 when it first came out. The complaints seemed to quickly fade away into non-existence, though.

I think FC2 was fine without it. I could go either way for FC3, I guess. Doesn't really matter to me.

BS PALADIN
06-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Also remember that Far Cry 2's multiplayer died a quick death after just a month or two. With that great map editor Far Cry 2 should have had a massive online following. The fact that the Mp community was so barren( maybe you disagree, but only a minroity played the game after the 3 month mark )shows that there were many faults with it. Maybe the exclusion of prone wasn't one of them, but I for one would like to see it included.

The failure of Far Cry 2's multiplayer should encourage the developers to make a more robust online experience. There already have been some great ideas posted on these forums. I hope they take note of them. The best one I feel is the inclusion of co-op capabilities through the editor. Now that would ensure a Xbox Live top 10 place for many months.

WretcheddDrake
06-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I remember the days of Far Cry Instincts/Predator on Xbox...

We would call 'em "Duck and Jumpers" because they would constantly hop around between prone and standing. One second they'd be in the grass and the next they'd be in the air. Was pretty annoying to deal with.

I think a 2 second animation would fix the issue while still having relatively quick switch to prone.

CaptainDEEZ
06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Prone would be great.
But it may be too much of an advantage for a sniper. Sniper is my favorite class and all, but prone would probably throw them off balance too much.
Unless maybe the standing sniper had some shake in his scope. Sniping it a bit too easy in Far Cry.

KarimRaef
06-11-2011, 03:18 AM
ohhhhhh i would love STEALTH

DapperHayden007
06-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by CaptainDEEZ:
Prone would be great.
But it may be too much of an advantage for a sniper. Sniper is my favorite class and all, but prone would probably throw them off balance too much.
Unless maybe the standing sniper had some shake in his scope. Sniping it a bit too easy in Far Cry.

maybe have it so the amount of shake relies on your position, standing up, a bad amount of shake, on knees less but still a lot and prone a small amount of shake, i prefer the option of excluding prone though :P